+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

He had to vote in daemons didn't he? Did our faction brethren manage to redeem themselves to a point where will will win an absolute victory or will we be left with the pyrrhic victory of best forum rather than faction?

Darn lap dogs of the corpse emperor rigging the game in their favour.

Best Faction was never ever in the cards. The moment all Space Marines got grouped together, they won that. As such, Best Forum is the biggest prize of all - and we're definitely in the running for that one!

Correct and correct. However second place in the Faction competition holds some interest... :wink:

So ETL VII is Space Marines vs Everyone else?

He had to vote in daemons didn't he? Did our faction brethren manage to redeem themselves to a point where will will win an absolute victory or will we be left with the pyrrhic victory of best forum rather than faction?

Darn lap dogs of the corpse emperor rigging the game in their favour.

Best Faction was never ever in the cards. The moment all Space Marines got grouped together, they won that. As such, Best Forum is the biggest prize of all - and we're definitely in the running for that one!

Correct and correct. However second place in the Faction competition holds some interest... :wink:

So ETL VII is Space Marines vs Everyone else?

As it should be.

Well then.

It took a single Chapter's near total commitment to just barely beat us, and we left everyone else far behind. I'd call that another successful ETL personally! Not to mention the fact that even quite a few of those of us that failed our vows got some painting in, which after all is the whole point.

We shall return to the grand arena next year, but don't forget: in autumn, Chaos will Call! Perfect time to get Cultists painted if you ask me!

Dragonlover

We lost by 343 points. :eek: Unbelievable.

Some people are cordially invited to the skinning pits. :tongue.:

Hidden Content
;) JK - I know Real Life can bust your nuts sometimes.

Other than that, what Dragonlover said. Thanks for the commitment, the hilarious comments, and the fun times. Teamspirit is all. :biggrin.: :tu:

And some traditional, yet because of our narrow loss, moderate dancing. :woot: 
http://bestanimations.com/Music/Dancers/guys-dancing/funny-guy-dancing.gif

We lost by 343 points. :eek: Unbelievable.

luke_skywalker_nooooo.jpg

I'm so heartbroken right now... Sorry guys :sad.:

You think that's bad? My first vow was 998 points. If I didn't have the incident, we would have won. >.>

Boys, this is the ETL. All those who didn't finish what they vowed, have unintentionally, but actively worked against the forum. That's the name of the game, and we've all playd that game. We will not and shall not hold our loss against anyone in particular - the only penalty in the ETL for not finishing vows is and should be the Oath Breaker.

However, that's the ETL... The Black Crusade is an entirely different matter, and the fickle chaos gods will not be so lenient. Those who VOWED THEIR SOUL TO CHAOS and failed.... well, they have lost their soul. To Chaos.... :wink:  :ohmy.:

Apologise for nothing! The Warp is fickle, and makes fools of us all eventually!

Besides, as Augustus says, that's the ETL! I've seen people forget they've vowed, I've seen last minute dashes that don't quite make it, I've seen people just straight up drop off the planet then respond to my two-month PM in October.

We learn, we adapt, we improve. Next year, we'll just come back for another go. Anyone fancy aiming for the full 20k next year? It's only a shade over 1500 points a week for 13 weeks after all!

Dragonlover

Lord Kraven surveyed the battlefield awash with corpses. The carrion birds and assorted predators of Gilgamesh feasted on the flesh of the dead and dying,

bathed in the afterglow of burning hab-blocks and administorum buildings. The campaign was finished, but the war was far from over.

"My Lord, we have failed," Eldrick his long time chronicler and confidant muttered.

Lord Kraven let out a loud roar... or was it...laughter?

"Failed? How so? The Sons of Sanguinius have revealed their true thirst for blood. Even their allies watch them with fear and suspicion." He pointed towards the horizon, where bolter-fire and explosions continued long after the Imperium withdrew the battlefield. "The legions turn on themselves now as they always have, blaming one another for failing to live up to impossible odds, and the xenos filth will fight for the scraps we allow them to have."

"I don't understand my Lord. We were so close to total victory."

Eldrick, Son of Konan, we have already won. We are The Oath-Broken. The Dark Gods have turned their back on us a long time ago. Tonight the other legions will feast on ash and know the pain we have endured for millennia."

"I think I understand, my lord."

Lord Kraven smiled, his carred lips parting to reveal blackened fangs. "One more thing my friend.... an example must be made..."

Impossible odds? We're the only Forum that won multiple times - three times in a row, even. And this year it was only 343 guilty sparks. That's very reasonable odds. I'd wager on us any year, every year.

'Cause we're the best. 

tenor.gif

Putting all the space marines together... pretty impossible. :whistling:

I've carried banners at those wins. I wouldn't bet against us either.

The point everyone keeps forgetting is that ETL VI was never about which Faction would win. There's not even a banner or medallion for that win. What matters most, like almost all previous incarnations, is the different Forums competing against each other - within their own Faction, but especially across all Factions. So it's still Codex vs DAs vs BAs vs SWs vs IFOR vs AoD etc.

The material difference this year is that IFOR got grouped together, while Chaos and the Horus Heresy got seperated internally. Had we used the same way of calculating as last year, then Chaos in total would still have become second - as the Horus Heresy in total (the way it has been traditionally calculated) would have scored over 40K of points.

Looking back at the rules of the event, I realize we actually benefited from this arrangement: CSM is the strongest Chaos Forum and has been the big driver for the Chaos wins since ETL III. We didn't really miss the Daemons this year (who scored less than the Sisters, for crying out loud (for shame!:wink: )) and the LatD were also a small faction. The fact that it's just Chaos Marine codices makes it so that the SM Forums actually had a shot against us (and they no longer had the excuse of 'unfair advantages' of taking on Chaos as a whole :tongue.:). But the main benefit came from the seperation of the AoD into Loyalists and Trators: even despite the difference between 30K's 7th Ed. and 40K's 8th Ed. rules preventing overlap, the Horus Heresy performed fantastically.

There is no reason to complain about the new ETL rules at all. We lost to the Blood Angels fair and square. We had a low First Vow completion rate, and incurred 2520 points of penalties due to frater revowing and not completing their vows. Mistakes were made and we should look to ourselves for the causes of our loss. This is a group effort and I take my responsibility for our fail: By now, I allow myself to consider myself a bit of a veteran of the ETL, and I should have been more present in May, to give advice and feedback to unexperienced participants and to the team in general, like I have in previous years.

Next year, I'll post a list of advised do's and advised don'ts to win the ETL. An obvious one would be that vowing Cultists is not smart - their points/effort ratio is possibly the lowest in the entire ETL and they drain energy, preventing revows. But also vowing complicated resin kits with few weeks left and/or experience at hand isn't the safest. On the other hand, vowing relatively simple kits of high points value, like for example Land Raiders or Terminators, is a very smart thing to do. In any case, it's up to the participating frater to do what feels right. If you love painting cultists then by all means go for them! 

I regret not vowing my Nurgle Daemons but I just didn't feel confident that I could paint them all up by the end of the event after I finished my Armiger and I certainly didn't want to lose all of the vows I had completed previously (most of all that thrice damned Warhound).

Archived