+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

This damned heat is killing me, I can't keep the paint on the model because my hands are so sweaty that as I hold it the paint is vanishing.

Good to know it's not just me who's having the issues with the heat.

I had issues with my spray primer here during the heatwave also. Right away I noticed it clumping a bit, so I got closer and did shorter sprays. While not perfect, I found that a light rub after drying with a paper towel and two thin base coats concealed the problem nicely.

Stay hydrated!

I was painting the sponsons as sub-assemblies and found I was losing paint from the hard corners all the time. So I bit the bullet and just glued them to the tank for finishing, this way I can hold the unfinished tracks while I paint them.

gallery_62155_11151_6612.jpg

All I hear is excuses! We should think in solutions. SOLUTIONS FOR CHAOS!!

Hands sweaty? Stick your miniature on a piece of cork or use the CItadel Buttplug.
Having humidity issues with the primer spray? Follow Copycat's advice, above.

PAINT FOR THE PAINT GOD!! FOR CHAOS!

Love that Icon, where is it from ? 

Icon from the Age of Sigmar Wrathmonger box set

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Khorne-Bloodbound-Skullreapers

Ork skull from the 340 skull box set.  Just with the narrative & theme of the event I'm going to in September.

At this campaign players will be thrust into the Dark Zones. The Dark Zones are deep in Invader territory, the fringe areas of the system captured by xenos and renegades in the early stages of the campaign. You might battle through Tyranid infested cities, take on your enemies in eldritch ruins, fight through the influences of strange temples and more. This means each table you play on will have its own theme and narrative, creating an exciting layer to your games!

The Dark Zones play an important part in the theme of the weekend, therefore we encourage all players to embrace this. Feel free to bring along some suitable models outside of your usual faction to represent the Dark Zones’ inhabitants. These will have uses throughout the weekend—but we aren’t revealing all just yet! 

Converted Khorne Bloodbound miniatures to represent Khorne Berzerkers from Goralchis, three years into their war with the Orks. Without reinforcement or resupply, they’ve long since used all ammunition, their armour is in disrepair and their weapons crude and rusted. They now stalk the battlefield like warriors of old

All I hear is excuses! We should think in solutions. SOLUTIONS FOR CHAOS!!

Hands sweaty? Stick your miniature on a piece of cork or use the CItadel Buttplug.

Having humidity issues with the primer spray? Follow Copycat's advice, above.

PAINT FOR THE PAINT GOD!! FOR CHAOS!

Citadel Buttplug, perfect for all your Guilliman painting needs...

VOW 5!!!!!

I, Razblood hereby vow to complete the following on behalf of the Chaos Space Marine forum, the Death Guard Legion and Chaos in general by the day of August 1st 2018, should I fail to do so I will suffer punishments the likes of which you could not even conceive of.

My vow is as follows for a total of 286pts -

Malignant Plaguecaster: 110pts

11x Poxwalkers: 66pts

5x Possessed: 110pts

med_gallery_39897_14558_755616.jpg

It's a smaller vow overall, however I am starting a new job this month and will have a lot less time on my hands as a result.

ONWARD TO VICTORY!!!!!!

I really don't get all this new system and its scores. It seems to me that with the highest completion rate by far among the outposts that are any threat (The Space Marines, Blood Angels, and maybe the IFOR if you take all of them together), and with almost a 6000 point lead, we're not only in the lead, we're the undisputed best by a long shot. How is Semper so conservative?

On a forum by forum basis yes, but by faction chaos lags behind adeptus astartes. I think this is the key this year while as a faction the aa may win it will be a pyrrhic victory as the forum winners will again be the csm. (provided we can maintain our lead)

-laughs- You laudable lot did a fantastic job, so kudos to you all giving the 42nd millennium a thrashing.  Though, you count out the rebels that lit the flame of rebellion?  How easy it is to forget.  

Semper's numbers are right for the AoD but the summery numbers are copy paste errors from last week prior to a 5K build (the AA's 10,353 isn't far ahead of the AoD's 9,278.  A few of us are hoping to crack that pretty quick this week.)  But the AA are a bloody juggernaut with some enormous participation and resource numbers. 

Seriously you lot, at least I've been watching from the sidelines and you did fantastic.  Keep it up!  

On a forum by forum basis yes, but by faction chaos lags behind adeptus astartes. I think this is the key this year while as a faction the aa may win it will be a pyrrhic victory as the forum winners will again be the csm. (provided we can maintain our lead)

Ugh. I am doing my best in the R&H subforum... I don’t regret choosing that faction, but l wish it was a little more active. This thread has been absolutely wild, though. Go Chaos Space Marines! Carry your weak and capricious brethren to victory.

I'm tempted to vow one more time, but with less than a month left and a record heat wave here I don't even think I can prime a model.

Prime by hand perhaps, that's what I do.

I'm tempted to vow one more time, but with less than a month left and a record heat wave here I don't even think I can prime a model.

Why not attempt to prime it. If it succeeds, take a picture and vow it. If not, don't. :tu:

Third vow time.

I, Freakshow668, rise again to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of Chaos and vow to complete:

1 Chaos Lord, MOS, powerfist and combi-flamer.

1 Landraider, havoc launcher and combi-bolter.

5 chaos spawn.

... for a total value of 631 points on or before August 1, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until year-end.

S2g7aHX.jpg

Archived