+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

Vow is done. Sorry I only did one. Little Nurgle burn out.

Completions matter more than points! I like how you did the face on that lord o’ Contagion

Really like the colour of the armor Callidan, both the models look great! 

@ midnight runner - Great wip mate, these are looking promising, the FW khorne termie kits are great and it shows with these models . Tonne of detail but they are fun to paint

Turns out the good Captain has done the weekly summary, it can be found here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/346705-e-tenebrae-lux-vi/?p=5126713

Quick summary for us: We're top by the slimmest of margins, with the Blood Angels and the Traitors of the Heresy nipping at our heels. We need as many of those first vows to come rolling in as possible to further our lead!

I'll be vowing Sunday evening at the latest come hell or high water, can't afford to wait any longer than that for the Lord.

Dragonlover

I said I'd vow again a couple of days after completing my first one... turns out I needed a couple of days more than anticipated.

I felt it was time to finish a raptor project that I had lying around half finished for quite a while now (actually it was part of my failed vow for Call of Chaos last year). It took me way longer than I thought and liked to finish that project, but now that it's done I'm quite happy with the outcome:

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk33/Therrous/CoC%2017/th_20180719_161547.jpg

So, now that I have redeemed myself for my failure in CoC, it's time for a 2nd ETL vow. I feel like it's time for more death from above:

I Iron Skull Mask rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete 

1 Chaos Hell Blade with two hellstorm cannons (150)

1 Chaos Storm Eagle Assault Gunship with twin heavy bolter, vengeance launcher and two twin lascannons (352)

for a total f 502 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Yeehaw! :thumbsup:

...and here's the before pic:

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk33/Therrous/ETL%2018/th_20180719_132413.jpg

...by the way: I heard the storm eagle was a pain to build. Is that true? and if so, any advice on how to do it best?

I'm starting to have model fatigue with these cultists. I've only started to add base paints to them, and I'm already getting sick of them. This is not good

Base paints, wash, light drybrush, call them done. Conveyer belt all of them for each layer. Use watered down GW Base paints for the base and a hairdryer to dry them. Make it a personal challenge.

• Use only THREE base paints. One for clothes, one for the pouches, boots, belts and other details stuff, one for the fleshy bits. Do a base layer, then do some laundry while it dries. Then do another base layer, and the dishes while it dries. Then another base layer, dust the book shelf. Base colours DONE. (or wait to do those tasks between the wetter steps, and see how one mini dries while you're doing the other 39 cutists)
  • Do a wash (Agrax for the clothes), then clean the windows while that dries. Do another wash (flesh shade for the fleshy parts), vaccuum the floor. WASHES DONE.
  • Use ONE drybrush colour (I advice something neutral like Bleached Bone or whatever the modern equivalent is) for the clothes and pouches. Drybrush Wych Flesh on the faces. DONE
  • All weapons completely in Leadbelcher. PUT ON MICHAEL JACKSONS THRILLER AND DANCE TO IT or QUEEN'S BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY AND SING ALONG while it dries. Or Both. Wash the weapons with Nuln Oil. DONE
That.... Actually makes a lot of sense. I never thought of that :lol:

Vow 2 is over. The last drop of paints are drying as I am writing those lines. Pictures:

20180711.jpg

20180710.jpg

20180713.jpg

I'll go for vow 3 featuring a Death Guard complement (1 Lord of Contagion, 1 Blightbringer, 1 Surgeon, 1 Putrifier and 10 Plague Marines) that should be over by Saturday night.

If I succeed I'll go for vow 4 with a squad of 6 Noise Marines and their Rhino APC. Possibly some Black Legion Chosen next week also... but that should be for vow 5. If there is a vow 5.

Celtic_Cauldron

I said I'd vow again a couple of days after completing my first one... turns out I needed a couple of days more than anticipated.

I felt it was time to finish a raptor project that I had lying around half finished for quite a while now (actually it was part of my failed vow for Call of Chaos last year). It took me way longer than I thought and liked to finish that project, but now that it's done I'm quite happy with the outcome:

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk33/Therrous/CoC%2017/th_20180719_161547.jpg

So, now that I have redeemed myself for my failure in CoC, it's time for a 2nd ETL vow. I feel like it's time for more death from above:

I Iron Skull Mask rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete 

1 Chaos Hell Blade with two hellstorm cannons (150)

1 Chaos Storm Eagle Assault Gunship with twin heavy bolter, vengeance launcher and two twin lascannons (352)

for a total f 502 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Yeehaw! :thumbsup:

...and here's the before pic:

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk33/Therrous/ETL%2018/th_20180719_132413.jpg

...by the way: I heard the storm eagle was a pain to build. Is that true? and if so, any advice on how to do it best?

That's what I'm hearing... A real challenge - especially in such a short time. Remember everything ends on August 1st @ 17:00 GMT!

Vow 2 is over. The last drop of paints are drying as I am writing those lines. Pictures will be posted tomorrow.

I'll go for vow 3 featuring a Death Guard complement (1 Lord of Contagion, 1 Blightbringer, 1 Surgeon, 1 Putrifier and 10 Plague Marines) that should be over by Saturday night.

If I succeed I'll go for vow 4 with a squad of 6 Noise Marines and their Rhino APC. Possibly some Black Legion Chosen next week also... but that should be for vow 5. If there is a vow 5.

Celtic_Cauldron

OK, when you do get the pics pls edit them in your post above as I already have registered your completion. ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Oh yeah, Iron Skull Mask: Augustus built a Storm Eagle a little while ago and documented it in his plog. I think he built it from the engine block forwards rather than following the instructions and found it much easier going.

Dragonlover

Oh yeah, Iron Skull Mask: Augustus built a Storm Eagle a little while ago and documented it in his plog. I think he built it from the engine block forwards rather than following the instructions and found it much easier going.

Dragonlover

Thanks for the pointer. Is the plog here on the forum, or elsewhere?

You... you've never read Augustus' plog? Mate, you are in for one hell of a ride. Here you go: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/286791-augustus-thread-big-fracking-nurgle-tank-p188/

I have no idea where in there the Storm Eagle is, but it's closer to the end than the start.

Dragonlover

@Captain: Done!!

And therefore I, Celtic_Cauldron, rise to the challenge of ETL VI for a third time and vow to complete the following units:

1 Lord of Contagion with a Manreaper (130 pts)

1 Noxious Blightbringer (65 pts)

1 Plague Surgeon (74 pts)

1 Biologus Putrifier (69 pts)

10 Plague Marines with 1 plasma launcher and the Blight Flame Thrower which I do not know the name in English. The Champion also have a Plague Blade and a Power Fist (206 pts)

Total for vow 3: 544 pts

Pictures:

noxiou10.jpg

plague11.jpg

plague10.jpg

bilogu10.jpg

lord_o10.jpg

Failure is not even thought about.

Celtic_Cauldron

I was a bit concerned that I would falter at the finish due to my new jobs shift pattern, however I then ended up with a severe infection in both of my heels and was forced to be off sick for a week.

Papa Nurgle blesses me :devil:

Right then lads, once more into the breach...

I, Dragonlover, step up to the challenge of the ETL for a fifth and final time in the name of the Chaos Space Marines forum. I hereby vow to complete the following units by August 1st 2018:

3x Predator with twin lascannon turret, lascannon sponsons and a stormbolter

1x Chaos Lord with no upgrades

For a total of 644 points. Success is assured, defeat is unthinkable. To victory!

gallery_69371_14676_98821.jpeg

Dragonlover

You... you've never read Augustus' plog? Mate, you are in for one hell of a ride. Here you go: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/286791-augustus-thread-big-fracking-nurgle-tank-p188/

I have no idea where in there the Storm Eagle is, but it's closer to the end than the start.

Dragonlover

Thanks a dozen!

Checked out the thread and read the posts on the storm eagle. It's great advice and I will definitely try to put it to good use! But man, what an artitst Augustus is! That storm eagle is a real beauty, as are all the other great paintjobs in there. I can only point everyone else towards Augustus' plog, be it for inspiration, tips on how to do things or just to enjoy the great art - go check it out.

Archived