+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

Man there is so much going on - I don't know where and what to comment. At least I did the update (correctly I hope)... 

Let's see what else can you pull before tomorrow's weekly cut-off! Oh, and check the first page here to make sure your status is correctly depicted... 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

So time for Vow 3!

This time its a Chaos Lord and a Sorcerer on a bike for a grand total of 254 points! Hoping to have these finished in the next day or so and then can move onto the knight.

Chaos lord: Power Sword and Combi Plasma (93 points)

http://i.imgur.com/5vMrPBmm.jpg

Sorcerer on a bike: Force axe, combi bolter and a combi melta (161 points)

http://i.imgur.com/WtoMSqTm.jpg

++Vow 4 Complete++

5 Terminators, with 4 Power Fists, one Chainfist, Combi-Bolters - 235pts

vow-4-complete.jpg?w=584

Vow 5:

I, Chaeron, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Realm of Chaos Faction and vow to complete the following, drawn from Codex: Chaos Space Marines:

5 Havocs with Missile Launchers - 165pts

5 Havocs with Missile Launchers - 165pts

...of total value 330pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring eternal glory to Nurgle and the Realm of Chaos forum: failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Starting Photo:

vow-5.jpg?w=584

So here's a WIP of my Knight as it stands. Things are still very early on and nothing you see here is finished.

med_gallery_82168_14652_510940.png

I've certainly come to realise that my original plans of going light on the Chaos aren't really going to work out, so I've got a few ebay orders of assorted spikes and vehicle upgade kits set for Wednesday-Friday that should hopefully make that side of things just a little bit more obvious. Freakshow668's Knight on the previous page certainly helped me see how you really don't have to go overboard to sell the fact that yours is a Renegade Knight at a glance, so I'm really thankful to have had that vow for guidance.

I've tweaked my plans for the colour layout again and am now planning for something like this, but after deciding to put some colour on the thing I've really been feeling that the central plates (cowl, chest, groin) being left in pure black looks far worse on the model than it did the test image. They can't help but look a bit empty and unfinished being in the centre of the model and surrounded by all that bright gold. As such I was wondering if you guys had any ideas what I might do with them?

So here's a WIP of my Knight as it stands. Things are still very early on and nothing you see here is finished.

med_gallery_82168_14652_510940.png

I've certainly come to realise that my original plans of going light on the Chaos aren't really going to work out, so I've got a few ebay orders of assorted spikes and vehicle upgade kits set for Wednesday-Friday that should hopefully make that side of things just a little bit more obvious. Freakshow668's Knight on the previous page certainly helped me see how you really don't have to go overboard to sell the fact that yours is a Renegade Knight at a glance, so I'm really thankful to have had that vow for guidance.

I've tweaked my plans for the colour layout again and am now planning for something like this, but after deciding to put some colour on the thing I've really been feeling that the central plates (cowl, chest, groin) being left in pure black looks far worse on the model than it did the test image. They can't help but look a bit empty and unfinished being in the centre of the model and surrounded by all that bright gold. As such I was wondering if you guys had any ideas what I might do with them?

If you do the scrollwork on the chest and the bottom plate of the groin in gold, it'll break up the black area, and I'd pick out the rivets too, it'll make a big difference.

Bah. Just was reminded mum's birthday is tomorrow and probably an overnight thing... and I'm not in the mood to glue tonight. Looks like Thursday is, when I get back, Glue and Spray day. Fridays are thankfully free and anything I don't finish with my speed painting method is Saturday's thing

If you do the scrollwork on the chest and the bottom plate of the groin in gold, it'll break up the black area, and I'd pick out the rivets too, it'll make a big difference.

Righto. I'm currently waiting on a delivery to get the paints so I can go over the skeleton and gold details again, so I'll certainly take care of that.

Great progress guys! 

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE 12th WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT TOWARDS THE FINAL SCORE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Broke my painting thumb (and then some) doing yard work this morning so I’m out. Pretty terrible timing as I’m 97% done with my 1st vow and set to receive a FW Chaos Knight + Warden upgrade sprue in the mail tomorrow. Oh well, good luck everyone.

Me: "Three whole months to paint some models? Pffft... this'll be easy!"

Life: "Hold my beer..."

So anyway, I finally finished my vow, numerous obstacles notwithstanding. It is a simple fact that I take horrendous pictures of my finished models. So even though they look subpar in photo form, I'm quite proud of how they actually look. So, without further ado...

Blight Lords of the Apostles of Contagion

med_gallery_46975_6735_362542.jpg

med_gallery_46975_6735_1068334.jpg

And my Plague Marines of the Poisoned Chalice

med_gallery_46975_6735_719912.jpg

med_gallery_46975_6735_1444516.jpg

med_gallery_46975_6735_503356.jpg

And with that, my friends, is my finished vow. I look forward to the next one, as I obviously need the motivation!

@Copycat: Nooo! If they're that close, can you call them finished anyway? Also what did you do, fall out of a tree?

Excellent completions everyone! If we can keep this up for the rest of the event we'll leave everyone else choking on our dust!

Dragonlover

Broke my painting thumb (and then some) doing yard work this morning so I’m out. Pretty terrible timing as I’m 97% done with my 1st vow and set to receive a FW Chaos Knight + Warden upgrade sprue in the mail tomorrow. Oh well, good luck everyone.

97% = 100% this close to the end. Post photos and end your vow, you should be good. 

I Freakshow668 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete:

1 renegade knight with wrecking ball (Thunderstrike Gauntlet), chainaxe (Reaper Chainsword), meltagun and  Stormspear rocket pod, for a total of 412 points by 1st August, 2018.  Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

rsksjj4.jpg

Archived