+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

There's still too many that haven't even finished their first vow. I believe we'll win because the biggest competition is the pathetic Blood Angels and we all know how they tend to die off in critical moments *cough*Sanguinius*cough*, but it's still quite unnerving seeing so many names with no completions at all after all this time. 

There's still too many that haven't even finished their first vow. I believe we'll win because the biggest competition is the pathetic Blood Angels and we all know how they tend to die off in critical moments *cough*Sanguinius*cough*, but it's still quite unnerving seeing so many names with no completions at all after all this time. 

What should worry you more are the second or subsequent vows that are unfinished as they carry the burden of all the previously completed vows too... :unsure.:

Anyways, you're doing pretty good - so keep going!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

The last 48-ish hours haven't been very kind to me, and if I'm totally honest I'm still wavering on adding anything at all to the model at this point. I have quite the history with hitting awful patches of self-doubt and complete death of self-confidence and forward momentum once it hits crunch time if I'm still weighed down with uncertainty. I'm more inclined to give up completely than risk 'ruining' things by making mistakes.

Would anyone be willing to talk with me about this in IMs somewhere - Discord, Facebook or whatever? I'd really appreciate being able to have a more open discussion without worrying about forcing my thoughts and sources down into a shape suitable for posts on the forum, and I'd feel a hell of a lot better for having an actual back-and-forth conversation to sort out what works and what doesn't.

Sadly, I've somehow :censored: up the times. I thought I had until the 15th for some reason, and I doubt I'll be able to finish everything by then :sad.:

That was ETLV. Get a move on! Three days to paint is plenty for just 706 points. :wink:

There's 4 Warp Talons, parts of 3 Cultists, and 50% of a Daemon Prince left. I'm on it, but no promises :sad.:

This is a chore, but totally doable. If you complete it, I and Dragonlover will do a dance for you. Promised! :thumbsup: And remember: bases are not required for ETL! (but do them if you can, because based miniatures are +1 regardless of the circumstances. :wink:

It's looking grim, but I'm slogging through. I "wisely" did bases first, so that's not an issue ;p

Which model, brother?

Sorry, I really should have mentioned that in the post - Renegade Knight ... which doesn't look the Renegade at all at this time.

I don't think I have a particularly good eye for bringing disparate elements together into a coherent picture to begin with, but I can't help but feel like I've psyched myself out to such an extent here that I really need someone else to tell me whether my ideas even have the potential to work. I've passed the point where I can't tell if my decal ideas and combinations actually need changes and adjustments or if I've just built up a big enough store of anxiety and negative feelings that I'm seeing problems where they don't exist.That's why I'd like to have an actual conversation - so it's easier to focus on individual points and discuss fine tuning than having to worry about addressing everything at once in monolithic posts.

It's looking grim, but I'm slogging through. I "wisely" did bases first, so that's not an issue ;p

Come on buddy! Just finish it!!! Paint like you've never painted before! 

Renegade Knight ... which doesn't look the Renegade at all at this time.

You're wrong. With the added chaos star above his head, coupled with his Forgefiend rotary cannons, he clearly hints to the first stages of corruption. Not all Knights are full blown, mutated, spike-filled, fiends, you know. Some marginally support factions that de facto are chaos, but de jure still belong to the Imperium. Those in the very first stages of corruption. That's your Knight. He's finished with the added star. You're fine for the ETL.

......and vow COMPLETE!!

http://i.imgur.com/eKXycSj.jpg

Unfortunately my Tausept Orche (the old oop paint) has dried up so they have no Legion symbols and the icon is a place holder (I know, I know it looks lame). They do need a touch up here and there, static grass and the barrels drilling but for now, I am calling them done, not bad for being out of the hobby for so long. What do I win? :D

EDIT - couple more photos here as a long though dead enemy (ie my WIP thread) returns from the warp -

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/287471-……by-my-hands-shall-the-false-emperor-fall/page-22

First some pictures of the units I just finish

Hidden Content

2 foetid bloat-drone

43706968522_8212c36576_z_d.jpg

5 Blightlord teminators

43039460774_64cf5f76bd_z_d.jpg

Noxious blightbringer, lord of contagion & malignant plaguecaster

43039461824_cff600319f_z_d.jpg

Now, my vow is completed

43706969502_ab871bed0a_c.jpg

Excellent stuff! Big fan of the white-ish Nurgle stuff - and the contribution is very sizeable too! Congratulations man, a hero of the Eye! :D

......and vow COMPLETE!!

Hidden Content

http://i.imgur.com/eKXycSj.jpg

Unfortunately my Tausept Orche (the old oop paint) has dried up so they have no Legion symbols and the icon is a place holder (I know, I know it looks lame). They do need a touch up here and there, static grass and the barrels drilling but for now, I am calling them done, not bad for being out of the hobby for so long. What do I win? :biggrin.:

EDIT - couple more photos here as a long though dead enemy (ie my WIP thread) returns from the warp -

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/287471-……by-my-hands-shall-the-false-emperor-fall/page-22

Nothing beats good ol' Black Legion! :lol: Weil done man, congrats! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I Insane Psychopath rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marine forum and vow to complete

​Vow 2

• ​Helbrute with Autocannon, Missile Launcher - 112
  • ​Renegade Armiger with 2 Armiger Autocannons, Heavy Stubber - 174pts
  • ​Chaos Bastion, 4 Heavy Bolter - 192
  • ​Chaos Bastion, 4 Heavy Bolter - 192
  • ​Rhino with Havoc Launcher, Combi Bolter - 83pts
  • ​5 Khorne Berzerker with Chain-axe 95

++Please let me know if I've mess up any points & will edit them.

of total value xxxx points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

​**I will get the point sorted by tomorrow.

It 848 points in total

I have forgotten to add a Chaos Lord if your ok for him to be added to the vow Semper or he can be kept until after this lot done & as my third ETL vow?

Chaos Lord, Terminator armour, Lighting claws 117

I will let you see this post before I make any edit's. Also remember vow 1 was 1645pts & not 1500ish due to points change/not know from Chapter approve & was edit into the post/you seen before edit for vow 1.

Due to a lot of stuff happing today, general busy & personal life. It meant I've not been able to get to much painting done today. But that my second vow complete for ETL reason.

med_gallery_13342_13449_84164.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_842510.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_63254.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_343085.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_653217.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_1849665.jpg

Archived