+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

Holy crap, 7 new participants!

In my news, last week I got all but the grime and black of the weapons done on 15 Plague Marines. Next up? Deathshroud. And when I'm done with them today, I'll continue onto my own... side project. Watch this thread for me to show pictures of my out of contest extra project.

I'm continuing to enjoy all the cool pieces in this thread. Some absolutely dazzling painting and modeling going on here! Keep up the great work, my seedy co-belligerents! 

My own progress: have the base colors blocked in on the squad in my vow. I'm feeling good about my progress so far, just need to keep a steady pace. 

Plague Marines with base colors

You do need to have points values for your vow, but feel free to PM someone like me (or Captain Semper if you want things to be super official) with the things you intend to vow and we'll sort the points out for you.

---

I've finished my Cultists, although they still need their bases working on.

gallery_82168_14652_69855.png

Just realised i didnt post the pics of my stuff, so here we go:

gallery_95896_12723_526986.jpg

And my havocs that are still not sprayed since i took this pic :-( run out of red spray until recently so will get them sprayed tonight :-D

gallery_95896_12723_340984.jpg

Ill take another pic of the havocs once sprayed to prove i didnt start them before my vow :-)

I, Freakshow 668, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete:

6 CSM - power sword, plasma pistol, flamer and icon.

5 Havocs - 3 heavy bolters, missile launcher and icon.

5 Havocs - 3 meltaguns, plasma gun combi-plasma, power sword and icon.

5 Havocs - 4 flamers, combi-flamer, power sword and icon.

For a total of 502 points on or before August 1st, 2018.

Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker as a mark of shame until the year-end.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/236131-20180602-134058/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/236130-20180602-134705/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/236129-20180602-134811/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/236128-20180602-134955/

Oh man, what a sight to wake up to! Can't wait to see paint on that Armiger KrautScientist!

Freakshow668, welcome to the B&C and the ETL! Don't forget to put your before pics in your post. If you have issues with it, there's a guide in the main ETL rules post.

Dragonlover

Right then folks, only a couple of hours until the gates close! Anyone else want to join the best forum for the ETL and cover themselves in glory? Sign up here!

Dragonlover

The only required pics are the initial ones that go with the vow and the completed ones when you finish. However, WIP stuff is always welcome as it gives everyone else a bit of a motivational boost, and is cool to look at.

Dragonlover

FreakShow668 and The Blood Raven, you need to edit your vow posts to include the wip pics of all the units you vowed. :tu: You can find your vow comments below the OP of this thread. 

Can anyone help FreakShow668 and The Blood Raven with their posting pictures? I just use imgur and suck at flickr and teh B&C hoster, so if anyone is an expert at flickr at B&C pics, maybe they can help? :smile.:

And another Noise Marine finished. Champion of the Horn(y) Helmet Squad.

bAJYrN9.jpg

XdV9sAg.jpg

SR1QwDB.jpg

I feel that vowing something that takes a lot of time, like Noise Marines whose colour scheme I'm making up as I go along, wasn't the smartest choice :lol:

I'll get in pictures soon, but for now...

I Morovir rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete one Chaos Lord with plasma pistol and power maul, one Exalted Champion with plasma pistol and power sword, and 10 Chaos Space Marines including one Champion with combi-plasma and power sword, seven Marines with bolters, one Marine with plasma gun and one Marine with autocannon of total value 344 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Welcome Morovir! Don't forget to edit in the pics in when you get them. Good luck mate!

Vow 1 is complete. I'll post the pictures tomorrow or on Saturday.

I'll pledge vow 2 right after.

Celtic_Cauldron

Congrats! I'm registering the completion but don't forget the "after" pic! ;) And I look fwd for the follow-up!

Hmm, I originally feared I might have to sit this one out, but there's really no way how I could leave my brothers and sisters in the Great Eye to fight on their own, is there? So it may not be much, but here goes:

From the depths of the void between the stars, Khorne's Eternal Hunt returns. I, KrautScientist, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marines forum and vow to complete 1 Renegade Knight Armiger of total value 223 pts (good thing Oldschoolsoviet already cleared it with Captain Semper :wink: ) on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Here are my before pictures:

Hidden Content

chaos-armiger-wip-16.jpg

chaos-armiger-wip-17.jpg

chaos-armiger-wip-14.jpg

chaos-armiger-wip-15.jpg

chaos-armiger-wip-18.jpg

LET'S DO THIS!

In other news, went through this thread earlier today -- excellent work so far, everyone! Let us make those loyalist curs bleed!

Wow! I'm really happy with my ruling! That conversion looks awesome! And with the pilot? Oh boy! Look fwd for that... :yes:

I, Freakshow 668, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete:

6 CSM - power sword, plasma pistol, flamer and icon.

5 Havocs - 3 heavy bolters, missile launcher and icon.

5 Havocs - 3 meltaguns, plasma gun combi-plasma, power sword and icon.

5 Havocs - 4 flamers, combi-flamer, power sword and icon.

For a total of 502 points on or before August 1st, 2018.

Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker as a mark of shame until the year-end.

Good that you worked it out Freakshow! :tu: Just don't forget to add the pics and feel free to ask any questions!

Welcome

KrautScientist

and

FreakShow668!!

Please take your ETL VI CSM Last Chancer Banner!!

41566861885_51b6792670_o.png

I myself have finished the Plague Surgeons in my vow. More pics, of all angles, here in my thread.

Hidden Content

iqk2WMU.jpg

Man the quality is breathtaking... :wub:

I believe I am required to post some pics of my progress. Behold! My vow primed for painting.

Have a good weekend.

As said above, you're only required to post the "before" and "after" pics. But you are welcome and indeed encouraged to share your progress here! :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Vow 1 is complete.

gallery_21521_14538_1603728.jpg

6 chaos spawn and one exalted champion, total of 273 points, finished for the Glory of Chaos, the Exaltation of the Dark Prince, and the future conquests of The Golden Horde.

A second vow will be placed in the morning, once I have time to inventory the next pieces.

Vow 1 Complete!

1ypMuKL.jpg?1

More angles

Hidden Content
VsS1reL.jpg?1

iCzWu6O.jpg?1

Honestly, this got done a lot faster than I'd expected or hoped. I'm definitely going to do at least one more vow, I need to get some stuff built first though. 

I'm waffling between a lot of bloodletters (approx. 203 points worth), combi-plasma terminators (260), a second predator (190+) a Chaos Lord (93) or a Renegade Knight (466). I think the safe pick may be the Chaos Lord and the other predator. The Knight and the bloodletters are probably the biggest risks of failure but the Knight is pretty tempting.

Congrats on the completion!

Why not the termies and the lord for vow 2? Having just done a similar thing, it's not that much extra effort to put a character onto a batch of five Marines and break it down to two batches of three.

Dragonlover

Well, it's the evening, but here's the second vow:

I, RolandTHTG, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Emperor's Children and vow to complete:

1 Chaos Land Raider - 356 pts

1 Chaos Lord with power maul - 78

1 Chaos sorcerer with power stave - 98

For a total of 532 points on or before August 1st, 2018.

Success will bring me eternal glory in the Dark Prince's name and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker as a mark of shame until the year-end.

gallery_21521_14538_305455.jpg

Good luck Slave! I assume you're going for the full 5 again this year?

Yep, I dont have enough stuff to vow 1576247833563 points like last time but Im making sure I get the full 5. 100% completion rate from this sexy fraeter. :p

Just got to touch up a few bits of rogue paint and Im done. May take a swift nap first though, my pillows trying to seduce me.

Archived