+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

A bit earlier than usual - I will not have the time to update later today...

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Awesome progress Team Chaos! Very inspirational stuff, some cool conversions and very nice paint work all around.

After spending my available hobby time building (and gap filling) bloodletters, I'm ready to do more painting so here we go.

I, Sgt. Blank, rise again to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of Chaos and vow to complete 1 Renegade Knight with reaper chainsword, avenger gatling cannon, heavy flamer and heavy stubber for a total value of 466 points on or before August 1, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until year-end.

Here's the before picture. I expect it will eb a bit taller when finished.

tglNydO.jpg?4

As an aside, is there anything wrong with the avenger cannon, I don't see too many models with them. It looks to me to be a pretty good option on paper.

I understood the Avenger to be very solid indeed. I'm certainly planning on giving my Knight one when I get to it.

Thanks for the feedback - I assume it's rare since there's only one per kit in what used to be the more expensive kit. Some math suggests it may be more efficient against all toughness vales (on average) than the battle cannon. 

The difficult/cost-inefficient part of that is actually acquiring two Avengers...

---

I've got my Daemonettes, Daemon Prince and Sorcerer all undercoated today and most likely will look to get some of the base coats down before they day's out. I'm not yet feeling brave enough to start basecoating the Heldrake's sub-assemblies but I'll get there eventually.

Hm... missed the update for the week, but no matter... VOW COMPLETE

This was a fun one. I tried some new paint schemes, built some new units, did some kitbashing and magnetizing, tried a new basing scheme... quite a satisfying vow this year. Here are my results, fellow Chaos servants:

Cult-slaves of the Omniscient Cog-Maw

Cultists with autoguns, 40 points

7oeQlYol.jpg?1

Forge-thralls of the Omniscient Cog-Maw

Cultists with autoguns, 40 points

VTP5JLgl.jpg?1

The Hosts of Technoblight

Obliterators, 195 points

FtRa4QAl.jpg?1

Thrice-Maw, Prophet of Hellfire

Forgefiend with three Ectoplasma cannons, 197 points

3lFsyTZl.jpg?2

Hard to see in all but the Forgefiend picture, but there's a touch of still water effects for some muddy puddles on many of the bases, and man oh man am I loving that stuff. So many uses! Super happy with my swamp bases. And extra happy with my champagne cork tree stump - not only for how well it turned out, but how it perfectly functions as a place for Thrice-Maw to rest his fist when he runs as a Mauler: 

Hidden Content
GV5IFUcl.jpg?1

Anyway... I might partake in a second vow in the next day or two. Might. I've got a half-dozen HQ units ready for paint, as well as a Predator, buuuuuuut... Eh, I don't know. I literally started a new job this week, so this may be a one-vow only year for me. I'll mull it over for the next day or two and figure out my plans. In the meantime, obligatory group shot:

lNtweDil.jpg?1

Happy painting, all, and may the Dark Gods be with you. 

Amazing stuff! Not sure how we're doing on points but the quality for many participants is top notch

Just remember, you can take two Avengers as a Chaos Knight :wink:

The difficult/cost-inefficient part of that is actually acquiring two Avengers...

Agreed. I'm hopeful the infusion of new kits will drive down the prices. I'm using a Hades Autocannon from the forgefiend to get a look that's resonant with the rest of the model and I've got a spare set of barrels that I need another arm for.

THIRD BLACK CRUSADE UPDATE

LY0fI7r.jpg

It seems we are winning ground and have now equaled the participation levels of previous Black Crusades - but not in terms of points vowed!

As such, we need more participants AND higher Soul Vows!!

Our Forum suffers from lower than average vows - while we also have less participants than our only real rival: the Space Marines Forum.

As such, we can only win by completion rates. And June is a CRUCIAL month for that.

So...

Join the Black Crusade and make your Soul Vow

Get painting

Complete your vow

Revow

And repeat!!!

gallery_29004_9703_78134.png

tenor.gif

So a quick update my first vow should be complete tomorrow at some point, then it'll be on too vow 2!

I'm hoping the following vows will be a lot faster in getting completed  as I'll be in a lot more familiar territory with my Black Legion and maybe some World Eaters.

The renegade box set arrived a few days ago so at least one of them should make an appearance before the August deadline. I was also wondering if anyone would have any suggestions for a brazier? 

Didn't we agree on mine to be 5x?

Sadly, what we agreed on doesn't matter so long as you don't alter your vow...

And to all other Black Crusaders: altering your vow can only happen to increase the multiplier. ;)

Fixed

So a quick update my first vow should be complete tomorrow at some point, then it'll be on too vow 2!

I'm hoping the following vows will be a lot faster in getting completed as I'll be in a lot more familiar territory with my Black Legion and maybe some World Eaters.

The renegade box set arrived a few days ago so at least one of them should make an appearance before the August deadline. I was also wondering if anyone would have any suggestions for a brazier?

There's a good one that comes as part of the skaven screaming bell, if you're looking for bits.

Well I finished my distraction (pics to be added to my WIP log at some point today)and am currently preparing (basing & priming by hand) my 4th vow.

Basing is done, priming to come. I should have the vow up by Sunday at the latest.

Archived