+++The Lost and the Damned Outpost+++

Captain Semper

Those look amazing Azekai - they perfectly convey the feel of overworked and weathered vehicles but at the same time there is something otherworldly about them. They are so Chaos! :D

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Thanks for the kind words Tamika, Semper-

Another status update, this time on my 'stalk tank' style sentinel. It is meant to be crawling over a heap of dissolved mortals. I need to glue a zombie head or leg in there, but I am not going to do it tonight.

qGPuyNp.jpg?1

Other than that it is basically done, I might apply a final layer of gloss on the bug legs and tail, but that tends to photograph poorly in my experience and I wanted to take a pic now for posterity.

Any progress to report? 

Aye, Cap, some.

Alpha, Beta, and Gamma are done... at least until they fire their guns in anger and earn more trophies:

gtCkp2u.jpg?1

Now I just have to work up the impetus to finish my marauders (they are about half-done, but I am dragging my heels on the detail work, like always). An apostate's work is never done.

Any progress to report? 

No :wallbash:

moving house is taking up more time than I had allowed for... along with a seperate vehicle I am needing to build for this weekend. I might be able to start next week...

What's with all these 'moving house' excuses? The gods don't care where you live!! You can move house when you're done sacrificing completed miniatures to CHAOSS! :wink::tongue.:

Seriously though: We need to get some more completions if we are going to want to dent the advance of the Loyalists. :tu:

What's with all these 'moving house' excuses? The gods don't care where you live!! You can move house when you're done sacrificing completed miniatures to CHAOSS! :wink::tongue.:

Seriously though: We need to get some more completions if we are going to want to dent the advance of the Loyalists. :thumbsup:

I worship Slaanesh and she demands a pleasure palace :biggrin.:

I will try my hardest to finish soon.

OK guys, good to see some progress but remember: Week 9 is over! 

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Glory to the Lord of All, I finished my longknives, which means vow 2 is complete.

g9eUJUd.jpg?1

This kindred of unfortunate mercenaries fed on unclean meat and are now bound to the will of the Pestilent One... even if they don't yet know it. If you look closely, you can see that I re-armed 6 of the kroot marauders to carry lasguns, while the snipers are still carrying their slug rifles.

Group shot for the completed vow:

cedBacm.jpg?1

Got my 3rd and final vow ready to go and will post it soon; I am looking forward to celebrating Independence Day by building more tiny rebels.

Alright, I am setting the oath-breaking guard aside for now to focus on some brand-spanking new chaos knights. Not that painting lasguns isn't fun, but... I really love hulking evil robots.

http://share.gifyoutube.com/yxodpP.gif

Vow 3: I, Azekai, once again lift my glue and paint spattered talons in the name of E Tenebrae Lux and the Pox Father. I vow to paint two traitor knights in the colors of House Malinax. Should I fail I will be rendered into grease to better serve the lords of Xana II.

cR1ilii.jpg?1
Mendicus Somnum, traitor knight with stormspear rockets, avenger cannon, heavy stubber and chainsword;
Not sure how armored/unarmored I want the Beggar's Dream to be. Note the Nurgle-esqse crest on the shield made from those little skull knob things.
439 points

8XydNMC.jpg?1
Acus Falx, traitor knight with stormspear rockets, heavy stubber, and two rapid fire battlecannons;
This sweet child of ruin is still in the box... but not for long. Both Xanite knights are going to be covered in spikes very soon, because I hate smooth lines almost as much as I hate the Emperor's lapdogs.
547 points

Vow 3 total: 986

Thanks, y’all!

Akrim, the transports are from a bag of police officer figures l picked up for a song at hobby lobby.I l bought several bags and have 7 or 8 of the things. This isn’t the same kit but you can see the toy’s original colors/decals here:

http://www.prestoimages.net/store30/rd4597/4597_pd2715754_5_dscn0011.jpg

That knight is awesome. I especially like the feeder claw type blades jutting from the head. What parts are those?

Thank you! I simply took the skull-crane bit from the Mechanicum terrain piece that is part of the Renegade kit. Pretty easy job, once I built up a stump of a spine with wires, the tail of a Talos engine and a generous heap of Gorilla glue; actually bought a second loose 'head' on Ebay so my knights will match. Might use the saved faceplates for another project.... possibly on Armigers, if I choose to get a couple of those down the road.  I might chain scuffed up faceplates to a knight's hull or have them hung on spikes, so maybe one of my Malinaxi will end up like a deranged robotic happy mask salesman.

While I am rambling along at 3 AM, might as well mention that that I want alternate avengers, preferably with long, unspooling ammo feeds... something like this:

s-l400.jpg

The GW gatling cannon out of the box is far too staid and prototypical (it has a shield, for gods' sakes, who needs that??). Something grungier and more threatening will fit the bill very nicely indeed.

My second knight, Acus Falx, has legs... now I just need that head to arrive along with another shipment of trophy spikes.

Congratulations for your completion Azekai and for your brave follow-up!

I just want to remind everyone that we are in Week 10 - so let's see some fist-vow completions!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived