+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

Status Update on my 1400 pt Night Lords Vow/Army:

Like others have expressed, real life has gotten in the way for these first 7 weeks. But some progress was made. I’ve completed the 20 CSM and have my 7 Havocs primed, based, shaded, and highlighted. They just need the bronze trim, flayed skin, skulls, weapons, etc. which I’m settling in to do tonight. That’ll be 27/39 power armored guys, leaving just 10 raptors, a rhino, predator, lord, and sorcerer.

I’m starting to see the light at the end of the vow but am slightly nervous about painting the tanks as I’ve never done one before. Any advice on how to’s or the approximate time it takes to complete a rhino?

Also, I agree with the batch painting. I stick to 5 marines at a time generally but for the 7 man havoc unit I’m doing them all together.

My vow 2 is mostly there. Got the landraider and chaos Lord finished. The sorcerer is nearly done, needs an arm repaired before I can finish. I've then go the rhino to do, just waiting for a day I can prime. On day 3 of storms and high humidity.

Though that has let me get some prepping for vow 3, and the 6 units in that vow.

@Copycat Copycat: Rhinos are dead quick, especially if you're spraying the main colour onto them. I did three in a few hours the other day because I only had to paint the doors, gun and insets by hand. Oh, and the tracks.

Dragonlover

Rhinos are dead quick, especially if you're spraying the main colour onto them. I did three in a few hours the other day because I only had to paint the doors, gun and insets by hand. Oh, and the tracks.

Dragonlover

I have Subtle Discord's trim on it, so it'll be a tad longer. But yeah, was definitely impressed by how quickly the landraider went, so I don't think it will be too hard, just need it primed.

NO EXCUSES, FINISH YOUR VOWS. Don't make me destroy all of you.

Come at me brah, Ill suck your nose off!!!!
That's it, you've lost your soul privileges. You'll get it back at the end of the event. Maybe.

That my third unit of 10 Cultist complete. The last model got built yesterday & painted today. Pretty much had to search all bitz boxes & use what ever I could find from past FW Renegade model I bought when I use the backpack for my Chaos Guards to what ever genestealer cult arms had left over. Then though be nice add the trophy from the FW World Eater Lord.

gallery_13342_13449_138280.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_6710.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_115269.jpg

Here all three squads together.

gallery_13342_13449_91735.jpg

Just a squad of Obliterators left now, got most part set aside so I can start building the unit tomorrow.

Ladies and gents, I hereby declare Vow 3 complete!

gallery_69371_14676_27501.jpeg

There will of course be a fourth, but I'm not sure what yet. It's highly dependent on UPS doing their job and actually delivering our GW order that we're waiting on at work, as opposed to forgetting to load it onto the bloody van. Then I'll have a copy of Renegade and everything will be fine.

Dragonlover

Awesome completions and progress - impressive force Dragonlover, nice sorceror Dawnstar and brutal looking cultists IP.

I'm making solid progress on my second vow (Renegade Knight - lucky timing), the legs are nearly done despite losing near!y a week to travel.

@Azekai Thanks! They are pretty simple to make and paint. I'll do up a tutorial on my thread when i get some spare time!

@Dragonlover Nice Completion Man! Looking Good!

@Insane Psychopath Killer renegades! I like the Necromunda Ganger up front, too!

Keep up the hard work! Lots of great Stuff in this thread!

@Semper, just noticed my second vow is not listed on the first page. My revow was edited in to my Vow 1 completion post.

+++EDIT+++

Just ran out of Possessed heads so I have had to use arms from the Fantasy 'Possessed' kit (Forsaken?) the results are interesting. Might see what results I roll up from the RoC books for the last few.

Yeap, sorry about that - it must be OK now. :)

I wouldn't normally double post, but the fact we now have our own Armigers and Dominus-class Knights seems potentially relevant...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/22/22nd-june-you-asked-for-chaos-knights-you-got-emgw-homepage-post-1/

Dragonlover

Indeed! Chaos now has access to the Renegade Knights rules - so feel free to use them.

That my third unit of 10 Cultist complete. The last model got built yesterday & painted today. Pretty much had to search all bitz boxes & use what ever I could find from past FW Renegade model I bought when I use the backpack for my Chaos Guards to what ever genestealer cult arms had left over. Then though be nice add the trophy from the FW World Eater Lord.

Hidden Content

gallery_13342_13449_138280.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_6710.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_115269.jpg

Here all three squads together.

gallery_13342_13449_91735.jpg

Just a squad of Obliterators left now, got most part set aside so I can start building the unit tomorrow.

Inspiring stuff man! :tu: the combination of quality, quantity and speed of your work is unmatched! Keep amazing us IP!

Ladies and gents, I hereby declare Vow 3 complete!

Hidden Content

gallery_69371_14676_27501.jpeg

There will of course be a fourth, but I'm not sure what yet. It's highly dependent on UPS doing their job and actually delivering our GW order that we're waiting on at work, as opposed to forgetting to load it onto the bloody van. Then I'll have a copy of Renegade and everything will be fine.

Dragonlover

Congrats Dragonlover, Look fwd for the 4th!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Well done all, slowly plugging away here...first sorcerer of my vow is done...here in bigger version per Augustus's suggestion

gallery_68171_12457_530607.jpg

gallery_68171_12457_450142.jpg

If pics are too big please let me know and I'm happy to update with smaller size. I've also updated my WIP plog with some larger and better pictures of my other units including my praetor kitbash.

Next up is the exalted sorcerers on disks- bases are done, models are primed and basecoats begun. Hopefully something to show soon.

Cheers guys!

Galloway, your pics are fine size wise. Sorcerer looks cool too!

So I went through what I think of as my "spares case" and there's bang on 1100 points of stuff in there that's easily put into squads. If I find out my knights aren't showing up until the end of the week, I'll vow the infantry.

Dragonlover

Work started on the Obliterators. Just waiting on a few part arrive in the post & get the third member of the squad built. As well as green stuff Obliterators Virus/flesh & the base. This unit will get painted on Wednesday :D

gallery_13342_13449_4145.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_153714.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_53373.jpg

Archived