+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

I picked up my Lord of Slaanesh on Daemonic Mount from my local GW store (hello next Vow), and I was tired of waiting for primer to be shipped to my FLGS, and as such grabbed some primer white primer.

XlHxzQ4.jpg

Now I can finally get painting of my Noise Marines.

Cultists are coming along fairly nicely, albeit a little more slowly than I would have liked. All thirty have their clothing and guns finished, and twenty of the thirty now have the base colours down for their skin. There's not a massive amount of stuff left to go on a per-model basis (finishing the skin, bracers or arm wrappings, melee weapons and some fine details like eye lenses and chem tubes) it's just a matter of doing it for thirty models and trying to add in a little variety here and there. Then there's the bases of course, but I'm not going to worry about those until I've finished all the miniatures in the vow so I can work on them all at once.

Pretty confident I can meet my target and have this vow finished before the end of the month, it's just all a bit of a tiresome slog.

Good to hear!

@40kChris: sorry I missed your post, the freehand looks cracking mate!

Got my second vow sprayed up yesterday, shouldn't take too long to paint the Terminators, and now I've painted one Helbrute the second one should be a lot easier.

Just gotta work out what freehand to give them all. Tempted to try some scales out.

Dragonlover

Hello, very nice models on those progress and completions, congratulations everyone.

Last two weeks I had extra work and couldn't do much of my vow, I just manage to finish the rhino and the chammpion of the second squad of plaguemarines

42207068172_730dbc3b23_z_d.jpg

I, Deadman Wade, hereby vow the following to the cause of the Chaos Space Marines in the ETL VI:

1 Sorcerer in terminator armour with force stave and twin-linked bolter

1 Chaos Lord with jump pack and twin lightning claws

1 Helbrute with twin lascannon, helbrute fist and twin-linked bolter

For a total of 374 points. Small steps corrupt.

OK guys, lots of completions - that's generally good news. Not themes important thing at this stage but important enough. Good momentum there.

BTW, is it possible to modify a vow that you've completed?  I've decided I didn't like one of my chosen conversions, so I've cut of his arms and am giving him different wargear, that's 14 more points.

If not, that's fine, I'll do the changes for my own benefit alone. :smile.:

Hahahaha, this is the first time anyone has asked me that! I mean, it's one thing to slightly modify a vow once made - but change it after it's completed? :no:

Hi guys, got back to hobbying after a brief hiatus because of exams and so missed the start of the ETL, but I've already done my pledge in the daemon outpost. However, as it seems to be a bit empty, I come to my power-armpur clad brothers to ask, how chaos seems to be faring this year against the other sub forums? I've already seen all Space Marines are in the same faction, so it should be a tough competition, but it would be great if someone could brief me up a bit! BTW, amazing work on this thread, wish the daemon outpost was as active!

Not as good as previous years but still quite strong. If you manage to up the participation in the remaining time until June 1st then you may again go comfortably to the lead. Otherwise you got to really work for it! :lol:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I go, I come back :ph34r.:

I Razblood, yadda yadda for the glory of wotsit hereby vow 1x Foetid Blight Drone (2x Plaguespitter, Plague Probe), 1x Helbrute (Twin Lascannon, Missile Launcher) & 10x Poxyboys for a total of 365 points, to be completed by 1st August 2018. Blah blah failure is bad, Rubbalubbadubdub victory is ours!

Pics to follow tomorrow, because I'm too tired to mess about setting up my booth and then editing the pictures to the correct file size. :teehee:

Edit: Pics moved here at Semper's request -

med_gallery_39897_14558_770169.jpg

med_gallery_39897_14558_403130.jpg

So I just finished Lucius and the Jump Pack Sorcerer:

TBePFMA.jpgkkoRkW3.jpg

And I have to say, good lord. Lucius was annoying to paint with all the nooks and crannies. I lucked out and got a finecast model without any imperfections, but man. So much detail

I need to finish priming the rest of the Noise Marines, then I can paint them and the Sonicbrute.

And then I have to deal with assembling the... 40 Cultists. Oh boy :lol:

Tremblant that Rhino is awesome! Are all the mutations fully sculpted from scratch?

Nice little revow there Wade! More Night Lords?

Dragonlover

Yeah, I finally got FW Night Lords dreadnought :)

Hello, very nice models on those progress and completions, congratulations everyone.

Last two weeks I had extra work and couldn't do much of my vow, I just manage to finish the rhino and the chammpion of the second squad of plaguemarines

Disgusting. I like that :D

Disgusting. I like that :D

Cultists... Why did I have to pick cultists...

Okay, so I do have a question for you all. For my vow I've found a set of dark mechanicus decals that are great, but only come in all black or all white. Which, normally, would be fine. But my main paint color is incubi darkness. I grabbed some spare bits and did a test of both colors and... I still don't know.

Black is a little too dark, white is a little too stark. I'm torn. I beseech you all (and, of course, the dark gods) for input. Thoughts?

Tremblant that Rhino is awesome! Are all the mutations fully sculpted from scratch?

Nice little revow there Wade! More Night Lords?

Dragonlover

No, I don't have the skill to sculpt something like that, what I did was to cut and butchered an old D&D miniature in a lot of pieces to spread on the rhino

OK guys, lots of completions - that's generally good news. Not themes important thing at this stage but important enough. Good momentum there.

BTW, is it possible to modify a vow that you've completed?  I've decided I didn't like one of my chosen conversions, so I've cut of his arms and am giving him different wargear, that's 14 more points.

Hahahaha, this is the first time anyone has asked me that! I mean, it's one thing to slightly modify a vow once made - but change it after it's completed? :no:

Well, good to keep you on your toes. :)  I take it that's a no?

Use the white and give it a wash of sepia?

Simple yet elegant... Love it. You think the color will hold on transfers? I've never tried that.

I don't see why not, but I've not tried it either, maybe a coat of lahmian medium first to give the wash something to stick to? I have seen plenty of examples where people have applied transfers before any other weathering effects so it should work, got to be worth a try right?

Well, good to keep you on your toes. :smile.:  I take it that's a no?

It's a no, man... :lol:

Also Razblood, can you edit the pics in the vow post? Thx mate!

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Use the white and give it a wash of sepia?

Simple yet elegant... Love it. You think the color will hold on transfers? I've never tried that.

Give the transfers a gloss varnish before you wash them. Then, after the wash is dry, varnish them however you normally do (matt, satin, gloss)

Archived