+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

@ Augustus: Those are some sweet disease-ridden Marines! Well done - brilliant work as ever! But in the turmoil of the first weekly update I missed your call for assistance for the updates. The best I can do right now is to leave the link here with all the FAQs. As regards the Chapter Approved, there is little I can do - you need to ask and you shall receive. So here it is: Warhammer Community FAQ's. I also adjusted the value of your vow in the first page. Sorry for this mate... :blush.:

No apology needed - as soon as I became aware of the points discrepancy I was like "noooooo Semper will hate me for having to change my order again" I feel like I should apologize to you for not having Chapter Approved and giving you extra work :D Thanks for the edit. razblood gave me all points changes through PM. :tu:

Hidden Content

5sP21sel.jpg

Chaz, what/where is that demon prince from?

Mierce Miniatures, it's for my Alpha Legion.

http://mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_dkl_kth_hyd_wld_101_000 

http://mierce-miniatures.com/store_mierceminiatures/images_product/mrm_dkl_kth_hyd_wld_101_000_01_large.png

That's a PERFECT Alpha Legion Daemon prince!!! it makes me want to collect Alpha Legion!

OK, the Decimator model is a more elaborate (and bulky) business than the Ironstrider which also needs to be Chaos-ified - I assume we'll be seeing some conversions here... :wink:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

The Ironstrider will definitely be converted. A lot! I've already done one Decimator conversion using this model, so here's how this one going to look.

Hidden Content

4MqXpr5.jpg

The official model doesn’t really fit the Slaaneshi aesthetics, so I'm going for a much leaner build, but it's still the right size in terms of height. Here's a WIP of the previous one to show what I mean.

8LRFUfq.jpg

I know it doesn't use any of the actual Decimator parts, but I hope it’s alright for this competition?

That Ironstrider/Talos/Armiger conversion is SCHEMXY!!! Very nice!

I love the icon on the pauldron. Classic Alpha Legion trolling.

I'm considered cutting it off an replacing it with a decal. Whatcha think?

I like it. It looks like the "curls" on the horns of the U morph into snake heads, and if that's not enough trolling, the spearhead pierces and bisects the U as well. Either way, it's spit in the eyes of the Ultramarines.

I vote for removing the icon and replacing it with an AL decal.

Here's why: this miniature doesn't breathe 40K - as cool as it in general and and the icon in particular is, I don't think it's in the style of the Alpha Legion to 'spit' on the icons of other legions on their own armour - especially when the pauldron is about the only armour they still wear. I think the miniature as a whole would benefit from an Alpha Legion decal from the FW decal sheet - it'd help identify the miniature as belonging to the 40K universe and as an AL DP. Sure, the fluff says 'wheels within wheels' and would benefit the 'double whammy' icon, but the human eye wants a recognizable miniature. You want the miniature to be recognizable as an AL DP in one glance. The icon would prevent that, while an AL decal would help achieve that effect.

Afternoon all. I have a small update on my Daemon Prince:

gallery_74887_13568_315969.png

Taking shape now but still a ways to go. Also, this:

Here's why: this miniature doesn't breathe 40K - as cool as it in general and and the icon in particular is, I don't think it's in the style of the Alpha Legion to 'spit' on the icons of other legions on their own armour - especially when the pauldron is about the only armour they still wear. I think the miniature as a whole would benefit from an Alpha Legion decal from the FW decal sheet - it'd help identify the miniature as belonging to the 40K universe and as an AL DP. Sure, the fluff says 'wheels within wheels' and would benefit the 'double whammy' icon, but the human eye wants a recognizable miniature. You want the miniature to be recognizable as an AL DP in one glance. The icon would prevent that, while an AL decal would help achieve that effect.

:tu:

Nemac

I, Chaz Sexington, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marine forum and vow to complete a Chaos Lord on Bike (Power sword), a Daemon Prince (2x Malefic Talons), 10 Cultists, 5 Warp Talons, and 2 squads of 3 CSM Bikers (2x Meltaguns, 1x Combi-Melta) equalling 706 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Chaos Lord on Bike (Power sword) - 119pt

Daemon Prince (2x Malefic Talons) - 156pt

10 Cultists - 40pt

2x 3 CSM Bikers (2x Meltagun, 1x Combi-Melta) - 256pt

5 Warp Talons - 135pt

RkfdcZfl.jpg

5sP21sel.jpg

wxhRcJxl.jpg

lycRf6Xl.jpg

gwAiqMll.jpg

Hi Chaz, welcome back! This Daemon is great! Will you try to give it some 40k flavour? Good luck mate!

Afternoon all. I have a small update on my Daemon Prince:

gallery_74887_13568_315969.png

Taking shape now but still a ways to go. Also, this:

Here's why: this miniature doesn't breathe 40K - as cool as it in general and and the icon in particular is, I don't think it's in the style of the Alpha Legion to 'spit' on the icons of other legions on their own armour - especially when the pauldron is about the only armour they still wear. I think the miniature as a whole would benefit from an Alpha Legion decal from the FW decal sheet - it'd help identify the miniature as belonging to the 40K universe and as an AL DP. Sure, the fluff says 'wheels within wheels' and would benefit the 'double whammy' icon, but the human eye wants a recognizable miniature. You want the miniature to be recognizable as an AL DP in one glance. The icon would prevent that, while an AL decal would help achieve that effect.

:thumbsup:

Nemac

Looks awesome Nemac! the work your've done on the cauldrons is outstanding and I'm not only referring to the fire/lava effect... :tu:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Chaz Sexington, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marine forum and vow to complete a Chaos Lord on Bike (Power sword), a Daemon Prince (2x Malefic Talons), 10 Cultists, 5 Warp Talons, and 2 squads of 3 CSM Bikers (2x Meltaguns, 1x Combi-Melta) equalling 706 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

10 Cultists - 40pt

5 Warp Talons - 135pt

RkfdcZfl.jpg

5sP21sel.jpg

wxhRcJxl.jpg

lycRf6Xl.jpg

gwAiqMll.jpg

Hi Chaz, welcome back! This Daemon is great! Will you try to give it some 40k flavour? Good luck mate! 

I'll paint him up to match my Alpha Legionnaires - he's the right size for a DP (roughly same height, slightly wider due to the tail). Weapons-wise, I can arm him with Malefic Talonx2, Malefic Talon and Daemonic Axe, or Malefic Talon and Hellforged Sword, which all cost the same as per the BRB. His actual weapons are big, nasty claws, a trident, and two swords, so a little proxying. If you don't think he's 40k enough, I can pull him from the vow? I've got his brother with two maces as well.

Edit: Would it be more palatable if I trim off the symbols and replace them with Alpha Legion symbols?

I like it. It looks like the "curls" on the horns of the U morph into snake heads, and if that's not enough trolling, the spearhead pierces and bisects the U as well. Either way, it's spit in the eyes of the Ultramarines.

I saw it as the Rod of Asclepius, but I follow you now!

Here's why: this miniature doesn't breathe 40K - as cool as it in general and and the icon in particular is, I don't think it's in the style of the Alpha Legion to 'spit' on the icons of other legions on their own armour - especially when the pauldron is about the only armour they still wear. I think the miniature as a whole would benefit from an Alpha Legion decal from the FW decal sheet - it'd help identify the miniature as belonging to the 40K universe and as an AL DP. Sure, the fluff says 'wheels within wheels' and would benefit the 'double whammy' icon, but the human eye wants a recognizable miniature. You want the miniature to be recognizable as an AL DP in one glance. The icon would prevent that, while an AL decal would help achieve that effect.

I was in two minds whether to do it, but I agree - a FW or freehand will probably look more unifying. 

I saw it as the Rod of Asclepius, but I follow you now!

I was in two minds whether to do it, but I agree - a FW or freehand will probably look more unifying.

An update for my vow!

Had some trouble with some Reikland Fleshshade, which meant 2 Scarab Occult chaps had to be stripped. On the upside, I've made excellent progress otherwise...

gallery_92897_13832_254974.jpg

gallery_92897_13832_691524.jpg

gallery_92897_13832_278210.jpg

Was dreading doing the Sorceror because of how many details it has, but actually it came together very nicely! Although I'm annoyed at how bad some of the highlights on the pink/white are

The Sorcerer's look awesome, FirstSonofHorus :). 

I have also completed the Daemon Prince now and with it my first vow. I can't take pictures at the moment because it's raining and also getting dark so I will have those done tomorrow. I have only ever made a single vow in previous ETL's I believe and so would like to try and get some additional units together to make a second vow soon. 

Nemac

Just though show progress so far. Got a few days off now & things have settle down a bit.

Hellwright

med_gallery_13342_13449_335652.jpg

Havocs (other two get built tomorrow)

med_gallery_13342_13449_418462.jpg

Also been inspired by this art work from the Horus Heresy

med_gallery_13342_13449_36997.jpg

Decimator - Still add few parts & forgot pick up there base today :(

med_gallery_13342_13449_181752.jpg

Siege Dreadnought waiting to get built oN Tuesday

med_gallery_13342_13449_463246.jpg

Anti Air Dreadnought & Cultist should be arrive during the week by Forge World.

Then some future vows.

​Bastion - Pretty much I didn't want to make the vow right away until they where built & so didn't block any other future vows could get painted quickly. But this is tomorrow plan, try get them all built & ready for Vow 2

med_gallery_13342_13449_414085.jpg

Vow 2 once that time happen, will also see Heldrake added

med_gallery_13342_13449_388651.jpg

I, Chaz Sexington, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marine forum and vow to complete a Chaos Lord on Bike (Power sword), a Daemon Prince (2x Malefic Talons), 10 Cultists, 5 Warp Talons, and 2 squads of 3 CSM Bikers (2x Meltaguns, 1x Combi-Melta) equalling 706 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

10 Cultists - 40pt

5 Warp Talons - 135pt

I'll paint him up to match my Alpha Legionnaires - he's the right size for a DP (roughly same height, slightly wider due to the tail). Weapons-wise, I can arm him with Malefic Talonx2, Malefic Talon and Daemonic Axe, or Malefic Talon and Hellforged Sword, which all cost the same as per the BRB. His actual weapons are big, nasty claws, a trident, and two swords, so a little proxying. If you don't think he's 40k enough, I can pull him from the vow? I've got his brother with two maces as well.

Edit: Would it be more palatable if I trim off the symbols and replace them with Alpha Legion symbols?

Everything is fine - the appropriate painting would have sufficed - let alone all the gear you'll be putting there. Good luck with it! :)

An update for my vow!

Had some trouble with some Reikland Fleshshade, which meant 2 Scarab Occult chaps had to be stripped. On the upside, I've made excellent progress otherwise...

Was dreading doing the Sorceror because of how many details it has, but actually it came together very nicely! Although I'm annoyed at how bad some of the highlights on the pink/white are

I know that Nurgle is all the craze as of late, but for me Thousand Sons is the pinnacle of Chaos Marines design! I know I'll get flak for it, but that's how I feel! and you are doing them great justice man - don't be too hard on yourself! 

Just though show progress so far.  Got a few days off now & things have settle down a bit.

Hellwright

Havocs (other two get built tomorrow)

Also been inspired by this art work from the Horus Heresy

Decimator - Still add few parts & forgot pick up there base today :sad.:

Siege Dreadnought waiting to get built oN Tuesday

Anti Air Dreadnought & Cultist should be arrive during the week by Forge World.

Then some future vows.

​Bastion - Pretty much I didn't want to make the vow right away until they where built & so didn't block any other future vows could get painted quickly.  But this is tomorrow plan, try get them all built & ready for Vow 2

Vow 2 once that time happen, will also see Heldrake added

And the usual high standards and signature style from IP! Carry on sir, your work is inspirational!

Damn... that blows my next vow right out of the water ☹

Meaning? :huh:

It is true though, we have our first (and possibly only?) Warlord Titan! The Imperial Agents are making a strong comeback. Truth being said I expected more hype with the Custodes...  

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

A freaking warlord???

I need to rummage through my wardrobe of stuff. I know I have at least one unbuilt knight...and some other stuff...

No titans for me this year either. My only LoW is going to be Mortarion, since I cannot vow Scabeiathrax...

First Plague Marine Squad finished! More pics, of all angles of all miniature seperately, here in my thread.

EZw2NDG.jpg

Also, I finished building the Daemon Prince. Any last comments and feedback would be most appreciated in my thread

ueSWahg.jpg

A freaking warlord???

I need to rummage through my wardrobe of stuff. I know I have at least one unbuilt knight...and some other stuff...

Hahaha! Don't worry about that just yet, the focus at this stage should be on attracting new recruits... ;)

@ Augustus: Man, these are outstanding! And the Daemon Prince too! :eek: Someone is on the road for the Artifice badge...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Congratulations Nemac! This a clean, tidy job and he definitely looks the part! :TU: You're also the first completion for the Chaos Space Marines! :woot:

Look forward for your follow-up!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived