+++The Lost and the Damned Outpost+++

Captain Semper

Oh boy. These are some mighty fine lookin' heretical vehicles we got here, yessir. Truly inspiring work, y'all!

I have been working on Jagda, touching up the trophies before I glue down the restraining chains and paint the weapons a proper gunmetal color:

zzvCL5k.jpg?1

I think I am going to leave it 'bright' brown. Will likely do yellow-brown for the lesser vehicles, as I still like it on the sentinel, but I did a test patch on the Baneblade's back armor and wasn't 100% happy with the result.

c9Opcx8.jpg?1
Closer picture of the happy little corpses.

ZWPFSTC.jpg?1
Closer shot of the gunner, who I need to differentiate better from the hull colors.

Can't wait to finish this vow and join the Black Crusade! This event has me hyped. 

Sorry for the lack of updates guys, Anacharis Scoria and I have been slaving over a hot hell-forge, to bring you the following:

Hidden Content

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss78/tcgfade0ut/unnamed3_zps0njo9llb.jpg

Vow one complete!

Waiting on a delivery which should be with me in a couple of days. Hoping to use it to make a very special third vow in the coming week...

OK this is fantastic, truly top notch work! Congratulations man! :thumbsup:

Now there was a mix up. You cannot make a new vow if you have not completed the previous one yet - vowing must be sequential. You may never have more than one vow outstanding. As such, I will not register your third vow until you declare the second one complete. Please refrain from doing any work on it until you complete your second vow (unless you have declared it so and somehow I missed it). 

Nice work Stray!

I’m still working on the base layers of my project and not even half of it is fully assembled... need some chaos power to complete this vow...

Hidden Content

C8668_DE5-_D6_AE-4_C07-_A2_E7-5905_AFF38

Go faster stripes done... base layers just need tidying up then it’s on to the next stage...

A very bright and unusual pattern there... :yes: Let's see this completed, c'mon! 

Oh boy. These are some mighty fine lookin' heretical vehicles we got here, yessir. Truly inspiring work, y'all!

I have been working on Jagda, touching up the trophies before I glue down the restraining chains and paint the weapons a proper gunmetal color:

Hidden Content

zzvCL5k.jpg?1

I think I am going to leave it 'bright' brown. Will likely do yellow-brown for the lesser vehicles, as I still like it on the sentinel, but I did a test patch on the Baneblade's back armor and wasn't 100% happy with the result.

c9Opcx8.jpg?1

ZWPFSTC.jpg?1

Closer shot of the gunner, who I need to differentiate better from the hull colors.

Can't wait to finish this vow and join the Black Crusade! This event has me hyped.

Great metal, rusty, corroded look! Traitor Guard FTW! :thumbsup:

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

My infantry are nearly done. A couple of little details are left and then l just need to stop dragging my heels on Jagda and finish it.

ks12Gm8.jpg

Group photo with the cultists and spawn. 10 happy little mutants. They don't get names.

jrkajw.gif?w=620

Edit: yikes, that pic is big. Sorry.

Nurgle's guts, I am done with my vow! 

Group shot:
2QINPGi.jpg?1

My favorite mutants:

MGALA8X.jpg?2

My favorite cultists:

JSRzpjs.jpg?1

Washed-out pic of the gunner (now with spiffy yellow pantaloons):

vlowEgw.jpg?1

Detail shot of Jagda's front:

LMnGOXA.jpg?1

I might add hash marks for big kills made in future games, or possibly graffiti based on what happened during battles, but for now it is all done. I will likely make vow 2 tomorrow.

Thanks for the kind words, Tallarn Commander! I haven't used glazes or GW technical paint much prior to this project, and I am really enjoying it so far! I want to keep that momentum going, so I guess the 49th is going to be deeply entrenched in this thread :tongue.:

The Mad Dogs are supposed to be an armored company, which necessitates a lot of metal behemoths:

VOW 2: CHAOTIC BOOGALOO: I, Azekai, again rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux. I vow to complete three Leman Russ battle tanks, three Antikythera-pattern Chimera, a daemonically possessed armored sentinel and two squads of Longknife kindred (kroot counts-as marauders).

Failure will result in me being sat upon by a particularly flatulent beast of Nurgle.

Leman Russ battle tanks Alpha, Beta, and Gamma; (battle cannons, lascannons, heavy bolter sponsons)

Picked up a few ebay specials awhile back and now I am finally sitting down and covering them with Nurgle's love.

33 PL, 558 points

Antikythera-pattern Chimera x3 (multilasers and heavy bolters)

Non-GW armored transports. One of these will serve as the command tank for my regiment, and I have already crowned it with trophy racks around the main hatch.

15 PL, 279 points

Daemonically possessed armored sentinel (autocannon)

I need an excuse to paint the bad mother I showed off earlier in this thread.

3 PL, 57 points

Five Longknife kindred x2 (stalker marauders with two sniper rifles)

I have converted those kroot not using sniper rifles to use lasguns.

PL 4, 34 points

N6BVaM9.jpg?2

Grand total is 59 PL, 962 points. I know it doesn't look like much now, but gimme a couple of weeks...

A bit earlier than usual - I will not have the time to update later today...

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Some work in progress shots...

16_B35_E6_E-3182-4955-_BFF8-49_E287779_B

Thunderhawk almost finished, used epoxy resin in most of the gluing.

2738_BF55-34_D2-4666-92_FF-_D749_C59_D9_

Troopers slow going... a lot of knife work to achieve the ‘lambs world 117th’ effect.

Need to finish this vow with enough time to spare as I have a few extra bits I’d like to add to get us over the finish line!

Will greenstuff gaps later today and get ready for priming on the weekend. I must say it is without a doubt the best forgeworld kit I have ever assembled. Minimal problems and a dream to put together over these last few days. If you can afford one to add to your collection I would recommend it.

6_B7421_D3-4341-4_F57-9185-_FB36_C9_C79_

Edit: small update not worthy of new post... magnetising the attack wings:

1_AF3_DBC0-8196-4327-_B39_A-8_A947762797

71_F2_E740-_D87_F-492_A-_B939-9_F19_ECAB

THIRD BLACK CRUSADE UPDATE

LY0fI7r.jpg

It seems we are winning ground and have now equaled the participation levels of previous Black Crusades - but not in terms of points vowed!

As such, we need more participants AND higher Soul Vows!!

Our Forum suffers from lower than average vows - while we also have less participants than our only real rival: the Space Marines Forum.

As such, we can only win by completion rates. And June is a CRUCIAL month for that.

So...

Join the Black Crusade and make your Soul Vow

Get painting

Complete your vow

Revow

And repeat!!!

gallery_29004_9703_78134.png

tenor.gif

Will greenstuff gaps later today and get ready for priming on the weekend. I must say it is without a doubt the best forgeworld kit I have ever assembled. Minimal problems and a dream to put together over these last few days. If you can afford one to add to your collection I would recommend it.

6_B7421_D3-4341-4_F57-9185-_FB36_C9_C79_

Good to know it's not a :cuss to put together... I am surprised to be sure.

So good luck with it man, it's truly a challenging task!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

zzvCL5k.jpg?1

c9Opcx8.jpg?1

ZWPFSTC.jpg?1

That is an awesome looking tank. Reminds me of a German Jagdtiger which is one of my favourite tanks in ww2. :tu:

That is an awesome looking tank. Reminds me of a German Jagdtiger which is one of my favourite tanks in ww2. :thumbsup:

Thank you! That really warms the cockles of my swollen heart; it was meant to take visual cues from the heavy German tank destroyers!

Getting there slowly... bases completed on Hell Blades, Arvus Lighters and Thunderhawk. Paint was supposed to be on the big bird already but this is where we are as of tonight:-

3_C2_A4_C0_E-5967-43_A8-_B73_C-43_DEB64_

At least she is ready for a battle now.. wakakakaka...

A traitor's work is never done. Progress pic time.

k3QHwFX.jpg?1

The Antikythera class Chimera variant. This one serves as the regiment's command vehicle, denoted by its crown of thorns around the main access hatch. I still need to do a bit of detail work (like a bright red X over the scuffed up Aquila), but this is 90% done.

UMCuuWT.jpg?1 
One of the Russ battle tanks. Still need lots of detail work/cleanup, but you get the gist of where its going. The tau helmets will be bright blue, the colors of the Sa'Cea sept... one of my good friends plays them and my traitors have faced these foul aliens a few times now (although that was editions ago when railguns were still frightening).

b1DIs4V.jpg?1

Group shot. Looking forward to getting the armor done so I can have a proper looking column of rusty yellow bawkses.

Archived