+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

I, TALLARN COMMANDER, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the World Eaters and the Chaos Space Marines and make my second vow to complete the units listed below of total value 516 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker as a mark of shame until the year-end.

2nd Vow

-Azrath, Daemon Prince of Khorne, Daemon Axe (156)

-BloodLady, Blood Slaughterer of Khorne, pair of Slaughter Blades (180)

-888, Blood Slaughterer of Khorne, pair of Slaughter Blades (180)

Total=516

Here are some photos

BloodLady, 888, and Azrath, primed and ready to go

42606751641_07ef74f2da_b.jpg

I put a metal Chaos cruiser bit from BFG on Azrath's base because his metal axe caused him to repeatedly leap off the table

27738533447_d2d11b605c_b.jpg

Azrath with his Daemon Axe, this is a gorgeous Reaper mini. I'll give him the Collar of Borenghast so he can try to stop enemy spellcasting.

28733693308_c89a8b77f9_b.jpg

BloodLady, about to enter the Hellforges for painting. Forgeworld really knows how to sculpt nice models!

40799619280_56378cf0b3_b.jpg

I'll stick a magnet on BloodLadies and 888's backs and then each Blood Slaughterer will sport a large icon like this

42606755071_30bef9085c_b.jpg

Blood for the Blood God!

Black Crusade first week update:

As is tradition, I post the first week's update of the Black Crusade ETL VI Satellite event here too:

l2c2JbW.jpg

Have I MISSED anything? Please let me know in the Black Crusade thread. :)

Recruitment for the Soul Vow is getting up to speed, but.... (I've included this especially for KrautScientist)

gallery_29004_9703_78134.png

We can and should at least double the amount of participants!

Vow 1 complete! Here are the pictures:

Squad Aelius:

20180610.jpg

Squad Sturla:

20180611.jpg

Squad Thorir and its Rhino APC:

20180612.jpg

I will pledge vow 2 in the weekend. You can expect some Death Guard, some Rhinos and a famous Betrayer.

Celtic_Cauldron

Right then folks, we've gotta pull that average vow up. Anyone know what a reasonable cost:time unit is? My suspicion is Terminators and Chosen.

Also, I'd like everyone to consider the following: stick an extra Chaos Lord into a vow. If all of us paint one additional Lord with no upgrades, that's 4070 points in the bag, so it's probably more like a 6000 point jump once you factor upgrades in. Not a bad return for the individual effort involved! Of course if we all paint an Abaddon, that's 13200 points between us...

Dragonlover

Also, I'd like everyone to consider the following: stick an extra Chaos Lord into a vow. If all of us paint one additional Lord with no upgrades, that's 4070 points in the bag, so it's probably more like a 6000 point jump once you factor upgrades in. Not a bad return for the individual effort involved! Of course if we all paint an Abaddon, that's 13200 points between us...

Dragonlover

I've got a: Fabius Bile Counts-As, Warpsmith, Daemon Prince (sword/Talon), Terminators and a Knight I could vow. I just need to finish building the Knight :lol:

Dragonlover, there should be more characters in my next vows, starting with vow 2. Also I think you can consider Rhinos. 72 points on a basic configuration and only one day to complete it for an average painter.

Celtic_Cauldron

I know I'll be getting a lot of mileage out of Land raiders. 350+ for the basic one in my current vow, and some of the FW ones, like the LR Achilles I've got planned for my third vow, end up 450+ pts. 

That's a nice chunk in one model if you're confident of your tank painting abilities. 

I considered Land Raiders, but not everyone has one just knocking about, y'know? Whereas pretty much all of us can knock a character together out of the bits box. That's said, if you're looking at an unpainted Land Raider, chuck it in! Rhinos are also a decent shout, I'm used to them being a terrible idea for the ETL but the new cost actually makes them worth it.

@celtic_cauldron: Nice completion dude! Can't wait to see the next lot of stuff

@Gederas: get those forges stoked! What's stopping you building it, time just not lining up right?

Dragonlover

I considered Land Raiders, but not everyone has one just knocking about, y'know? Whereas pretty much all of us can knock a character together out of the bits box. That's said, if you're looking at an unpainted Land Raider, chuck it in! Rhinos are also a decent shout, I'm used to them being a terrible idea for the ETL but the new cost actually makes them worth it.

Dragonlover

You'd think that with Landraiders, but I realized this year that I'd somehow ended up with 3 in various states of assembly/priming. So I went ahead and planned how to dedicate 2 of them to the dark gods. Meanwhile, I actually had only one rhino that was in a suitable state to be pledged for the ETL:teehee:

Actually, I think Sorcerers are actually even more points efficient than Chaos Lords. The base Lord in power armor is 74, while the Sorcerer is 98 to start with. 

I think I can comfortably do characters quicker than tanks, but that's down to my painting methods. If I make it to future vows they are likely to be sorcerers, maybe chosen, maybe some raptors if I get time, but raptors are trim-tacular so I might avoid them for now, plus they will take me about a month or so just to build.

Spent five hour today painting these nine cultist. They should be finish by the weekend along with the first unit.

gallery_13342_13449_15492.jpg

Along with the first five painted last week.

gallery_13342_13449_97428.jpg

Then the 6 models left to get both squads complete so they will get painted on Saturday. I'm replace the Orlock arm's as I'm not to keen on them in the end & replace them with the autogun from the Genestealer box set. So have a hour spare tomorrow get that done & get base sorted so I can undercoat them on Friday.

gallery_13342_13449_44192.jpg

Well it took a lot longer than I had anticipated, but Vow One is finally done. I feel as though I bit off a bit more than I could chew with quantity of Zombies and Cultists and thus quality suffered some, but it's not horrible I suppose.

I'll do a more detailed post in my thread with more pictures later, but for now here's the completed Vow...

X1qsHDN.jpg

vH52W3x.jpg

8JSZhem.jpg

WkujmXA.jpg

... and I promised something larger for my second vow... Well here it is, both in size and points.

My second vow for 2018 ETL will be a Chaos Warhound Titan.

Bf2hG81.jpg

Since I showed it in my thread I've yet to touch it, so this weekend I'll begin pinning the feet and applying paint. I'm not currently near my FW book but I believe the Warhound is 1500 points. If someone could verify this for me please, otherwise I'll edit this tonight.

EDIT: I, DuskRaider, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Dark Mechanicum and the Chaos Space Marines and make my second vow to complete the unit listed below of total value 2000 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker as a mark of shame until the year-end.

1 x Chaos Warhound Titan w/ Plasma Blastgun & Vulkan Megabolter - 2000 points

Fantastic stuff, Duskraider... where did you get those zombie minis? They look really great!

Cant wait to see what you do with the titan.

Update: I'll hopefully be finishing my first 15 Plagues and Deathshroud tomorrow as well as starting on my Blight bringing Psyker, and as for revows....

*glances at slight distractions*

I have some ideas.

Archived