+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

So here we are: My finished Renegade Armiger, based and ready to fight the servants of the False Emperor:

renegade-armiger-warglaive-2.jpg

renegade-armiger-warglaive-5.jpg

armiger-cockpit-4.jpg

More pictures can be found here in my thread.

And with that, my first (and only) vow for this ETL has been completed. It isn't a particularly big contribution from a points perspective, but I did give it my all to make sure my entry was as cool as it could possibly be ;)

renegade-armiger-warglaive-4.jpg

Best of luck to everyone who is still painting! The Gods are watching us!

Nice work, Kraut!! He looks absolutely gorgeous. Well done on the finish - but particularly with the cockpit. :thumbsup:

Khan by Augustus? Now that'll be a treat! :yes:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Khan? 

http://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/khaaan-gif-9.gif

:wink:

Khârn (:tongue.:the Betrayer is finished. More pics of all angles, here

b9PWNi5.jpg

And that's it for my ETL contributions! With Khârn, I also - nary - made it through my SOUL VOW!

Just FW Word Bearers Red shaded with GW Rhinox Hide - and a liberal application of a 4:1:1 mixture of GW Agrax Earthshade, Vallejo Flow Improver, and Vallejo Airbrush Thinner (the last of which is a perfect and far cheaper alternative to GW Lahmian Medium). 

Sadly, I've somehow :censored: up the times. I thought I had until the 15th for some reason, and I doubt I'll be able to finish everything by then :sad.:

That was ETLV. Get a move on! Three days to paint is plenty for just 706 points. ;) 

"Praetor, the troops are ready at your command."

A gurgling laugh sounds out. "And our ancient brothers in the machines move too."

The oozing liquid voice sounds forth one more. "And the Deathshroud are ready to move too. Our loyalist brothers, the echoes of the past, the foul Xenos... all shall fall before us."

I, Leonite, who vowed my soul to Chaos, present... A VOW COMPLETION!

CmI4AT3.jpg

1 Chaos Lord with Balesword (The one with the scythe on the right)

1 Malignant Plaguecaster (the scythe weilder on the left)

28 Plague Marines over four squads. Plus 2 with Icons of Despair (the ones with Helmet Plumes, I figured those would count in this case)

4 Deathshroud

1 Dredero Dreadnought

1 Spartan Assault Tank

FOR NURGLE! FOR CHAOS!

Rapidly accelerating towards the really nerve-wracking stuff (for me, at least). My "Imperial" Knight is virtually finished, and now I've basically just got the spikes, decals and basing left to push it into the Renegade space.

The progress from the last update isn't perhaps as apparent as I'd like, but here's a picture of my Knight at the final stop along the road before it reaches its destination. This is the model "finished" sans spikes, decals and base.

gallery_82168_14652_788857.png

20180729.jpg

Hereby I declare vow 4 complete!!

I, Celtic_Cauldron, rise a final time to the challenge of ETL VI in the name of the Warmaster and pledge the following unit from the Black Legion:

Squad Arioch: 7 Chosen with 1 pair of Lightning Claws, 2 Power Axes and 4 Power Swords, for a total of: 150 points

20180730.jpg

Failure will not be tolerated!!! The Gods and the Warmaster demands VICTORY!!!!

Celtic_Cauldron

Semper - What time (UK) will you be calling ETL finish? Like, lunch time or by the end of 1st August? If it by the end of the day then I would have one more, a third vow to make & it should be posted by 9.30pm, would be Khârn
med_gallery_13342_13449_400915.jpg
Just a copy from my Army log.

​Pretty much
- Rhino with Havoc launcher now complete.
- This is to also show the before photo of the Lord with Lighting claws.
- While I called the Berserker complete, 5 models. Part my army log post & show there base & a few member added onto the unit since then :D

Update

ETL almost finish. With a few days left I've got a second Bastion to still get undercoated & painted. Then just built another Terminator Lord with Lighting claws. Just with 8th ed needing more HQ chose per detachment & I've never really use Lighting claws to be honesty. Not quite sure what his narrative will be to be honesty,

med_gallery_13342_13449_1247135.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_1085073.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_1063112.jpg

Then the base for the Berserker where built yesterday & painted during today. Aim to try get the Black Legion member of the unit built tomorrow & ready for painting along side Khârn in a few days time.

med_gallery_13342_13449_528485.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_453559.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_732233.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_1057186.jpg

Bit of work added to the banner during yesterday.

med_gallery_13342_13449_1331828.jpg

Then the Rhino for my Lascannon unit of Havocs.

med_gallery_13342_13449_495375.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_640689.jpg

I'm having one of my all-too-typical last minute crises of confidence, so I was really hoping you guys could help me out: Does this actually work/look decent?

Right now I'm contemplating whether I should abandon the spikes entirely and go all-in on decals and perhaps some damage to sell the Knight as a Renegade. This really just ... isn't doing it for me at all; these additions absolutely look like something thrown onto the model rather than a clear part of its identity. Not exactly sure where that leaves me if I abandon this course though.

I'd leave the legs and the missle pod as is. Take everything off the shoulders and gun shield, put decals on the shoulder. On the top, the two big frontal horns look great, but I think the rest should be cleaner. Remove the stuff around the Central hatch, then look if you like the remaining carapace spikes in straight lines back from the horns or nothing at all on top.

That's how I'd look update things to look renegade.

@ Commander Dawnstar: While I do think the spikes work rather well, I can see where you are coming from RE: them not looking like an actual part of the model -- I think it has something to do with the paintjob being so clean, and the conversion being fairly subtle, other than those spikes. Both of those features make the Knight look fairly loyalist, which, in turn, clashes with the spikes.

Now I wouldn't suggest making the entire Knight dirty and grimy, but maybe just a bit of battle damage here and there might helpt? And, even more importantly, I think your best bet might be to keep the spikes, yet go for a combination of decals and markings that pull the elements together and serve as a "missing link", so to speak, between the fairly clean Knight and the chaotic spikes -- does that make sense?

Archived