+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

Hahaha I could say "We told you so", but since you already made that same point, that's kinda redundant.

Keep on trucking, buddy!! Think of it this way: when you plough through this now, you'll have all those cultists done and never have todo them again! :tu:

Yeah but they don't match my theme. I have a bunch of them from my 30K Word Bearers. I'd rather take the time and do it right instead of doing it just to do it.

It'll all be based by the end of the event for a cool final photo, how's that?

Totally fine. :tu:

You were all right. Cultists are a pain on the fourth point of contact.

Tip: Do them in trios. Do three, then something else, another three etc. Keeps the painting palate nice and refreshed, and more importantly, your mind sane. There's a reason Cultists ask "can you hear the voices too?" after a while. And that's the models, not the Dawn of War game. 

Currently doing 4 before I'm basecoating a slew of Bikes and Warp Talons.

1XsUaxPl.jpg

Base colours down (mostly) on the 4 first Cultists. This may be a while...

Looking really good there, especially the yellow of the flamer canister, it stands out well.

Thanks!  I was deciding between doing the canister red and yellow and decided on yellow, as I have scattered bits of red on the models already.

Awesome completion Dr Ruminahui! Care for a refill?

Dragonlover

Dr_Ruminahui: NICE job on the completion! Revow? If you can finish one in two weeks, you can do five in three months :wink::biggrin.:

Thank you!  And I will be making another vow of 12 noise marines, once I finish converting them out of chaos warriors - I'm currently building 6, which are in various states of completion, and have 6 more that I haven't even started.

So I'm aiming to make the new vow before next week.

Well done Dr_Ruminahui - excellent completion! Look fwd for your next vow!

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Progress update:

All thirty Cultists have their clothing as good as finished. I'm hoping to have all the metal sorted in a day or two, and from there we just have the skin, small details and finally the bases to go.

I'll get better pics after a day or two of long work shifts, but bar a few touches, I can say that the weekend off has seen progress indeed.

http://i.imgur.com/WlQjHYo.jpg

The Eyes of the Carniborous. First step down, time to start the big boys !

Those look great!  I especially like the contrast between the red bodies and the dark arms.  Any close ups of the guy on the right's base?  It looks like you have done interesting things to it.

Would it be ok if I PM'd someone a rough outline of my list to make sure the options are ok and to get points costs?

What force? I'd be able to help with death guard, but I index for everything else at the moment.

Slow and steady wins the race, right? Right?

Just taking my time, although I will admit this is going a bit faster than I imagined. I think it’s going slower right now because I am trying to go for a more unified look for my vehicles and I want the older pieces of armor to look appropriately messed up. So I’m trying to push my skills to try a few new things... sponges, oil based paints, weathering powders, texture paint, etc. If get done with this vow and still have some decent time left, I’ll do up a Contemptor.

So general all-over rust now, a few more bright highlights on the steel, and some oil slicks once all that dries. That top left side I am in love with, hopefully I can get something close to that for the rest of the exposed metal on the back.

Looking ok so far?

5dhJwT.jpg

z1Hwqz.jpg

Daemon Prince of Nurgle DONE

Wow, your demon prince is fantastic!

[...]

Looking ok so far?

[...]

Looks great!  I would love to see some pics of the front when you have some.

Would it be ok if I PM'd someone a rough outline of my list to make sure the options are ok and to get points costs?

What force? I'd be able to help with death guard, but I index for everything else at the moment.

Thanks Raz, managed to get the points sorted with Dragonlover and Lord Rust

So here goes.....

I, gianlucafiorentini123, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Luxon the side of the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete the units listed below of total value 672 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker as a mark of shame until the year-end.

++ Unbound Army (Faction) (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [42 PL, 514pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Legion: Renegade Chapters

+ HQ +

Daemon Prince [8 PL, 159pts]: Hellforged sword, Nurgle, Warp bolter

Fabius Bile [6 PL, 109pts]

+ Elites +

Chaos Terminators [28 PL, 246pts]: Icon of Despair, Mark of Nurgle

. Chaos Terminator Champion: Combi-bolter, Power axe

. Terminator: Combi-bolter, Lightning Claw

. Terminator: Combi-bolter, Lightning Claw

. Terminator: Combi-bolter, Power fist

. Terminator w/ Heavy Weapon: Power axe, Reaper autocannon

++ Unbound Army (Faction) (Chaos - Death Guard) [8 PL, 158pts] ++

+ Fast Attack +

Foetid Bloat-drone [8 PL, 158pts]: 2x Plaguespitters, Plague probe

++ Total: [50 PL, 672pts] ++

6IQWNy4m.jpg

U1GkW12m.jpg

LDoZNZ8m.jpg

dUidt1Rm.jpg

Small enough vow but i some how managed to forget my black primer so have to use units that start from a white undercoat.

All three CSM squads from my vow are now finished, I'm hoping to get the Lord and Helbrute done by Saturday evening. I've been slightly scuppered by having to unexpectedly catsit for my mother.

Dragonlover

Archived