+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

My 2nd vow primed. I also have old jump pack chaos lord, the one with FB vampire-like head. I would greatly appriciate any tips on how to remove his head without damaging the rest of his body.

Hidden Content

ZgNzM8B51n0.jpg

With that picture, taken against the light, I cannot see any detail whatsoever. If you want detailed advice, I'd ask a better picture - preferably an in-focus close-up with proper lighting. 

That being said, if you don't mind destroying the face, I'd advice a dremel tool. :)

My 2nd vow primed. I also have old jump pack chaos lord, the one with FB vampire-like head. I would greatly appriciate any tips on how to remove his head without damaging the rest of his body.

Hidden Content

ZgNzM8B51n0.jpg

With that picture, taken against the light, I cannot see any detail whatsoever. If you want detailed advice, I'd ask a better picture - preferably an in-focus close-up with proper lighting. 

That being said, if you don't mind destroying the face, I'd advice a dremel tool. :smile.:

Of course this picture is low quality and English isn't my first language, but I thought it's clear that there's no "old jump pack chaos lord" on this picture:biggrin.:

Jewellers saw as Dr. R suggested or razor saw to remove the head, particularly if you intend to save it for a later project. Be patient and let the saw teeth do the work rather than trying to muscle it to remove a minimal amount of material while cutting. Cutting inside the collar would be the toughest part and I'd suggest a sharp utility knife for that or working on the neck of the new head. Pewter is prone to bending and resin is brittle and may snap, so being patient will help with either material.

Thanks, I'll definetely try this.

My brothers and sisters in arms, we are second, currently beaten only by our loyal cousins of the Age of Darkness! Now is our time to strike, a flurry of completions and we can be sitting at the top of the heap this time next week!

So let's get painting, and let's see some of those first vows rolling in as well, there's a lot of points just lying there ripe for the taking.

Dragonlover

I'm trying to find the motivation, I really am, but it's just not coming to me. I'm not giving up, not yet, but at this point a second vow is definitely out of the question...and the first will be a stretch. Sorry guys.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyCeM9T3vd-kYGNenTKFQQFQJ-DdvUy5fBpg5IHi5lJ7bJu6-cJA

Meanwhile I'm only sticking to the one - I struggle to get ONE massive vow out XD

(The Spartan is this weekend's assembly and spray project...)

EDIT: I should also mention I hope to have at least almost a HALF of my vow finished barring bases tonight! If I manage that, I'll even work a bit more on the mascot before I leave GW. Hell, I'll even WRITE a bit for ETL

I've finally got back home and with my paints, over the last two days I stripped, primed and layed down the base coats on my first vow, hoping to have it done by the end of the week.

I'm trying to find the motivation, I really am, but it's just not coming to me. I'm not giving up, not yet, but at this point a second vow is definitely out of the question...and the first will be a stretch. Sorry guys.

It's cool dude, there's a few weeks yet before it becomes a real issue. What's stopping the motivation from flowing?

Dragonlover

I've been having a fair bit of difficulty myself. I think no small part of the problem is that my motivation is quite results-driven and batch painting large quantities of models ends up feeling like a horrible grind where I'm making very little progress. I'm going to switch things up and paint my Sorcerer today and I wouldn't be at all surprised if I can finish the model in a single day, and this despite the fact that lately I've barely been scraping through painting the black details on a handful of Daemonettes per day lately.

Dude, 20 isn't a batch, it's a headache. Do them in batches of five, you'll see results a lot quicker and the whole thing will flow much more smoothly.

PSA to everyone: if you're batch painting, and your batch needs you to hit two number keys to type how many models are in it, it's way too big! TBF, anything more than about six models is too much, and it's definitely dependant on what the model is. For example, I'd probably do bikes in pairs, whereas Marine sized stuff has a max of five, six if that's how big the squad is and the paint job is really easy like the Iron Warriors I just did.

Dragonlover

It's cool dude, there's a few weeks yet before it becomes a real issue. What's stopping the motivation from flowing?

Dragonlover

A combination of things. I've been travelling for work, my wife is pregnant with our first, her father is in ill health, her brother keeps dragging me into playing PUBG, I don't like playing my Alphas as much as my Iron Hands, and I've lately been feeling like I'd rather be playing and painting Battletech instead. Oh, and every time I think I have an opportunity to prime my drake and DP, it starts :cuss ing raining.

I dunno. I may have some time this weekend. We'll see.

Oof, that's a lot of things all flowing together into a pile of 'eh, screw it'. Here's hoping the weathers good over the weekend so you can get stuff sprayed, the good thing about spraying is that it's an immediate change in the state of the model. Makes you feel like you're making progress.

Dragonlover

Nice to see that regular Knights and the Avenger have both gone down in points. A Knight dual-wielding Avengers is now 75 points cheaper!

Great, now I'm considering getting another Renegade box ...

Kinda unfortunate thing in all this is that we miss out on all the Gallant shenanigans. Renegade Gallants come with Weapon Skill 3+ rather than 2+, have one less attack on their profile and miss out on the awesome Paragon Gauntlet and melee-boosting faction traits. Not the end of the world but a pretty massive loss in potential compared to their Loyalist counterparts.

Nice to see that regular Knights and the Avenger have both gone down in points. A Knight dual-wielding Avengers is now 75 points cheaper!

Great, now I'm considering getting another Renegade box ...

Kinda unfortunate thing in all this is that we miss out on all the Gallant shenanigans. Renegade Gallants come with Weapon Skill 3+ rather than 2+, have one less attack on their profile and miss out on the awesome Paragon Gauntlet and melee-boosting faction traits. Not the end of the world but a pretty massive loss in potential compared to their Loyalist counterparts.

Dawnstar, check out the Engine of Destruction ability near the bottom of the renegade knight sheet. Gallant Shenanigans are a go. 

Archived