+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

Prepare your Soul Vows, Chaotic Brethren. 

WHAT IS A SOUL VOW? 

A soul vow consists of a vow to multiply the points of your first vow by at least two.

I will make regular updates in a seperate thread, and post those here as well. Please note that unlike previous years, the Soul Vow event will only be available to the CSM forum, not the entire Chaos Faction.  

In addition, those who pledge themselves to the CSM forum from now on will also receive the right to wear a special 'corrupted banner', as they have given their soul to chaos. 

Hidden Content

I do still need an artist to actually create these banners - anyone willing to help? :rolleyes:

About time... :lol:

Oof. If I were to make a Soul Vow, it'd have to be something involving my Death Guard. Which is difficult, since a lot of my Death Guard models that could be used have at least one or two colours on them already (aside from primer). Hmm....

No worries, Gederas. Strip them, and repaint! :biggrin.: :wink:

@ Teetengee: as an incentive to join the CSM forum, as one united Chaos forum has a better chance at the Dominus Exercitus prize against the Space Marines forum than as three divided forums undermining each other's efforts. With all Space Marines in one faction, I have little to no hopes of the Chaos faction winning the Magister rank, so we'll have to uphold our honour by aiming at the Dominus Exercitus. Besides, Daemons have no soul, and renegades aren't deserving of the Gods' graces. :wink:

I finished my Noxious Blightbringer and my Lord of Contagion. The links redirect to the posts in my thread where there's more pictures of the miniatures, of all angles.

Noxious BlightbringerfDAkJJT.jpg

Lord of Contagion

rGro3C3.jpg

It's still early in the event, plenty of time for someone to make a larger vow (or vow something larger)... I intend on making at least one more vow after this one is done, be it my Death Guard codex Daemons or something much more *ahem* epic.

I Nemac Vradon rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete a Daemon Prince of Khorne with Two sets of Malific Talons and Wings of total value 180 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_74887_13568_102641.png

Nemac

f08e14255abdb34b737668539fdfb8b1.jpg

THE LONG WAR CONTINUES! JOIN THE ETL NOW!

Welcome Nemac - an amazing conversion there! Good luck mate!

@ Augustus: Those are some sweet disease-ridden Marines! Well done - brilliant work as ever! But in the turmoil of the first weekly update I missed your call for assistance for the updates. The best I can do right now is to leave the link here with all the FAQs. As regards the Chapter Approved, there is little I can do - you need to ask and you shall receive. So here it is: Warhammer Community FAQ's. I also adjusted the value of your vow in the first page. Sorry for this mate... :blush.:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

OK, the Decimator model is a more elaborate (and bulky) business than the Ironstrider which also needs to be Chaos-ified - I assume we'll be seeing some conversions here... :wink:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

The Ironstrider will definitely be converted. A lot! I've already done one Decimator conversion using this model, so here's how this one going to look.

4MqXpr5.jpg

The official model doesn’t really fit the Slaaneshi aesthetics, so I'm going for a much leaner build, but it's still the right size in terms of height. Here's a WIP of the previous one to show what I mean.

8LRFUfq.jpg

I know it doesn't use any of the actual Decimator parts, but I hope it’s alright for this competition?

So my FLGS is getting screwed with the primer right now. I'm honestly not sure I'll have primer by the end of the month at this rate....

Especially worse because I ALREADY PAID FOR THE PRIMER, so I can't just go to the GW a city over to get primer.

This is ridiculous >.<

So my FLGS is getting screwed with the primer right now. I'm honestly not sure I'll have primer by the end of the month at this rate....

Especially worse because I ALREADY PAID FOR THE PRIMER, so I can't just go to the GW a city over to get primer.

This is ridiculous >.

Go old school and do it by hand, I do :Tu:

This is ridiculous.

Where am I going to get paint-on white or grey primer? :lol:

This is ridiculous.

Where am I going to get paint-on white or grey primer? :lol:

GW sells smelly primer, or just use any white base coat paint.

I use liquitex gesso, mixed bottles of black and white together for a grey, then found out they do a grey anyway :lol:

You can find it in art shops or on Amazon for a reasonable price, it requires no thinning and can be slipped on pretty liberally with no loss of detail.

I, Chaz Sexington, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marine forum and vow to complete a Chaos Lord on Bike (Power sword), a Daemon Prince (2x Malefic Talons), 10 Cultists, 5 Warp Talons, and 2 squads of 3 CSM Bikers (2x Meltaguns, 1x Combi-Melta) equalling 706 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Chaos Lord on Bike (Power sword) - 119pt

Daemon Prince (2x Malefic Talons) - 156pt

10 Cultists - 40pt

2x 3 CSM Bikers (2x Meltagun, 1x Combi-Melta) - 256pt

5 Warp Talons - 135pt

RkfdcZfl.jpg

5sP21sel.jpg

wxhRcJxl.jpg

lycRf6Xl.jpg

gwAiqMll.jpg

Hey Chaz, welcome aboard! I won't lie, I'd just assumed you'd vowed already and I'd missed it.

Dragonlover

I delayed it a bit - I've been removing mouldlines (still got the Chaos Lord/Jetek Suberei and the Warp Talons to clean) and still got some green stuffing left. Gonna get started this weekend!

Archived