+++Age of Darkness Loyalist Outpost (AoD-L)+++

No regret, no mercy! Strike fast, strike hard is the motto for the 59th Siege Assault Company, and first blood proves it! Come on loyalists! Throw back the traitors!

Edit; just realised my second vow shows as 220 points @Captain Semper, that's actually just the Deredeo's cost, with the Praetor/Warsmith it comes to 400 points together. I'll update the total cost of that vow to make it clearer.

fixed! ;)

I Studio Silvernale, Knight of the Silver Serpent, vow to add to my Alpha Legion in the following:

Contemptor Cortus (2x TL volkite culiverns) [165 pts]

Centurion - Consul/Saboteur (volkite serpenta, combat augment array) [125 pt]

Centurion - Consul/Champion [85 pt]

Centurion - Consul/Signal [85 pt]

Headhunter squad (x10) [300 pt]

Command Squad (standard, 2x chosen w/ combi-bolters) [120 pt]

Exodus [115 pt]

Whirlwind Scorpius (extra armor) [115 pt]

Deimos Predator w/ lascannon sponsons (extra armor) [135 pt]

Damocles Command Rhino (extra armor, HK missile) [120 pt]

So that adds up to 1365 points already? Could someone double check my points, I might have borked something.

alpha_legion_characters_by_kasumidoll-dc

Start of Exodus and the saboteur. Trying to figure out a good way to do their camolieon cloaks.

First color on the tanks is all I have so far

alpha_legion_armor_by_kasumidoll-dcaqd23

** Edit - adding contemptor start pic

alpha_legion_contemptor_by_kasumidoll-dc

Welcome Studio Silvernale - good luck with this hefty vow! 

So, this is the last Sunday before the first Weekly Update in Tuesday (or Wednesday). So if you want the AoD-L to have a strong showing in that update, place your vows fast! :smile.:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I've had a big batch painting session going on the weekend. I've actually done a lot of Death Guard, which isn't helping the vow! However the white pre-highlight is necessary for the Emperors Children so I've done 4 of my vets and the jet bike riders!!

http://i68.tinypic.com/250th8m.jpg

No pads or helmets, as the vets will all have white. Not sure what I'll do for the riders yet, but I need to get some more Phonecian pattern helmets, so I'll probably use them!!

Well done Virida, and good luck with the Dread and Warsmith.

Looks like we are all making some good progress.

Any way quick update, next I am going to experiment with the gemstone paints and see if they work how I imaged that would.

gallery_29932_12734_74803.jpg

and a group shot.

gallery_29932_12734_134203.jpg

Edit: fix picture link.

Seeing as everyone is putting up progress shots here is a quick update of my progress 

20180507 142918

So for the dreadnoughts the black armour is done and the base for the silver is as well

20180507 143147

however the xiphons only have the black armour done 

Hopefully by Wednesday night the silver on all of them will be 100% done 

Colour test 2, Gemstone paints.

I have not quite got the knack yet but so far they are looking alright. I plan on using the green on energy stuff such as reactors, plasma coils and so on. The blue for the helmets and red (on a silver bases and not a gold bases as recommended) for a light orangey effect for lenses and so on. On the Ursarax, I tried both red and green on the sharp part of the claw, the green would go better with the ‘energy’ components theme, thoughts?

Top row is with white flashlight on camera, the second same scene but with lamplight, just to show how well the gemstone effect hold up in white and yellowish light.

gallery_29932_12734_29405.jpg

Edit: Fixing that picture link again, I really must get better at this.

My first weekly update

Looking good. If all of us keep up at least your level of commitment we'll kick butt. You've inspired me to work harder.

BTW, I'm fairly sure the Captain meant his weekly stats update. We don't have to do WIP pics.

hahaha! Yes, I meant my weekly update - sorry, I take some things for granted... Great progress though! :tu:

Here's the deal: 

Every week I put up a newsletter called the Weekly Update" where I present the situation of the ETL as a whole and give some strategic advise to the Forums and Factions. That way people can have a feeling where things are heading... 

and speaking of which:

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Aww too late

Finished my first vow

947211_sm-Knight%20warden.jpg

947213_sm-Knight%20warden.jpg

Need to do the base edge heraldry will be done after the rest of the knights.

New vow tomorrow

Well, we collectively beat the Traitors in this first round, and (with the traitors support) threatened several of our 40k descendents. Let’s keep the momentum going.

Personally I would like to see more Mechanicum, both loyal and dark. Both Legions with a few Mechanicum support units and full on Magoses (Magosi? My Imperial Gothic cogitator has blown a fuse).

Who doesn’t love robots, literal lighting guns, fearsome engines and a fetish for red robes :tongue.:

Well, we collectively beat the Traitors in this first round, and (with the traitors support) threatened several of our 40k descendents. Let’s keep the momentum going.

Personally I would like to see more Mechanicum, both loyal and dark. Both Legions with a few Mechanicum support units and full on Magoses (Magosi? My Imperial Gothic cogitator has blown a fuse).

Who doesn’t love robots, literal lighting guns, fearsome engines and a fetish for red robes :tongue.:

'Magi', I think :happy.:

And yes, the more Mechanicum the better!

Well lets go with a second vow.

I ironbars re-vow to the etl one Auxillia Valdor tankhunter with 2 multilasers (310) and one Questoris Knight errant with stormspear rocketlauncher (410) to be competed on or before 1st august 2018

Before picts

https://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/947534-.html

https://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/947533-.html

'Magi', I think :happy.:

And yes, the more Mechanicum the better!

Thank you.

How are you doing with your Juggernauts?

Not good :( The traditional grey/red scheme for the Legio Audax is actually proving quite hard to pull off, and I'm not happy with how my Juggernauts are looking. Thinking about changing my paint scheme (and fluff) to something more in my wheelhouse. 

Ah, that’s no good. If the colour scheme is not working then defiantly change it, trying to paint an army in a scheme that isn’t working is only going to lead to disinterest and it won’t get finished. I had that last year with my marines in Loyalty and Treachery, the scheme had not worked out as I had envisioned, the three units I finished and the rest of the 100 or so marines have been in their box ever since as I haven’t come up with a replacement scheme that I am happy with yet (that and I turned to other projects)

As for fluff, I am sure you will find something, worse case you take the current fluff and twist it until it works until something more natural comes along.

Aww too late

Finished my first vow

947211_sm-Knight%20warden.jpg

947213_sm-Knight%20warden.jpg

Need to do the base edge heraldry will be done after the rest of the knights.

New vow tomorrow

Amazing work - the orange and white works brilliantly! Good luck with your follow-up vow too! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived