+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

Dammit, Dragonlovers done two vows and I am still farting about with my first. Gotta stop getting sidetracked by cute guitars and loud women (or is that the other way round... Hmmmmm).

Quick question regarding a potential unit for vow 2, what would work best with Lucius on the table, Chosen? H2H Sonics? Possessed? I want to vow a juicy melee unit alongside my fave Swordsman and wondered what would be best.

Oh and another quick question, Knight Renegades getting a re release I hear, any idea on when and price? That would make a delightfull addition to vow 3.

Quick question regarding a potential unit for vow 2, what would work best with Lucius on the table, Chosen? H2H Sonics? Possessed? I want to vow a juicy melee unit alongside my fave Swordsman and wondered what would be best.

StD, I've been suitably impressed with my bp/chainsword Noise Marines. WIth a doomsiren on the champ and an Icon, they lay out a ton of attacks. The choice between them and Chosen is just deciding if you want multiple powerweapons or special weapons. 

Instead of possessed, may I recommend spawn? They have better toughness, more wounds per point, 2 damage per attack, and will often have more attacks. 

Don't shoot the messenger! Blame Forté! He's the one who designed it! 

:D :D :D :D

This is why I love the ETL. Chaotic banter, great pictures, inspiration, chaotic esprit de corps.

And in the end: dancing.  

Well it took a lot longer than I had anticipated, but Vow One is finally done. I feel as though I bit off a bit more than I could chew with quantity of Zombies and Cultists and thus quality suffered some, but it's not horrible I suppose.

I'll do a more detailed post in my thread with more pictures later, but for now here's the completed Vow...

Hidden Content

X1qsHDN.jpg

vH52W3x.jpg

8JSZhem.jpg

WkujmXA.jpg

... and I promised something larger for my second vow... Well here it is, both in size and points.

My second vow for 2018 ETL will be a Chaos Warhound Titan.

Hidden Content

Bf2hG81.jpg

Since I showed it in my thread I've yet to touch it, so this weekend I'll begin pinning the feet and applying paint. I'm not currently near my FW book but I believe the Warhound is 1500 points. If someone could verify this for me please, otherwise I'll edit this tonight.

EDIT: I, DuskRaider, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Dark Mechanicum and the Chaos Space Marines and make my second vow to complete the unit listed below of total value 2000 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker as a mark of shame until the year-end.

1 x Chaos Warhound Titan w/ Plasma Blastgun & Vulkan Megabolter - 2000 points

A CHAOS WARHOUND? :woot: About time! Congratulations on your completion man, those hordes look awesome! And good luck with that Warhound - Chaos is really upping the stakes! 

Don't shoot the messenger! Blame Forté! He's the one who designed it! 

:biggrin.::biggrin.::biggrin.::biggrin.:

This is why I love the ETL. Chaotic banter, great pictures, inspiration, chaotic esprit de corps.

And in the end: dancing.  

Dancing? 

go-ahead-make-my-day-quote-1.jpg

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

So here's the first of my finished (?) Obliterators. I've been contemplating giving the flesh a Kislev Flesh drybrush or something but I'm a little worried that'll end up too bright.

gallery_82168_14652_224492.png

The others are all to the point of essentially only having their fine details (i.e. golds, cables and such) left to go.

I, Dragonlover, rise to the challenge of the ETL for a third time on the side of the Chaos Space Marines. I vow to paint the following:

1x Chaos Lord with power mace and combi flamer

1x Chaos Sorcerer with force axe

1x Contemptor Dreadnought with two butcher cannons and a havoc launcher

3x Rhinos

3x 6 man Chosen squad with 1 power fist, 2 combi plasma, 3 combi melta and an Icon of Excess.

For a total of 1194 points.

This task will be completed before August 1st in the name of Lord Perturabo. Iron Within, Iron Without!

gallery_69371_14676_53230.jpeg

Dragonlover

Already have one lined up. I'm just investigating how well Noise Marine parts mesh with Mk III plastics to see whether I can commit those now or if if I'll have to delay that project to a later vow.

Has anyone else had issues in the past with the Noise Marine weapon arms not lining up at all well with their Marines' shoulders? I've tried both an Mk III and 40k Marine torso and in both cases the weapon seems raised at too extreme an angle and the left shoulder set a fair bit further back from where it's supposed to be as a result. It certainly didn't look at all good.

I'm going to prime my DP and Drake today, and I need yo make it out to the LGS to grab some Warpstone Glow. Mine is dried up.

Or not. Florida weather is a :cuss.
It's better than Rhode Island's. I lived in Florida. It was either "hot and dry", "hot and humid" or "hurricane". Here it's "what's it doing now? Okay, check again in 20 minutes" :lol:

Vow 3 COMPLETE!!!!

med_gallery_39897_14558_951243.jpg

med_gallery_39897_14558_911173.jpg

med_gallery_39897_14558_1071634.jpg

med_gallery_39897_14558_198004.jpg

I'll be taking a brief break from the ETL as I need to whet my palate with something else before I get burned out on this scheme, also need to source another bottle of AP Zombie Shader as I'm nearly out :lol:

But I will return with fourth & fifth vows soon enough :devil:

Excellent stuff Razblood! We eagerly await your return once you've cleansed your palate.

Things I learned today: freehand Iron Warriors logos are kinda tricky, but in general Iron Warriors are super quick to paint.

Now remember folks, this is traditionally the lull month when folks get complacent. Stay on top of things and keep the pace up, it'll probably give us the edge we need to accelerate comfortably into first! If you feel yourself flagging, tell us! We'll pep you up in no time!

Dragonlover

Archived