+++Age of Darkness Loyalist Outpost (AoD-L)+++

+++AGE OF DARKNESS LOYALIST OUTPOST+++

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_6_Poster_02_Forum_AOD_Loyalist.jpg

Welcome to the Age of Darkness – Loyalist (AoD-L) Outpost. AoD-L belongs to the “Age of Darkness” Faction (AoD). Here is the home for those Horus Heresy fans of a Loyalist inclination. 

HERE IS WHERE YOU MUST POST YOUR VOWS

Here you must also post your “before” and “after” pics of your vows as well as any WIP you may want to share. You may also use this thread to discuss the progress of the event with your fellow participants, exchange ideas, offer and receive modelling/painting advice and generally have some ETL–related fun!

You can vow any Units from all official Black and Red books or PDFs (even experimental) – provided the points are taken from the latest version. 

IMPORTANT NOTE: THE COLOURS OR LOYALTY AND TREACHERY
The only limitation is that participants of the AoD-L Outpost cannot choose units explicitly labelled “Traitor”. Other than that, there is no restriction. You can paint whatever Legion or other HH sub-faction you like provided you respect the condition above. 

IMPORTANT NOTE: TITANS ARE TITANS
It is a fact that the AoD Faction will suffer from a discount in points vs. 40k for similar units. This is not viewed as an overwhelming handicap in general, but we believe it is especially unfair for Titans. As such, for Titans and Titans only, the AoD faction will be using the 40k points, i.e. 

• Warhound: 2,000pts
  • Reaver: 4,000pts
  • Warlord: 6,000pts 

IMPORTANT NOTE: ALWAYS USE THE LATEST PUBLICATION TO SELECT AND PRICE YOUR UNITS
This means that if there is an update of any Red book or a new Black book that revises pre-existing units during the life of the event, then all vows made AFTER the release of the updated book must be priced according to the new book. Also, any official PDF releases relevant to Horus Heresy are also admissible (even if experimental) until an official publication that contains them is released. 
Before you post you vow make sure you familiarise yourself with the ETL VI rules. You can find a link to the ETL VI rules below: 

ETL VI RULES

+++DEATH TO THE TRAITORS!+++

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_VI_Top_Banner_.jpg

++List of Participants++

Caillum: Vow 1 (700)
Checkmate: Vow 1 (887) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (450) COMPLETE
Elzender: Vow 1 (652)
Eternal Despair: Vow 1 (1,020) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (1,525) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (2,155) COMPLETE | Vow 4 (1,345) COMPLETE
Grand_master85: Vow 1 (884)
Hellrender: Vow 1 (3,585)
IronBars: Vow (430) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (720) COMPLETE
Kordhal: Vow 1 (340)
lokkorex: Vow (1,273) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (770) COMPLETE
Lord Commander Eidolon: Vow 1 (823) COMPLETE
marine7312000: Vow 1 (2,225) COMPLETE
MindOfMetal: Vow 1 (1,308)
our_baz: Vow 1 (325) COMPLETE
Raeho: Vow 1 (125)
Semper Fortis: Vow 1 (440) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (800) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (850) COMPLETE | Vow 4 (989) COMPLETE | Vow 5 (120) COMPLETE
Slips: Vow 1 (985)
Soldier of Dorn: Vow 1 (150)
Sol_Invictus: Vow 1 (410)
SonofCarnelian: Vow 1 (315)
StruManChu: Vow 1 (1,380) COMPLETE
Studio Silvernale: Vow 1 (1,365) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (1,537) COMPLETE
TheStatusJoe: Vow 1 (400) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (380) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (1,025) COMPLETE | Vow 4 (210) COMPLETE
Trokair: Vow 1 (910) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (1,185) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (1,785) COMPLETE
Phatsquirre1: Vow 1 (660) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (140) COMPLETE
Vazzy: Vow 1 (385)
Viridia: Vow 1 (155) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (400) COMPLETE

I, Trokair, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Loyalist in this Age of Darkness and vow to complete for the all-glory of the Omnissiah one Archmagos Malagra and its attended Thallax and Ursarax Cohorts as detailed below and coming to a total value of 910 points as described in Taghmata Red Book on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring eternal glory for the Omnissiah and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker for as long as the Omnissiah decrees.

Archmagos Prime Malagra 270p

Cyber-familiar, Jet Pack, Abeyant, Djin-skein, Master Crafted Paragon blade, Power fist

Thallax Cohort 145p

3 Thallax, 1 with Phased Plasma-Fusil

Thallax Cohort 145p

3 Thallax, 1 with Phased Plasma-Fusil

Thallax Cohort 165p

3 Thallax, 1 with Multi-melta, Destructor

Ursarax Cohort 185p

3 Ursarax, 1 with Power Fists

gallery_29932_12734_31322.jpg

gallery_80005_11673_13151.jpg

I, MindOfMetal, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Loyalist in this Age of Darkness and vow to complete for the all-glory of the Emperor a random mix of stuff as detailed below and coming to a total value of 1308 points as described in the Red and Black Books on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring eternal glory for the Emperor and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker.

1 Contemptor-Achillus Dreadnought with dreadspear and 2 twin linked adrathic destructors 270pts

1 Legion vindicator 120pts

9 Legion Veterans 148pts

7 Iron Havocs with missile launchers 270pts

1 Castellax with multi melta and siege wrecker 125pts

1 Magos Prime with machinator array, photon thruster, archaeotech pistol, cyber familiar and macrotek 190pts

1 Magos Prime with machinator array, plasma fusil, archaeotech pistol, cyber familiar, lacrimallus 185pts

Draws paintbrush... :ph34r.:

I, Phatsquirre1, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux and vow the following for the loyalist faction, in honor of Lord Guilliman, the color blue, (da ba dee, da ba dai) and Him on Earth:

FDxaERf.jpg?1

1x Land Raider Phobos with Frag Assault Launchers (240)

1x Sicaran Arcus Strike Tank with Lascannons (245)

1x10 Tactical Marines (Whose heads, right hands, and bolters are evidently still on back-order from your friendly local armorium...), but will eventually be bolters, vexilla, extra ccw's, and Sergeant with Artificer armor and power axe. (175)

This vow, which totals 660 points from the AOD books, is sworn to be completed on or before August 1, 2018. Success will bring glory in the eyes of Guilliman and Him-on-Earth, failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker.

I, Viridia, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Age of Darkness Loyalists and vow to complete one unit of 10x Tactical Marines, with extra CCW and a Power Weapon, of total value 155 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

iron_warriors_tac_squad_basecoat_2_of_2_

For the IVth that was! For the Imperium dying! Death to the Traitors!

Hail, brothers! It's a beautiful thing to see the Loyalists' rank swell.

I, StruManChu, being of daring-do and chipper spirit, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE Lux on the side of the Loyalists in the Age of Darkness, and vow to complete for the all-glory of the Emperor a force of the Throneworld's greatest Praetorians, the Imperial Fists, of 1,380 points total value, on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

I'm trying to do as many Force Org slots per vow as I'm able, to make sure I'm not just doing the fun stuff. All of these units are taken from the master Army List I wrote up a little while back for my Imperial Fists, which is currently sitting at around 7,000 points. I'm not going to be able to do all that in the three months we have, but I'll do as much as I can. Honour demands no less.

Master of Signals with Artificer Armour, Power Sword & Refractor Field - 130
Terminator Squad (5) with 5 x Thunder Hammers and Vigil Pattern Storm Shields - 310
Veteran Tactical Squad (5) with Nuncio-Vox, Melta Bombs and Heavy Bolter. Sergeant with Artificer Armour, Power Fist - 180
Breacher Squad (10) with 2 x Flamers. Sergeant with Artificer Armour, Power Fist - 245
Seeker Squad (5) with 4 x Combi-Flamers & Nuncio-Vox. Sergeant w/ Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs - 220
Land Raider Phobos with Auxiliary Drive - 235
Bunker - 55
Total - 1,380.
gallery_67188_8872_546604.jpg
I won't be able to sign off this post with the enthusiasm that I want to without getting told off for rude words, so I'll simply say this...
Ave Imperator!

Well, here it goes again. I have been debating what side to join, part of me wanted to join the traitors because it would allow me to do my hybrid 30/40k Death Guard alongside my beloved Emperor's Children. However, my Emperor's Children are loyalists and as such I can't sully them....

My master plan that has never really born fruit was to do a crusade era force, pre Istvaan. I managed to get a decent size of EC done last ETL but haven't really managed too much since. Now is the time to win glory for the Phoenician and the Emperor! The pledge will be a bit cheeky in some sense as it will allow me to finish off half done units - notably the veterans who I have 4 done.

My assault marines will be a mix of MK2 and MK4 because I have 1 'Vanguard Vet' elite assault marine done as a concept model and the others have been sat gathering dust as I tried to source parts, so I will add to this unit and start building my MK2s - of which I just have 5. Hopefully over the course of the ETL I'll manage to get a 'veteran unit' and a regular unit of MK2s - meaning 20 marines, but at this stage it will be a vow for 10 of mixed marks.

I, Eidolon, Lord Commander of the Third Legion, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Loyalist in this Age of Darkness and vow to complete for the glory of the Emperor and Phoenician a fast attack/air assault themed force as detailed below and coming to a total value of 823 points as described in the Red and Black Books on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring eternal glory for the Emperor and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker.

++ The Age of Darkness (Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List) [823pts] ++

+ Elites +

5 man Legion Veteran Tactical Squad [210pts]: 4x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Melta Bombs, 4x Power Weapon, Weaponmasters

. Legion Veteran Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Combi-weapon, Power Weapon, Volkite Serpenta

+ Troops +

10 man Legion Assault Squad [243pts]: Combat Shields, 9x Legion Assault Space Marines

. Legion Assault Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Combat Shield, Plasma Pistol, Power Weapon

10 man Legion Tactical Squad [190pts]: 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox, Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade

. Legion Tactical Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Power Fist

+ Fast Attack +

3 x Legion Jetbike Sky Hunter Squadron [180pts]: Melta Bombs, 3x Space Marine Sky Hunters

. Sky Hunter Sergeant: Phoenix Spear

+ Legion +

Legiones Astartes: III: Emperor's Children, Loyalist

Rite of War: Sky Hunter Phalanx

++ Total: [823pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

http://i65.tinypic.com/219v41z.jpg

I marine7312000 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Age of Darkness Loyalists and vow to complete Blood Angels units below of total value 2225 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end
Legion Praeotr with Command Squad 400 pts
Praetor Gear
Jump pack, Mastercrafted thunderhammer, bolt pistol
Command squad
Comabt shield, power weapon, powerfist,charnal sabre
Assault Squad (20 models) 370 pts
Sgt with artificer armor plasma pistol, power weapon
inferno pistol x2, power axe
Tactical support squad (5 models) 100 pts
Rotor cannons
Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (2 models) 380 pts
Dreadnought 1 with dual kheres
Dreadnought 2 with dreadnought CCW and twin-linked heavy bolter
Dreadnought Talon (3 models) 440 pts
Dreadnought 1 with dual twin-linked autocannons
Dreadnought 2 with dread CCW and twin-linked lascannons
Dreadnought 3 with dread CCW and plasma cannon
Deredeo Dreadnought with Autocannon battery, Aiolos Missile Launcher and twin-linked heavy flamers 220 pts
Sicaran tank with Accelerator autocannon and heavy bolter sponsons 185 pts
Vindicator Siege tank with dozer blade, combi-bolter, twin-linked bolter 130 pts

I owe pictures of the standard bearer from the command squad and the tactical support squad. Here are the rest:

dEL6pNW.jpg

91B3jzX.jpg

ZcVFuon.jpg

Finally adding picture of the support squad and standard bear.

sN6JnOe.jpg

I, Slips, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Age of Darkness Loyalists and vow to complete:

• The Primarch Rogal Dorn (385pts)
  • The Aetos Dios, dedicated transport of Rogal Dorn (600pts)

of total value 985 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

AVE IMPERATOR! AVE DORN!

image.jpg

I, Eternal Despair, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Loyalist in this Age of Darkness and vow to complete for the all-glory of the Emperor a random mix of Iron Hands as detailed below and coming to a total value of 1020 points as described in the Red and Black Books on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring eternal glory for the Gorgon and to the throne. However failure will bring the wrath of the Gorgon upon myself and to doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker.

20180501 150827[1]

Points breakdown:

Xiphon Interceptor - 205 pts 

Xiphon Interceptor - 205 pts 

Contemptor dreadnought: Heavy Conversion Beamer, dreadnought close combat weapon with inbuilt combi bolter - 210 pts

Contemptor dreadnought: Heavy Conversion Beamer, dreadnought close combat weapon with inbuilt combi bolter - 210 pts

Legion Dreadnought: Flamestorm Cannon, Chainfist with inbuilt meltagun, 2x Hunter Killer missles, Frag Assault Launcher - 190pts

I, Caillum, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the Loyalist side of the Age of Darkness Forum and vow to complete Cassian Dracos Reborn - Avatar of the Sacred Flames, Xiaphas Jurr - the Prophet of Fire, N

I Elzender, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Loyalists of the Age of Darkness and vow to complete the following units for the Imperial Fists:

- A siege breaker equipped with artificer armour, three phosphex bombs, a bolter, a thunder hammer and a boarding shield

- A ten man breacher squad with a sergeant equipped with artificer armour, melta bombs and a power axe, two gunners with a meltagun and a flamer, a vexilla and a nuncio-vox carrier

- A vindicator equipped with a dozer blade and an auxiliary drive

- A land speeder with a multimelta, heavy bolter and a hunter-killer missile

Amounting to a total of 652 points, I swear on my blood and my honour to complete them on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

z9Hq4WO.jpg?1

For Dorn!

("Better" pictures in the spoiler)

Siege breaker

5mD9aru.jpg?1

xLDpZ7d.jpg?1

(The red circles show the phosphex bombs)

Breacher squad

var544p.jpg?1

Land Speeder

QdjTWaG.jpg?1

Vindicator

lbRRfAg.jpg?1

I'll have to create the dozer blade from scratch.

The "auxiiary drive"  :sweat:

EZxrVwu.jpg?1

Some of the infantry models need minor touch-ups, the land speeder driver needs and arm, and I'll also create a new hatch for the vindicator. Hopefully I'll have everything ready to prime during the week!

And so it begins...

I, Semper Fortis, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Age of Darkness Loyalists and vow to complete:

-Legion recon squad of 5 for 190 points:

sniper rifles, nuncio vox, and cameoline cloaks

-Cataphractii terminator squad of 5 for 240 points:

Sgt with power fist and grenade harness, chainfists x4, heavy flamer

for a total value of 440 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring eternal glory to the VIIth Legion and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

For Dorn and for the Emperor!

Brothers, this will not sbe my last vow, nor shall I fail in any vow. A true son of Dorn perseveres (and uses effective time management).

gallery_86689_11936_817114.jpg

gallery_86689_11936_1033392.jpg

Edited to add pics.

Small update, I have gone into this event without really having a colour scheme in mind other than some vague ideas. I am using a grey metal as my main colour and I was going to use one or two other metals for various details. So here is a colour test of the four none grey metal paints I found in my box. From left to right, Scramming Bell, Retributor Armour, Sycorax Bronze and Runelord Brass.

gallery_29932_12734_83362.jpg

Which one do you lot think is the best to proceed with. The red and gold metals have good contrast and I think they will work; however the bronze is a little closer to what I had in mind but in the end none of them are quite right, and maybe one of the copper colours would be better.

Any recommendations?

As much as I like the strong contrast of the second from the left, the one on the right looks more Mechanicumy, if you see what I mean, and the blue then becomes the standout/contrast colour for the model.

I'm gonna agree with Viridia, the left ones are too strong in my opinion, whereas the two on the right (and specially the runelord brass) blend better, and are similar to most mechanicum paint schemes. Maybe you could use the retributor armour to paint just the coils and some details on the weapon, and use the runelord brass for the rest of parts? Maybe this way the weapon will pop out a bit, but the contrast will not be too strong.

Another suggestion: maybe you could try the stronger colours or a golden tone for the "faceplate", if you don't want to do it black.

I IronBars, techpriest of primus forgeworld Ryza rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the AoD Loyalists and vow to complete Questoris knight warden with stormspear rocketlauncher and meltagun (rank scion martial) of total value 430 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Before picture:

945927_sm-.jpg

I, LokkoRex, scion of the Lord of Iron, Perturabo, recognize my fathers faulty loyalty, and vow to complete the following for the glory of humanity and the IVth Legion of old. Success will bring aid in the fight against the corruption of the Warp and its denizens, failure will bring doom to humanity and mark me as Oathbreaker until my peers decide to end my punishment.

Iron Within, Iron Without Brethren, Death to the Warmaster.

Consul Siege-Breaker with Cataphractii Terminator Armour and a Thunder Hammer – 140 points

Consul Siege-Breaker with Refractor Field, Artificier Armour, Power Fist and a Combi-Meltagun – 145

Cataphractii Terminator Squad with 4 Combi-Meltaguns, 2 Thunder Hammers, 3 Chainfists and a Heavy Flamer – 263 points

Tartaros Terminator Squad with 2 Reaper-Autocannons, Power Fists and Sergeant with Power Sword – 410

Castellax Maniple with 2 additional Castellax Battle-Automata - 315

Total Points vowed: 1273

Full Vow:

gallery_60230_9650_147912.jpg

Tartaros Terminator Squad:

gallery_60230_9650_140519.jpg

HQ and Cataphractii Terminator Squad:

gallery_60230_9650_170282.jpg

Castellax Maniple:

gallery_60230_9650_66120.jpg

EDIT: don't know how to post images...

I, our_baz, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the Loyalist side of the Age of Darkness Forum and vow to complete for Vulkan and the XVIIIth Legion:

1 Legion Champion (w/ plasma pistol and pw sword) 115pts

1 Terminator Squad (Cataphtactii armour, 3x combi bolter, 4x pw fist, 1 x Hvy Flamer, Sgt pw sword and Dragon scale storm shield) 210 pts

Total Vow: 325 pts

gallery_72518_11677_166553.jpg

Archived