+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

After a belated birthday celebration at my friends (at one point even Slaanesh turned away in disgust, the dancing was too much) :tu: and 2 days to recover I can crack on with vow 2.

It's great seeing everyone's progress!

My 2nd vow is coming along. I've almost finished Daemon Prince Azrath. Here are some photos:

Hidden Content

A closeup...

42843443501_5db6274359_b.jpg

And a shot of Azrath with Bella

42846766961_3f9f7f1247_b.jpg

Ahh, the great ETL tradition of vows with pets - I thought it had died out, but thankfully it's still here. :D

Ok so, vow 1 done! Land-raider completely finished.

Hidden Content

pHXz2qG.jpg

LDtNvtl.jpg

XY5mWkB.jpg

Vow 2:

I Eldrick Shadowblade, Chronicler of Lord Kraven's Book of Unholy Deeds, Vow to complete the following units by August 1st 2018. Failure will lead to spawndom or worse...

8 Nurgling Bases for 144pts

3 Plague Drones (1 demonic instrument, 1 icon of chaos) 102pts

for a grand total of 246 points. Here are the before pics: (Sorry for image intensive post!)

cGOvgfa.jpg

UvdAkr5.jpg

pHj8LN6.jpg

EERxazN.jpg

1HLlRtI.jpg

lNcOWGk.jpg

ccAIWqA.jpg

P9jFKku.jpg

9BAIbsT.jpg

These bases are something - ONLY THE BEST FOR ETL! :lol:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Right, time for my second vow:

I, Freakshow668, rise again to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of Chaos and vow to complete:

1 Chaos Lord with a power sword and bolt pistol.

1 Warpsmith.

5 Chosen, Champion with power fist, 2 with power axes, 1 with power sword, 1 with chainsword, all with bolters and an icon.

3 bikers, champion with a power maul, 1 with chainsword and plasma gun, 1 with chainsword and icon.

10 Noise Marines, Champion with doom siren and power sword, 2 with blastmasters, 5 with sonic blasters.

13 cultists, Champion with shotgun, 1 with heavy stubber.

for a total value of 580 points on or before August 1, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until year-end.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/237413-20180618-181520/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/237411-20180618-181723/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/237412-20180618-181714/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/237414-20180618-181515/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/237415-20180618-181508/

I'm still going, nearing completion on the body of this tank, I still have a few bits that need finishing on it, and I could do with a little advice on some of my OSL, I will post extra photos in the plog, so see if anyone can help, although I suspect that it looks worse in the photos because of the aggressive flash.

gallery_62155_11151_1375629.jpg

Ps. Open to suggestions for the chapter of the space marine trophy.

It's that time again, kids! Weekly update time!

Phew... I've gotten a lot of work done on this monstrosity. I'll do a more thorough write up on my progress on my thread, but for now here's some pics.

4ZPSkSW.jpg

MiiHO81.jpg

yATpBpz.jpg

RxQJdSj.jpg

FihzWrj.jpg

0kRDtGY.jpg

m9A3JLv.jpg

Almost done with sorcerer, just need to finish cape, transfers, and base

ETL2018 progrep 1

Pondering a metallic scheme for my pledged exalted sorcerers to denote a higher rank in the warband than the turquoise I've used so far for rubrics and (aspiring) sorcerers. I tried a few samples- leaning towards the lower left scheme

ETL2018 progrep 2

Might also add a gloss varnish to get something similar to scarab occult I painted but not as dark.

Tasar Final Front

ScarabOccult 1

But I'm also wondering if I start losing coherence with too many variations in the army, and maybe better to stick with turquoise for everyone but the terminators. Suggestions and advice welcome.

@ MaliGn: Good progress. What about the OSL? Do you mean the yellow headlights or the blue glow coming from the engines? :)

@ DuskRaider: That's an enormous amount of work done on the Warhound already, buddy! Great work!

@ Galloway: Cool update, I think that Terminator Lord conversion is ace! They deserve to be viewed in full, and licking each one is a bit of a drag, so why not post them in the large format? 

@ MaliGn: Good progress. What about the OSL? Do you mean the yellow headlights or the blue glow coming from the engines? :)

The engine glow, I'm thinking that the headlights will end up looking a lot more like eyes by the time I'm done with them, not sure if there will be a glow effect there at all...

@Augustus- Thanks greatly, but not sure what you mean about posting in large format. I've been uploading to my gallery here and then linking using the "My Media" tool- can try something different if you think it would help.

With the weekly update made in the ETL, it is also time for the weekly Black Crusade Update:

Fifteen frater have joined the fold so far. Remember, it is never too late to

VOW YOUR SOUL TO CHAOS

c6l9cGd.jpg

@ Galloway: the B&C gallery is a great and free way to store pictures, but it also sets your pictures to show as 'small' be default, resulting in your audience having to squint or press the image to look at details. If you go to the picture you wish to post in your gallery and press 'options' to the upper right of the screen, then press 'see all sizes', you can then select the picture to be shown in 'large' format. Then select that image's URL, and post it in the comment. I myself just use Imgur, which besides being free is also easier to use as you can just rightclick your image, press 'copy image' and then paste right in your comment. PM me if you need any help, I'm happy to assist. :) :tu:

Just show before photo of the third unit of Cultist, which will be painted tomorrow.

gallery_13342_13449_154206.jpg

The standard bearer part of this unit & just got one more model to build for the unit.

gallery_13342_13449_37037.jpg

Parts for Obliterators have been order & should have them ready for the weekend start building :D

My progress to report is that I've nearly finished the initial weathering on the three Dreadclaws and Kharybdis, so they'll hopefully be finished soon! I think I'll then start working on some infantry, but I do still need to build those.

Great to see more progress being made across the board!

@Semper, just noticed my second vow is not listed on the first page. My revow was edited in to my Vow 1 completion post.

+++EDIT+++

Just ran out of Possessed heads so I have had to use arms from the Fantasy 'Possessed' kit (Forsaken?) the results are interesting. Might see what results I roll up from the RoC books for the last few.

Sorry, from your picture I can't really tell how feasible removing the head is, but I would none the less recommend you use a jeweler's saw, an example of which is shown in this picture:

0Wn0gTA.jpg

Jeweller's saws are the best method I've come accross of removing parts of a model while minimizing damage to the part or the model.

Update: Chosen and Rhinos are done, just washed the Contemptor with Nuln Oil. After that's finished I only need to do the two characters and that'll be Vow 3 in the bag.

Dragonlover

I finished one of my 2nd vow units: Azrath, Daemon Prince of Khorne

42211563124_206fb40729_b.jpg

Closeup of Azrath's face

29057219588_20ab4673d9_b.jpg

42930312011_c0dc5b6ee5_b.jpg

42880879712_270773df4f_b.jpg

Now I need to get cracking on my 2 remaining models in my 2nd vow, a pair of Khorne Blood Slaughterers. Here's an image of one of them, 888.

41119579320_b392411770_b.jpg

Continue all the great progress everyone!

My 2nd vow primed. I also have old jump pack chaos lord, the one with FB vampire-like head. I would greatly appriciate any tips on how to remove his head without damaging the rest of his body.

Jewellers saw as Dr. R suggested or razor saw to remove the head, particularly if you intend to save it for a later project. Be patient and let the saw teeth do the work rather than trying to muscle it to remove a minimal amount of material while cutting. Cutting inside the collar would be the toughest part and I'd suggest a sharp utility knife for that or working on the neck of the new head. Pewter is prone to bending and resin is brittle and may snap, so being patient will help with either material.

Archived