+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

There's a lot of awesome work in going on in this forum - very inspiring.

I'm not sure how much I can add to the cause but I've got plenty of unpainted stuff - we'll see what I can get done.

I , Sgt. Blank, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marine Forum and vow to complete one Predator with twin lascannon turret, lascannon sponsons and havoc launcher of total value 201 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Here's the starting point:

qrAj4v7.jpg?1

Edit: if this doesn't count as a base color, let me know.

Man, there are some great pieces in here. Been away a while, so might as well dive back in here.

I, Large and Moving Torb, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Death Guard and the Chaos Space Marines forum and vow to complete the units listed below of total value 296 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker as a mark of shame until the year-end.

1) Lord of Contagion with Manreaper

2) Plague Marines x 6; one with Plasma gun, one with Meltagun, and champion with Plasma gun and Plague sword.

3) Chaos Spawn

And here is my initial picture:

gallery_12381_10073_15608.jpg

Once more, my thanks to both MaliGn and Augustus b'Raass for their help with this project, as I think I found a winner. As with all things Chaos, so often the solution to all one's problems is more Blood for the Blood God.

Sealing the transfer and using shades worked exactly as intended. The colors tinted the white without obscuring the armor beneath, and it really helped tone down the white. They wouldn't settle evenly over the icon, but that was to be expected, and nothing a few coats of careful, precise dabbing wouldn't fix. Except... I couldn't really find a shade I liked. Agrax was the closest to looking good, Nuln Oil and Sepia were alright, and anything else just clashed. I tried making "glazes" with standard paints, but there was always too much pigment and they didn't work. Then I tried BftBG. Being thicker but still translucent it gave better coverage, and I think the red works for what I have planned. 

So, here's an Obliterator and a partially finished Cultist for reference. 

vqle8lAl.jpg?1

Plenty of Incubi Darkness, with accents of Khorne Red (in hindsight, I should have turned the Cultist so the red inside of his robe was showing...). All of my decal plans would be on those shoulder plates and the outside of the robes. 

0c3h9Wam.jpg?1

So I quickly slapped paint on these things and some spare decals for some fast proofs of concept. That's two very haphazard coats of Blood and a flat varnish on top to try and tone down the shine (despite what my poor lighting otherwise implies). With more careful application it will cover quite well. And... that little overspill onto the green actually makes an interesting shadow effect I may consider using. 

I9jyZynl.jpg?1

So there we have what it would ultimately look like when said and done. It actually comes quite close to matching the highlights on the cloth, so it's a pretty good fit. Time to make an order from Fallout Hobbies for some sweet Chaos Cogs. Cheers, all.

Very impressive Scourged! I'm loving your Obliterators, much better than the GW model, much more imposing and they feel as though they're Traitor Legionnaires. I look forward to more!

No update this week, I'm basing the clothing on my Cultists and Zombies but there's a few that still have yet to be touched so I won't bother taking pics. Next week, however...

I'll hopefully have 15 completed - bar basing and filthening - Plague Marines tomorrow - as well as possibly the Chaos Lord if mood sustains, and then this weekend I plan to assemble the last of the Plague Marines and hammer away at the Spartan.

Why hesitate on the filthening? Cause I plan to get all the Marines based at once and then... EVERYTHING GETS DIRTY. Easily by the end of Month 2, I plan to have finished my vow.

I Iron Skull Mask rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete one Renegade Knight (Questor Traitoris) armed with two rapid-fire battle cannons and an ironstorm rocket pod of total value 552 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

And with this I join the fun :smile.:

Photos incoming.

Just checking in to say I am still alive, did my back in again (seems to only happen during the ETL), should be back into the swing of things in a day or so, got all the minis base coated so there isnt much left to do before I revow. :tu:

IMG 3781

I Lhorke the First rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete one Predator with a predator autocannon, lascannon sponsons, and havoc launcher of total value 191 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Blood for the blood god!

edit: updated point values. Thanks for the heads up Razblood.

I Lhorke the First rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete one Predator with a predator autocannon and lascannon sponsons of total value 189 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Blood for the blood god!

Predator autocannon had a price drop in Chapter Approved, so I'm afraid your vow is 180pts rather than 189pts.

Add a havoc launcher and you can take it up to 191pts :Tu:

Excellent! 4 new recruits! Not bad at all!

@ Sgt. Blank: Another veteran (of the Long War?) returns! Welcome back Sgt. and good luck!

@ Large and Moving Torb: Another veteran and all-round Chaos crazyman comes out of the Eye to lend his support! :woot: 

@ Iron Skull Mask: Well, Chaos appears to have called all the veteran reserves! Welcome back Iron Skull Mask - great to see you again!

@ Lhorke the First: Blood for the Blood God indeed! Welcome on board man - good luck with your vow! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Just though show a quick update.

Been bit busy, getting Thousand Sons army (started last year) finish/fully painted for a friend for Sunday. Seen Machine Head on Wednesday, so only had a hour half painting time & then the release of Deathwing for the PS4

med_gallery_13342_13449_546747.jpg

Should have the Dreado Dreadnought & both Decimator fully painted by the end of next week

med_gallery_13342_13449_33614.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_316892.jpg

Painting the Dreado tomorrow

med_gallery_13342_13449_108089.jpg

Then five of the 30 Cultist I'm needing for my ETL vow. While I've got Chaos Guards that double as Cultist. I've try to avoid using Cultist, as it mainly been down to really dislike those list there the only Chaos Marines is the HQ chose.
​It just, with the recent FAQ updated, it allowed Chosen to take Bolter, Bolt Pistol & Close Combat (Chainsword) which a lot of my Iron Warriors are model with. With a few changes to my list, allow me to upgrade those unit to Chosen in future games.

​The Cultist are going to be theme as more, not Chaos Guard standard. Just level below them, sort of gang level from Necromunda who've join the rank. So there not as well trained, but know how to that least fire a atuogun.

med_gallery_13342_13449_345097.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_459322.jpg

Also because I've always like this, from the PS3 Space Marine game.

med_gallery_13342_13449_877636.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_4809.jpg

Hoping by next weekend, thing settle down a bit. Right now I just need to get box Cadian & Autogun from the Genestealer Cult to get my Cultist unit complete. Then it just the unit of Obliterators left for my vow. So they should hopeful start next weekend as well.

Thanks for the warm welcome :smile.:

Here's the before picture. Got carried away a bit and built the skeletton, but remembered in time to take the picture before really painting much. I'll probably have to do a scratch-build for the missle pod, as I seem to have missplaced the parts good. I plan to use some vehicle Havoc Launchers. Hope that's OK Captain - please let me know.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk33/Therrous/ETL%2018/th_20180524_215812.jpg

Far from the best shot, but I really felt I should give you guys some pictorial evidence of how things are coming along for a change:

67a8efab76dbe68fb08427411991b8c3.png

Main problem facing me at the moment is that a solid third or more of these models have bandages or wrappings on them but my Zandri Dust is totally dead. Might have to improvise and see how working from Steel Legion Drab turns out instead.

WE HAVE RECRUITED WELL, BUT....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-z9QYToE44mg/VezbNpEiz6I/AAAAAAAAAhg/75_UILGM-Gk/s1600/else.gif

IF YOU HAVE NOT VOWED HERE,
YOU CAN STILL DEDICATE YOUR SOUL TO CHAOS

until JUNE 1st 00:00 CET, that is.

Everyone vowing after this post
will be eligible for an
awesome custom banner 

the "ETL VI CSM LAST CHANCER" banner
which is being made as we speak

by Dantax VI

Archived