Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

ETL VI ETL E Tenebrae Lux E Tenebrae Lux VI

• Please log in to reply
386 replies to this topic

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 321 posts
  • Faction: Chaos
Thanks for the input, all. I've got enough spare decals at home, so I'll give it a test run. I'll let you all know how it goes.

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_10383_2014.pnggallery2900461982240.pnggallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Sgt. Blank

Sgt. Blank

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 399 posts

There's a lot of awesome work in going on in this forum - very inspiring.

I'm not sure how much I can add to the cause but I've got plenty of unpainted stuff - we'll see what I can get done.

I , Sgt. Blank, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marine Forum and vow to complete one Predator with twin lascannon turret, lascannon sponsons and havoc launcher of total value 201 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Here's the starting point:

qrAj4v7.jpg?1

Edit: if this doesn't count as a base color, let me know.

Edited by Sgt. Blank, 22 May 2018 - 10:40 PM.

• Dragonlover, Lord Rust, gianlucafiorentini123 and 1 other like this

gallery_29004_12090_2245.png  sml_gallery_29004_12090_4603.png Call_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01a.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01b.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_01b.jpg

Dragonlover

Dragonlover

++ PATRIS ANGUIGENA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,529 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion
Welcome aboard Sgt Blank! That's a lovely red, what's the Legion/warband?

Dragonlover
  • Sgt. Blank likes this

Sgt. Blank

Sgt. Blank

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 399 posts

Welcome aboard Sgt Blank! That's a lovely red, what's the Legion/warband?
Dragonlover

Thanks! I use Worldeater rules and (basically) the Eight-scarred color scheme from the Khorne Daemonkin codex.
  • Dragonlover likes this

gallery_29004_12090_2245.png  sml_gallery_29004_12090_4603.png Call_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01a.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01b.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_01b.jpg

Large and Moving Torb

Large and Moving Torb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 395 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

Man, there are some great pieces in here. Been away a while, so might as well dive back in here.

I, Large and Moving Torb, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Death Guard and the Chaos Space Marines forum and vow to complete the units listed below of total value 296 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker as a mark of shame until the year-end.

1) Lord of Contagion with Manreaper

2) Plague Marines x 6; one with Plasma gun, one with Meltagun, and champion with Plasma gun and Plague sword.

3) Chaos Spawn

And here is my initial picture:

gallery_12381_10073_15608.jpg

• Sgt. Blank, Dragonlover, Lord Rust and 1 other like this

"It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way." -from Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy

My WiP thread: http://www.bolterand...e-marines-wip/

My painting and gaming blog: http://www.chainswordsurprise.com/

ETL_2016_Banner_02_Oath_Breaker.jpgCall_of_Chaos_9_Banner_01b.jpg

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 321 posts
  • Faction: Chaos

Once more, my thanks to both MaliGn and Augustus b'Raass for their help with this project, as I think I found a winner. As with all things Chaos, so often the solution to all one's problems is more Blood for the Blood God.

Sealing the transfer and using shades worked exactly as intended. The colors tinted the white without obscuring the armor beneath, and it really helped tone down the white. They wouldn't settle evenly over the icon, but that was to be expected, and nothing a few coats of careful, precise dabbing wouldn't fix. Except... I couldn't really find a shade I liked. Agrax was the closest to looking good, Nuln Oil and Sepia were alright, and anything else just clashed. I tried making "glazes" with standard paints, but there was always too much pigment and they didn't work. Then I tried BftBG. Being thicker but still translucent it gave better coverage, and I think the red works for what I have planned. 

So, here's an Obliterator and a partially finished Cultist for reference. 

vqle8lAl.jpg?1

Plenty of Incubi Darkness, with accents of Khorne Red (in hindsight, I should have turned the Cultist so the red inside of his robe was showing...). All of my decal plans would be on those shoulder plates and the outside of the robes. 

0c3h9Wam.jpg?1

So I quickly slapped paint on these things and some spare decals for some fast proofs of concept. That's two very haphazard coats of Blood and a flat varnish on top to try and tone down the shine (despite what my poor lighting otherwise implies). With more careful application it will cover quite well. And... that little overspill onto the green actually makes an interesting shadow effect I may consider using. 

I9jyZynl.jpg?1

So there we have what it would ultimately look like when said and done. It actually comes quite close to matching the highlights on the cloth, so it's a pretty good fit. Time to make an order from Fallout Hobbies for some sweet Chaos Cogs. Cheers, all.

• Large and Moving Torb, Sgt. Blank, DuskRaider and 4 others like this

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_10383_2014.pnggallery2900461982240.pnggallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 12,284 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

ETL_VI_Top_Banner_.jpg

ETL VI - WEEK 3 UPDATE

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,330 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
Very impressive Scourged! I'm loving your Obliterators, much better than the GW model, much more imposing and they feel as though they're Traitor Legionnaires. I look forward to more!

No update this week, I'm basing the clothing on my Cultists and Zombies but there's a few that still have yet to be touched so I won't bother taking pics. Next week, however...
  • Scourged likes this

Check out my Photobucket Here

DuskRaider's 40K Death Guard: A Return to the Past

DuskRaider's Word Bearers Shadow War Kill Team & INQ28 Chaos Coven

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Leonite

Leonite

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 508 posts

I'll hopefully have 15 completed - bar basing and filthening - Plague Marines tomorrow - as well as possibly the Chaos Lord if mood sustains, and then this weekend I plan to assemble the last of the Plague Marines and hammer away at the Spartan.

Why hesitate on the filthening? Cause I plan to get all the Marines based at once and then... EVERYTHING GETS DIRTY. Easily by the end of Month 2, I plan to have finished my vow.

Signature in violation of B&C rules...

Hidden Content

Iron Skull Mask

Iron Skull Mask

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 501 posts

I Iron Skull Mask rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete one Renegade Knight (Questor Traitoris) armed with two rapid-fire battle cannons and an ironstorm rocket pod of total value 552 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

And with this I join the fun smile.png

Photos incoming.

Edited by Iron Skull Mask, Today, 10:05 AM.

• DuskRaider, Razblood, Dragonlover and 1 other like this

BaS%20sig%2004-15.png-gallery_77459_12304_7182.png

Dragonlover

Dragonlover

++ PATRIS ANGUIGENA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,529 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion
Excellent stuff Iron Skull Mask!

Dragonlover
  • Iron Skull Mask likes this

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,284 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos and Wolves
Just checking in to say I am still alive, did my back in again (seems to only happen during the ETL), should be back into the swing of things in a day or so, got all the minis base coated so there isnt much left to do before I revow. :tu:

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_48988_10069_6483.pnggallery_29004_9303_22505.pngCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_02_Failed.gif

Blog - Gates of Helvete

“Just erotic. Nothing kinky. It's the difference between using a feather and using a chicken.” - Terry Pratchett, Eric

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ETL VI, ETL, E Tenebrae Lux, E Tenebrae Lux VI

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users