+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

Crimeny I didn't even get anything done today... buckling down tomorrow and Thursday

(Admittedly this is my fault. Buuut I have 15 Plague MArines and two vehicles to do, I can do that in 2 weeks. I've done worse)

Heldrake's base has its layer of texture paint so I'm going to be waiting until after the football this evening to finish that off. In the meantime I'm going to be looking to get my Noise Marines built and perhaps even undercoated so that I can vow them up and immediately get to work after the Heldrake, and with it my current vow, is complete. I'm also booked in to have a session with one of the blokes at my GW on Friday to get some help and advice converting up my Renegade Knight, so if I'm lucky I might even be in a position to have that fully built by the end of the weekend.

Good to see there's still progress happening! I'm still waiting for my predator kits to show up, hopefully this week. Then I can spend Saturday building them, collect the Lord Sunday and build it Sunday night. Then I can vow the lot.

Dragonlover

Spend tomorrow painting some more Berzerker, but here how the first one looking & also to show this model (he was built after the last post)

gallery_13342_13449_17753.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_57942.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_57957.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_11905.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_8845.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_58011.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_30375.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_128692.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_11968.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_42432.jpg

I'm just waiting on the new terrain get release to make the base for this unit.

med_gallery_13342_13449_78152.jpg

And a solo shot of the melee one:

gallery_69371_14731_60119.jpeg

This is absolutely one of my favourite conversions for the head and gauntlet! It screams Dark Mech to me in the best possible way - something I might channel if I ever do a proper renegade Knight list...

Update on my progress: I've done the trim on nearly all the Plague Marines, as well as on Mortarion, who has had his wings started too... I'll start to block more colours tomorrow!

Spend tomorrow painting some more Berzerker, but here how the first one looking & also to show this model (he was built after the last post)

(...)

gallery_13342_13449_8845.jpg

(...)

Hello IP, where did you get those "Predator-tusks" from? (brilliant work as always by the way :thumbsup: )

There from the Age of Sigmar Ironjaws range

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Ironjawz-Orruk-Brutes

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Ironjawz-Orruk-Gore-Gruntas

Later on, same on my Iron Warriors models. I also use the once from the Lizermen Temple guard kit & the once from one of the Khorne hero in the last Age of Sigmar box game. Something I've always wanted to convert onto my models & these kits have really help out.

Just wondering: I have ten Noise Marines ready to go right now (and could probably scrounge up an Exalted Champion in a pinch)and had planned to vow them with my Knight, but seeing as the Knight probably won't be ready for painting until at least the weekend is there any downside to just vowing the Marines now and making the Knight a separate vow once they're all sorted?

Vow #3

I, Commander Dawnstar, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux and make my third vow to complete the units listed below of total value 316 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker as a mark of shame until the year-end.

Exalted Champion w/Power Axe and Combi-Melta - 94 points

10 Noise Marines w/8 Sonic Blasters and 2 Blastmasters - 222 points

med_gallery_82168_14652_59848.png

Augustus, that is one impressive Land Raider. I especially like the subtle purples on the lascannon.

I had hoped to finish my second vow, with 2 Blood Slaughterers remaining, last week, but did not. Hopefully I'll finish it up this week. 

Here is a WIP shot of my 2 Blood Slaughterers and Bella. Bella is not amused.

43348829441_90c276be73_b.jpg

And here is a shot from a recent game where I used the Blood Slaughterers for the first time. They didn't kill anything, but they performed admirably by tanking a lot of shots and weakening a bunch of Carnifexes. Thus they paved the way for my DP and Zerkers. I lost the game against Nids but it was a fun, close fight.

43141677661_c8e3d2b791_b.jpg

Keep up the steady progress everyone!

Spartan done last night, but with some gaps and breakages from trying to adjust things... and the sponsons won't move left and right. That's fine with me, at this point I need to get it DONE. So, the next step is to break out the Green Stuff.

Archived