+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

Thanks. I will vow a squad of raptors or warp talons once I'll get paints. All three stores with GW paints in my town have no Kantor Blue :biggrin.:

If any shops near you sell Tamiya paints, their Flat Blue is is pretty much identical in colour, if a bit harder to work with (its harder to maintain an even paint consistency - it tends to be too watery at the beginning of a pot and too thick at the end).

I have a sisters army done up in flat blue, and I certainly couldn`t tell by looking at them that they aren`t in kantor (click the 2nd link in signature for pictures)

Not so much this week - just 2 bikes.  That said, there were 3 I wasn`t happy with how I had them posed, so I cut the parts of them that I wasn`t happy with up and glued them back together in better poses, so I still feel like I`ve made progress.

aZLJljT.jpg

Progress update. I'm calling the chassis finished for now, I will and more iconography, text etc after I've got the sponsons on. I will also finish the tracks last, I will possibly experiment with using some of the gw texture paints and typhus corrosion.

More pics in the log.

gallery_62155_11151_524730.jpg

Thanks, Dawnstar, glad you like them.  This is the second unit I`ve done like this, and I too think the wings really work for emperor`s children, and the chaos shields prevent the bike from appearing like the ravenwing bike that the model is for (they are the bikes out of the Dark Vengeance box.

Good to see your vow, Deadman.  You manage to pick up some blue?

Quick update:

The marine squad and the Vindicator are about 80-90% done just got to finish up the details and the choosen have had their armour finished. Quick questions, does anyone have any good tricks for doing a larger chaos star on the vindicators shield? I can manage with the small ones but at a larger scale it just doesn't look right. 

Must...

Finish....

Vow....

Work... 

So incredibly....

Busy.....

Just four Death Guard terminators to go and I just cannot find the time to paint. I was away on vacation last week. I came back at 8Pm on Sunday and immediately had a 1 hour phone call with my boss to catch me up. Work has been absolutely crazy these last two days. AAAAAAAH

I have a whole day off on Friday. FRIDAY WILL BE THE DAY WHEN CHAOS GETS 2000+ points and a hefty revow!!!

Hidden Content

My 2nd vow primed. I also have old jump pack chaos lord, the one with FB vampire-like head. I would greatly appriciate any tips on how to remove his head without damaging the rest of his body.

Hidden Content

ZgNzM8B51n0.jpg

With that picture, taken against the light, I cannot see any detail whatsoever. If you want detailed advice, I'd ask a better picture - preferably an in-focus close-up with proper lighting. 

That being said, if you don't mind destroying the face, I'd advice a dremel tool. :smile.:

Of course this picture is low quality and English isn't my first language, but I thought it's clear that there's no "old jump pack chaos lord" on this picture:biggrin.:

Your English is perfect. If the Chaos Lord isn't in the picture, please post a clear pic so we can give you the advice you requested :)

OK, progress is going well, but you need to keep it up! The loyalist marines are on fire this year!

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Right then, that's my first vow complete, not a masterpiece, but as my first painting for a few months, I'm fairly happy with it:

gallery_71441_9972_19761.jpg

med_gallery_71441_9972_9295.jpg

Time to be slightly more ambitious for my second vow:

I, Pearson73, rise again to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete:

> Chaos Sorceror on bike with force sword - 140pts.

>Five chaos bikers, with two melta guns and a power axe - 164pts.

>Five chaos bikers, with two plasma guns and a power sword - 155pts.

>Four chaos bikers, with two plasma guns and a power axe -131pts.

gallery_71441_9972_24483.jpg

For a total value of 590 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker as a mark of shame until the year-end.

Quick update:

The marine squad and the Vindicator are about 80-90% done just got to finish up the details and the choosen have had their armour finished. Quick questions, does anyone have any good tricks for doing a larger chaos star on the vindicators shield? I can manage with the small ones but at a larger scale it just doesn't look right.

Here you go: http://davetaylorminiatures.blogspot.com/2010/01/mark-of-dark-gods-bonus-post.html?m=1

Okay guys. The forecast is good enough for priming and things are calming down at home a bit. I do have to travel for work for a week next month, but I'm going to do my level best to knock out the rest of my vow before that trip.

Weekly update:

The Warhound's weapons are just about complete. The only thing left is the Plasma coils and adding a drop of Blood for the Blood God to the gun lenses. After this, it's the lower torso and then it's complete!

DfC5PxU.jpg

riRfsTn.jpg

d5WC0EL.jpg

TPrPXAJ.jpg

Okay guys. The forecast is good enough for priming and things are calming down at home a bit. I do have to travel for work for a week next month, but I'm going to do my level best to knock out the rest of my vow before that trip.

Never mind the priming. :cuss ing rain.

Quick update:

Here you go: http://davetaylorminiatures.blogspot.com/2010/01/mark-of-dark-gods-bonus-post.html?m=1

Thanks this is perfect!

Right then, that's my first vow complete, not a masterpiece, but as my first painting for a few months, I'm fairly happy with it:

gallery_71441_9972_19761.jpg

med_gallery_71441_9972_9295.jpg

Hey, love that purple scheme- reminds me of gen 2 Megatron (sans bright orange pump, hah!):

G2_CombatHero_Megatron_toy.jpg

Archived