+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

Hidden Content

I Freakshow668 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete:

1 renegade knight with wrecking ball (Thunderstrike Gauntlet), chainaxe (Reaper Chainsword), meltagun and  Stormspear rocket pod, for a total of 412 points by 1st August, 2018.  Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

rsksjj4.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Fricking maniac! That thing looks brutal. Have fun painting it!

Come on Copycat! You can finish the last 3% with a broken thumb! ;)

You might be on to something. My wife had an interesting suggestion. She recalled that I play sports equally well with both hands and asked why not just paint left handed. I tried to explain the difference between fine and gross motor skills but all she said was, “excuses.”

So it looks like I’m painting southpaw for the next week. It’s slow going and doing bronze trim and edge highlighting is stupid hard, but hey, a completion is a completion. Thanks for the encouragement all.

Come on Copycat! You can finish the last 3% with a broken thumb! ;)

You might be on to something. My wife had an interesting suggestion. She recalled that I play sports equally well with both hands and asked why not just paint left handed. I tried to explain the difference between fine and gross motor skills but all she said was, “excuses.”

So it looks like I’m painting southpaw for the next week. It’s slow going and doing bronze trim and edge highlighting is stupid hard, but hey, a completion is a completion. Thanks for the encouragement all.

You can do it Copycat, for the glory of Chaos!

Ok, here's the scoop: we're in second. By a point. The Blood Angels are a single, solitary point ahead of us. As Captain Semper said, this is the closest it's ever been, and that's mainly because we've usually left everyone eating our dust.

So there's only one thing to do: paint like the world's ending and only painted models can save it! Draw on the insane fact that we've won this three times already, at least once from a significantly worse position at this stage. This is our arena, and there's no way we're letting some jumped up pretty boys take it without a fight!

As Augustus is fond of saying...

THE GODS WANT MOAR!!!!!

Dragonlover

So Vow 3 is completed :biggrin.:, along with the proof , some fluff  and an extra mini to accompany it in the spoilers.
 http://i.imgur.com/dIU0kwsl.jpg

Commissar Leytron hid. What else was there to do? Those creatures had moved through them as if they weren’t there, arms slicing out reducing his command to nothing in seconds. He had run, and he had hidden, and they had left him alone.
The rocks and debris cut at him, bring sharp needles of pain flaring through him. Screams and weapons could be heard still in the distance along with a high-pitched whining. It was then that he saw it moving towards him. A man in a deep purple armour was approaching, the arm was formed of slopping surface and covered in white rosette swirls, it was then he saw it his face. Unlike the rest of his armour his helm was a brilliant gold and formed into the shape of the Emperor. Tears exploded from his eyes, a saviour! He clawed his way from the gravel and groped at his saviour’s legs, he had to be sure, to be sure he was real.
……………
He looked down at thing clawing at his feet, tears ran down his distorted grim covered face. He reached his hand down and stroked it against him. The sensors in his armour made it feel as if he wore no armour at all, a tingle flared up his arm causing convulsions throughout it. Without though his arm reached for the mask attached to his face.
……………
A scent reached Leytron’s nose, not un-pleasant but neither was it pleasant it reminded him of the thick fumes that had lined the streets of his home world on the day of St Bastilian. Looking behind the angel brought a strangled whimper from his lips, creeping up on them was a something that had a vague resemblance to a human, but one who had been turned into a mockery of what the term meant. He was pushing a brazier from which a cloud of perfumed pink smoke floated.
He looked up at his protector, pleading for help, but the only movement he was making was to reach to his helmet. The thing behind him and stopped pushing the brazier and was now warily approaching them.
He heard a wet tearing noise and looked up. Its mask was half off its face now, but it seemed to be bringing most of the face with it leaving the wet muscles underneath exposed to the air, it’s eyes, blood shot and rolled back into their sockets betrayed the edges of brilliantly blue pupils. Its lips were peeled backwards revealing the nubs of where its teeth had once been. It casually flung its golden mask into the heart of the pink smoke, the creature behind them jumped around excitedly.

He desperately tried to push himself away, but it put a hand on his shoulder pulling him in closer. Its words came out as if it’s tongue wasn’t in one piece.
‘’Where are you going my child? I’ve not introduced to your new brother yet.’’

http://i.imgur.com/hSG0McHl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6c9nIUsl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/twioTvUl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aa5zo4Bl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Ilhf0hDl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/X4eEFWll.jpg

‘’And they shall know no fear’’
He snorted too himself, they knew fear alright, they may not fear death or the horrors of the galaxy but ‘he’ saw beyond that, even in those he called brother. He looked down at the axe resting in his hand, this one had been scared, what was it he had called him?
‘A witch’ that was it. He had looked beyond that screaming visage deeper beyond his indoctrinations even into his inner most feelings and he had seen it. The fear of something he didn’t understand, something he couldn’t touch. He had killed him and while the life had fled his body, he had shown him the truth. The real secrets of the warp and the inevitable fall of his beloved Emperor and finally he had allowed him to see the fate of his weapon, how it would channel the warp the lives it would take in the name of the ancient Gods he worshipped. That had done it, the last of the creatures conscious had slipped away.
His thoughts went to the Blood Angel mounted to his bike. Now that had been more than fear, the rage, that never-ending battle against rage that he was constantly losing. Being slowly dragged towards a cliff trying to claw his way back. He had broken him, like Horus had broken his father and when he spoke to the sons of Sanguinius he used that angel’s voice, so they’d know he knew them and he knew how to undo them.
The explosions brought him rushing back to reality, beneath him the Imperials camp was in flames, his mind was already thrumming with their fear.

http://i.imgur.com/QxOAs9nl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fno52BXl.jpg

Vow 4 

I gianlucafiorentini123 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete:

1 renegade knight with 2x rapid fire battle cannons, meltagun and  Stormspear rocket pod, for a total of 455 points by 1st August, 2018.  Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

@Freakshow668 that knights awesome! The wrecking ball especially is blowing my mind.

Terrible news everyone!

My vow isn't getting finished, because when moving some of the boxes, the one with all the cultists tipped over, and lets just say: Eschers do NOT stand up well to my 170-some-odd pound weight stepping on them. And I'm missing six of the 40.

So now I need to reassemble them, repair the damaged ones, and find where the other ones got to.

I'm so done with these cultists. I'm going to go back to painting literally anything BUT these Slaaneshi cultists :lol:

Where's the oathbreaker image so I can put it in my signature now and get it over with? Gah!

Sleep on it. There's eight days left. I painted 55 DV Cultists in about the same time a few years ago. I am 100% convinced you can do this. After all, it's only five or six a day, right?

Dragonlover

Impressive job everyone!!

On my side, the Noise Marines and their Rhino are done. I am now working on the three Exalted Champions from the Sons of Malal. They WILL be over by Sunday evening. Once this done I'll go for vow 5 with a single squad of Black Legion Chosen: the minis are ready and the initial picture is done.

Let the Galaxy burn!!!

Celtic_Cauldron

Aw, no, it really hurts to hear about those eleventh hour mishaps and accidents -- I feel for you guys!

@ Copycat Copycat: That's what I call dedication! The gods are pleased, man!

@ Gederas: I'm with Dragonlover -- sleep on it, then give it another go!

Fortunately enough, I haven't broken anything (YET!) or stepped on anything (YET!), so I should be able to use the remaining time to put the finishing touches on my Chaos Armiger -- not much further now:

chaos-armiger-pip-33.jpg

WE NEED TO FINISH OUR VOWS! ESPECIALLY FIRST VOWS!!

As Dragonlover so kindly reminded us:

gallery_29004_9703_78134.png

(Sorry Kraut :tongue.: )

Noooo! Take it away! It BURRRNNSSS USSSS!

I do agree with the sentiment, though! :smile.:

Sleep on it. There's eight days left. I painted 55 DV Cultists in about the same time a few years ago. I am 100% convinced you can do this. After all, it's only five or six a day, right?

Dragonlover

The thing is this:

Two cultists are broken to a point where I'd need two new Escher bodies. I'm not buying another box of Eschers just for two bodies. And I also still haven't found the missing 6. That's 8 models out of 40, literally a fifth of the models are donezo.

Thankfully none of the losses were the Champs and Flamers, but still. I can't look at the Escher cultists and not feel disgusted right now. I think vowing 40 of them in one go was too much.

I cheered myself up with purchasing Rotigus for my Nurgle Daemons though.

Aw, no, it really hurts to hear about those eleventh hour mishaps and accidents -- I feel for you guys!

@ Gederas: I'm with Dragonlover -- sleep on it, then give it another go!

See my above comment.

This is it, I've thrown in the towel. If what happened with the cultists today didn't happen, my vow would have been done. But as of right now, any desire I have to even touch those models is gone.

Finished my second exalted sorcerer on disk- my vow is now complete brothers. Wish I could get the staff blade gems cleaner, but they're so small haven't been able to get my hands steady enough to do it.

In any case, fantastic job all around- lots of amazing stuff in here.

gallery_68171_12457_564163.jpg

@Gederas: Fully understandable chap. And yeah, 40 of anything in one go is a bit much, but Cultists doubly so. It's why I always say not to vow them, they're just a pain all round.

@Galloway: That's a lovely Sorcerer! Don't forget to edit your full completion pic in though!

Dragonlover

@Gederas: Fully understandable chap. And yeah, 40 of anything in one go is a bit much, but Cultists doubly so. It's why I always say not to vow them, they're just a pain all round.

This. I vowed them for my first ETL too, and they were a major hassle. Cultists are about the worst units to vow for the ETL: no fun to pain, and only 4 points a miniature. We should do a major warning in future ETLs, right after Semper puts up the Strategium/Forum, warning prospective participants not to vow them - or at least not too many  - unless they think they're fun to paint, of course.

This. I vowed them for my first ETL too, and they were a major hassle. Cultists are about the worst units to vow for the ETL: no fun to pain, and only 4 points a miniature. We should do a major warning in future ETLs, right after Semper puts up the Strategium/Forum, warning prospective participants not to vow them - or at least not too many - unless they think they're fun to paint, of course.
I probably would have had more fun (and an easier time) with 40 Poxwalkers :lol:

And yeah, going forward, I'll know what NOT to do next time. What's that saying? Hindsight is 20/20? :lol:

Archived