+++The Lost and the Damned Outpost+++

Captain Semper

First of all let me tell you that I'm really in awe by the momentum of the LatD! And I can certainly expand the perimeter of the units allowed to include the Dark Mechanicus units and the Eyerine Cult! It's fitting and fluffy! :smile.:

2. VOWS:

Each participant is called to make at least one and up to a maximum of five (5) vows pledging to paint legal units from the Codex or any other army list associated with his/her Faction of choice. Also each vow should not exceed the limit of 3,000 pts. For more details regarding the content of the vow, please see “Legal Entries” section below.

That's from the etl v link in the captains sig... 

Edit:

also, from the faq bit:

Q: I pledge for Chaos. Can I use units form all associated Codices and FW lists? And can I do it in the same vow?

A: Yes! Chaos has a single Strategium and as such any unit from any associated list is ETL-legal. Even within the same vow!

Dunno if that counts or not, I'm quite out of date with terminology here.

Sorry spafe, you're quoting ETL V rules there... The rules for ETL VI (that I had not yet linked in my sig) state otherwise... :wink: I now will proceed to add the ETL VI rules in my sig for easy reference! 

Doh! I didn;t even think to cehck what ETL this was Captain! Sorry! I just went for the latest one in your sig :blush.:

I'll give them a read over this lunchtime then and make sure I'm still vaguely aware of what I'm doing.

Update:

-Arvus Lighters are an absolutely nightmare to get right. So many problems with the casting but not bad enough to ask for replacements. They really must be at the end of the life of the molds. They are ready for assembly.

-Hell Blades are assembled with flight stand, base and ready to paint, they’re easy to assemble in comparison but you can tell the mold is aging badly as lots of little errors in the details.

-Preparing infantry for assembly over the weekend

Welcome Tamilka - failed to officially welcome you to the ETL... :sweat:

With 4,111 points, it's the biggest vow in the entire Realm of Chaos Faction - who would have thought that it will come from the LatD, eh? Well it's still early days and this may change,  but it's very impressive to say the least

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I think it's time for a second vow.

I noticed Tamika has provided us with three Hell Blades, so I figure the forges of Xana II should open again and churn out a Hell Talon to keep them company:

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss78/tcgfade0ut/WIN_20180519_19_11_55_Pro_zpsxs0zfv7g.jpg

Seriously, this thing is HUGE! Next to it, is the completed Castigator chassis so you can get an idea for just how big the model is. I really wasn't expecting it to be on that scale to be honest. How big are the Hell Blades Tamika?

Vow 2.

Hell Talon. 12 PL, 250 points with selected & modeled war gear.

Death to the corpse lord on the golden throne!

Hell Talon is a fantastic model so happy to see you building and painting it... here are her three little sisters:

45611_D47-3_CF8-459_B-94_DF-6_E5482318_A

Sorry there is no side to side for scale comparisons... I will do that later next to some troopers and the Arvus Lighters :)

And here is the big box of mayhem that will take a while to just prepare let alone assemble and paint...

7395_AF98-34_DD-439_F-9221-781591_C171_D

I got ya, Stray; I have an Atropos and a couple of hell talons and snapped a pic:
zKGbvPs.jpg?1

Seems significantly smaller... the bomber is a big boy!

@Tamika those flying stands look sweet. Can't wait to see those fliers daubed in the colors of rebellion!

Arvus Lighters... not sure whether to bother with flight stands? They’re fairly steady on their feet and don’t wobble.

2159_D334-_CF77-4_A92-9648-_FD26_DEAEBD4

2_DBAB1_DF-_EA92-4_E90-8_CCA-25586_DAADF

Not sure whether to green stuff the gaps and fix further errors or leave as is and give it some character.

Those Hell Blades are beautiful gents! Thank you!

It's a really evocative kit, and nice that it's so unique to our faction in design.

I'm going have to pick up a couple myself once I learn to summon 'Monae' - pretty sure he/she is a daemon of Slannesh, as they certainly seem required when I desire something... :P

Well, I'm glad I expanded the perimeter of what's allowed here - those Hell Talons look fantastic! And the Arvus Lighters are no less impressive! Keep going guys, this Forum is destined for greatness! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Small update giving you an idea of how things will turn out...

C16_CB619-_A465-4_EA7-9627-2_BC9_FDFEF1_

This is the Elysian base of my infantry.. the heads and backpacks will be cadian hazardous environment because the scale is perfect. They are Renegades but not very Chaos looking, they will take a lot of careful painting to get to that point. Hope this is ok with everyone...

Yeah I couldn’t resist the last chance to buy for them to use as a base for this Renegade faction.

Spafe pop up regularly on eBay at a reasonable price, just do a saved search for email notifications when they get listed.

B2893_D53-8_F1_A-4503-938_D-79_D55162_E5
B2_BB8_C0_C-_E893-4263-9_A72-0_F01_CBB72
CFA9_F347-18_A1-42_EA-_B643-6112_F9_B11_

All now on their flight stands and ready for priming!

Lookin' good there Tamika. Can't wait to see the fliers get painted.

I am working on my cultists, slowly. So slowly. I did manage to finish my spawn, though, so... hooray for doing the easy bits.

x1XzQRv.jpg?1

I also threw this together in a bout of sleep deprived toy-cutting.
Make of it what you will, but I would like for it to be... something useful for this competition. Not sure what.

mJgl7xv.jpg?1

Did put a first couple of coats on Jagda, and my mutants are looking at me from the painting table with forlorn and accusatory glances. Onward ever upward.

I have no real reference for its size, but couldn't it be passed off a count-as Skull Cannon? Adding a few bloodletters obviously... 

Sorry, for a moment there I thought I was in the Daemons Outpost - it looks so Daemonic though...

Let's see... Armoured sentinel?

THIS IS THE LAST WEEKEND OF THE RECRUITMENT PERIOD - MAKE THE MOST OF IT!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hmmm... the scuttling thing is only on a dreadnought base, so it would have to be a baby scorpion... and Cap, it does look daemonic, probably too much for my renegades. I might shelve it for now and mull it over. Worst case scenario I paint it up for my Death Guard later and use it as a blight hauler.

I have been productive, though: my cultists are done. Say hello to the friendly outreach team of the Church of the Fevered Dragon:

KawqVMD.jpg?1
I was inspired by the wickedly cool capirotes of the Brotherhood of St. Rochus in Spain (pictured below).
I differentiated the colors of their hoods because it is more interesting and so they don't look overly-much like tiny little klansmen.

800px-SevillaNazarenoHSanRoque02.JPG
I need to figure out how to make 28mm candle-staves.

Interesting solution- perhaps if I took spears, removed the heads and replaced them with something like these?
I may do that with my next squad; I have 10-20 more cultists I need to make at some point.

Archived