+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

Frater, I humbly present my completed vow: Infernal Truth - Carrion-pattern Helforged predator tank of the Word Bearers.

gallery_62155_11151_241150.jpg

Ps. I will be taking and uploading more and better photographs to my plog in due course.

PPS. These photos have now been added to the log, and are also available in the Hall of Honour here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/348911-word-bearers-predator/

Well I regret to say that I won't be able to finish my vow. Have about 16 or 17 done, and just got handed orders to attend a training class for my job. So I won't be able to finish the last 4 or 5 models. I am sorry everyone.

Malign, that tank is gorgeous!

Gederas, keep on trucking! You can do this!

Dawnstar, those are cracking! More understated than you expect but it still works.

Jarl Caldersson, that sucks mightily. Still, real life's gonna real life, and there's always next year.

As for me, I've got the pred kits washed and mostly prepped, so should be good to build them tonight.

Dragonlover

I'm starting to have model fatigue with these cultists. I've only started to add base paints to them, and I'm already getting sick of them. This is not good

Yeah, I painted 10 at the start of the ETL and they killed my enthusiasm for a month and a half.

And with the Exalted Champion taken care of that's Vow #3 Complete.

gallery_82168_14652_256131.png

(I have since taken care of that mark on the end of the Champion's knife. All too often I don't notice things like that until after I've uploaded the pictures.)

The core build of my Knight is about 90% complete, so I'll probably be vowing that up tomorrow unless I'm unless I feel it needs more Chaos-y additions. I'm planning to keep it pretty clean anyway so I wouldn't expect that to be a problem.

This has been a crazy-productive week by my standards. I've turned in just under 1,000 points (admittedly most of which just barely missed last week), and while things have still been a bit up-and-down at times, I'm honestly feeling really good about how things have been coming together compared to the absolute slog that was painting and basing 30 Cultists in Month One and the veritable möbius strip that was the Heldrake's trim in Month Two. I guess this month's vows have been something of a reward for soldiering on through those joyless tasks.

I've even got a Maulerfiend lying around for the verging-on-hubris fifth vow in the event that I get the Knight done in a little over a week.

Tremendous progress guys - especially in your second or subsequent vows! :tu:

We've slipped to second guys! All you folks with outstanding first vows, where you at!? Your forum needs you!

Dragonlover

Dude, we're by far the strongest outpost. I don't get this system at all.

You are indeed a strong outpost - but the strongest will only be determined at the end of the event, which is highly reliant on completion rates! I will be more than happy to go with you through all the mechanics - PM me if you want and we can discuss. Frankly the basic mechanics of the ETL have not changed since the last time, but I will be more than happy to discuss and explain. :)

The system isn't just asking who can complete the most points but which board as a whole can most effectively meet its commitments.

Which is good, because otherwise none of the smaller factions would have any chance at all. Higher participation within a given faction brings with it the risk of lower completion.

Exactly! :tu:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Right, time for vow number three!

I, Pearson73, rise again to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete:

>Chaos Sorceror with force axe and combi-melta. - 119pts

>Chaos Sorceror with jump pack, combi-melta and force axe. - 141pts.

>Chaos Lord in Terminator armour with dual lightning claws. - 117pts.

>Ten Daemonettes of Slaanesh with icon and instrument. - 95pts.

med_gallery_71441_9972_23153.jpg

med_gallery_71441_9972_20617.jpg

med_gallery_71441_9972_28203.jpg

med_gallery_71441_9972_18613.jpg

For a total value of 472 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker as a mark of shame until the year-end.

@DuskRaider - The Armiger is excellently done, particularly that rust.

@Commander Dawnstar - Cracking completion brother!

Inevitably the weather's turned today and thus I haven't actually been able to get the undercoats down, but I thought that I might as well get my next vow up so I can feel comfortable talking about it here.

I, Commander Dawnstar, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux and make my fourth vow to complete the units listed below of total value 518 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker as a mark of shame until the year-end.

Renegade Knight w/Stormspear Rocket Pod, Heavy Stubber, and two Avenger Gatling Cannons and Heavy Flamers - 518 points

gallery_82168_14652_743927.png

Knight as shown here is heavily held together by blu tack and shouldn't be considered in a finished state.

Current planned scheme is something to this effect. At this point in time I'm very much considering keeping the physical Chaosyness to something of a minimum beyond the main guns and leaving that sort of thing up to the decals (which I'm looking into producing myself). My House is drawing liberally from the Reefborn Awoken of the Destiny franchise and thus I'm looking for an aesthetic which is still relatively clean rather than the mutation and savagery you see creeping into a lot of Renegade Knight chassis. Noble exterior but rotten within.

WHOOP WHOOP! Awesome progress, guys!!!

I'm starting to have model fatigue with these cultists. I've only started to add base paints to them, and I'm already getting sick of them. This is not good

Base paints, wash, light drybrush, call them done. Conveyer belt all of them for each layer. Use watered down GW Base paints for the base and a hairdryer to dry them. Make it a personal challenge.

• Use only THREE base paints. One for clothes, one for the pouches, boots, belts and other details stuff, one for the fleshy bits. Do a base layer, then do some laundry while it dries. Then do another base layer, and the dishes while it dries. Then another base layer, dust the book shelf. Base colours DONE. (or wait to do those tasks between the wetter steps, and see how one mini dries while you're doing the other 39 cutists)
  • Do a wash (Agrax for the clothes), then clean the windows while that dries. Do another wash (flesh shade for the fleshy parts), vaccuum the floor. WASHES DONE.
  • Use ONE drybrush colour (I advice something neutral like Bleached Bone or whatever the modern equivalent is) for the clothes and pouches. Drybrush Wych Flesh on the faces. DONE
  • All weapons completely in Leadbelcher. PUT ON MICHAEL JACKSONS THRILLER AND DANCE TO IT or QUEEN'S BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY AND SING ALONG while it dries. Or Both. Wash the weapons with Nuln Oil. DONE

DOOOOONE!!! 

BE A PRODUCTIVE MACHINE!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Miniatures done. Clean House. You and the SO both happy. CHAOS GODS THRILLED.

FOR CHA-OSSSS

Ok, now is largelt time for vow 2: I, Celtic_Cauldron, rise to the Challenge of ETL VI for a second time with the following units:

Khârn the Betrayer and his personal Rhino APC: 232 points

khzern10.jpg

Warpsmith Paulus Aemilius from the Iron Warriors and his own Rhino (with a combi-flamer): 157 points

paulus10.jpg

Total for Vow 2: 389 points

Failure is not an option: as you can see I have plenty other units to complete.

Death to the False Emperor!!!

Celtic_Cauldron

Berserker & Bastion complete for ETL. Show before photos of the mini Knight.

​Berserker base wise - I need to wait until the new 40k terrain release & not wanting to rush them. If there ready then get a finish photo of the models.

med_gallery_13342_13449_112929.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_817.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_65351.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_160599.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_80745.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_80765.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_145291.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_19362.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_58803.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_44998.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_148436.jpg

I was trying to get the Rhino finish for my Lascannon unit of Havocs. But it taken a bit longer go get done between the plasticard armour plates & painting inside the tank before building the Rhino. But it should be ready for next week. But mange to quickly get the mini Knight built yesterday & bit conversion done today.

med_gallery_13342_13449_95190.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_118243.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_44015.jpg

Then Bastion, for ETL this is going be complete. There a lot more work to get done but it been bit busy here with work been done to the house & so I can move on & get the second Bastion painted pretty soon.

med_gallery_13342_13449_97275.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_80903.jpg

Is that a contemptor on the base of the leviathan, Chaeron?

Sorry - forgot to reply! It is indeed: the cabling is made using a tubemaker, and I hope the pose conveys the winner of that duel suitably!

I've now done all of the flesh and weapons on the Zombies, and the flesh on the Drones. Blocking out colours on the last few characters, to hopefully finish all bar basing tomorrow. 

Keep those completions and re-vows coming in everyone - fantastic stuff! Such good motivation to see such high-quality work across the board.

OK, good to see re-vows taking place - but the focus must certainly shift towards completing the first vows... So to all that have yet to complete their first vow, now is the time to do it!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived