+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

Okay. I'm finally :censored: ing finished. The pictures are poop but I'll get them posted up later tonight!

Edit: Here's the proof!

Group Shot:

jmqUAud.jpg

The Avatar of Ophion

21XO2kc.jpg

Cultists

Bq0z3Jf.jpg

Occam Ascended

vuz52Rb.jpg

The Bastards

Pp3Fpgu.jpg

I'm having one of my all-too-typical last minute crises of confidence, so I was really hoping you guys could help me out: Does this actually work/look decent?

Right now I'm contemplating whether I should abandon the spikes entirely and go all-in on decals and perhaps some damage to sell the Knight as a Renegade. This really just ... isn't doing it for me at all; these additions absolutely look like something thrown onto the model rather than a clear part of its identity. Not exactly sure where that leaves me if I abandon this course though.

I like the spikes personally it's your model and you ought to do what makes you happy. From what you've shown so far, you've got the skill set to finish it well whichever way you go.

Nice work Ferrum! The green and blue together look great

@ Iron Father Ferrum: Nice Heldrake!!!

@ Commander Dawnstar: I thouht he looked chaotic enough sans spikes. The conversion is subtle - but sans spikes he never read to me as a Loyalist Knight - the chaos star and the forgefiend cannons made it abundantl clear. I would go for decals and weathering/damage. Besides, adding spikes now, after you're done painting, is a recipe for disaster!

OR you could just pin them - should be easy enough. Just a crappy job to do, drilling holes through that smooth paint job...

Sadly, I've somehow :censored: up the times. I thought I had until the 15th for some reason, and I doubt I'll be able to finish everything by then :sad.:

That was ETLV. Get a move on! Three days to paint is plenty for just 706 points. :wink:

There's 4 Warp Talons, parts of 3 Cultists, and 50% of a Daemon Prince left. I'm on it, but no promises :(

Sadly, I've somehow :censored: up the times. I thought I had until the 15th for some reason, and I doubt I'll be able to finish everything by then :sad.:

That was ETLV. Get a move on! Three days to paint is plenty for just 706 points. :wink:

There's 4 Warp Talons, parts of 3 Cultists, and 50% of a Daemon Prince left. I'm on it, but no promises :sad.:

This is a chore, but totally doable. If you complete it, I and Dragonlover will do a dance for you. Promised! :tu: And remember: bases are not required for ETL! (but do them if you can, because based miniatures are +1 regardless of the circumstances. ;)

Hello friends,

Quick update, after some changes in my work, field trips, a little sickness and a confussion on dates,  I am almost done with my vow

I painted all weekend and now just need to finish the details in two terminators

Today after work I will finish and post pictures

Tremblant

And finally:

http://i.imgur.com/aDTKVWp.jpg

Phew ! Not quite the same as the company of White Scars I painted two years ago, but still a lot of work after realising all the niggles I still needed to sort out before painting that had stalled progress in the first place.

Anyhoo, VOW 1 COMPLETE WOO !

http://i.imgur.com/Mi2gZLP.jpg

And, no, not taking any chances with a cheeky wee vow, so that's your lot.

Well, I haven't been as diligent as I've wanted, but then, I was pretty sure that's what would happen! That said, I'm close on my vow - though for me finishing in the next 48 hours will be a challenge. 

My progress is here. I will post up a final group shot in this thread when it's all done!

Wooooo! Excellent updates - two almost done, so get to it and good luck to Large and Moving Orb and to tremblant!

@ oldschoolsoviet: MAN that is a cool finish! I'm absolutely stunned by those KNights - they look so, so good! Congratulations!

Vow 5

I gianlucafiorentini123 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete:

1 Noxious Blightbringer for a total of 65 points by 1st August, 2018.  Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

A very small vow but better to play it safe at this point and it means for the first time ever I've managed the full 5 vows!

67gBg2w.jpg

@ oldschoolsoviet; those knights are great the elongated legs really give them the look of a group of hunters stalking a  prey.

@ oldschoolsoviet: Aw, man, what a fantastic Khornate Knight extravaganza! I hope we'll be seeing more detail shots over at your thread soon! :)

One small suggestion: Carefully and lightly brushing some of the colour you've used for the sand on your bases onto those tank wrecks will tie them into the base much better, making the whole thing look more natural and plausible -- and it's such an easy tweak, too (I know how you are about basing... ;) )

Semper - What time (UK) will you be calling ETL finish? Like, lunch time or by the end of 1st August? If it by the end of the day then I would have one more, a third vow to make & it should be posted by 9.30pm, would be Kh

All these big vows make mine seem meagre in comparison, well done guys :tu: :tu:

My vow will be done! My Tausept Orche has dried up unfortunately which means I won’t be able to paint the Legion Symbol in time, but dems the breaks after a long hobby sabbatical!! Update tomorrow B)

Well, the deadline is, I believe, 18:00 UK time (17:00 GMT). :wink:

Fantastic work everyone, some real big completions there! :thumbsup: Keep going for the clock is ticking!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Sure a extra few hour wouldn't hurt?  Pretty much I'm back by 8pm, trains permitting...

Ether way back to painting the Lord & second Bastion

Archived