+++Age of Darkness Loyalist Outpost (AoD-L)+++

Lord Commander Eidolon, on your Seraph Strike Squad the second one from the right looks amazingly like the Grinch who stole Christmas. I have been whistling the theme song for the last half hour, curse you. :)

So can I make my 2nd vow and move the command squad to it since it might be a couple weeks before the minis arrive?

Yes, the deadline is for new participants. Once you have a vow in before the deadline you may make new vows (up to 5 in total (including the first) at any time until the end of the event. Keep in mind, vows must be sequential i.e.

gallery_106786_14606_586683.jpg

[/hidden]

This only took me forever to post, because I thought I did it a week ago, but I didn't. Just uploaded the photo, then went on vacation.

I, The StatusJoe, hereby rise to the challenge of ETL, and pledge to paint, for the glory of our primarch, Roboute Guilliman.... Roboute Guilliman to earn for the Loyalists 400 points. Should I succeed, Honor and Glory to the XIII Legion, and if I fail, I shall display the badge of the oathbreaker.

Welcome StatusJoe and good luck with Roboute! :tu: You may make a new vow at any time (provided you declare the previous one complete!

I, Raeho, pledge a squad of Raven Guard tactical marines,the full pointage of which I will calculate at a later time.

Just getting this in before the deadline!

OK raecho, your vow is registered! Now work out the points and let me know... ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

OK vow #2 consists of the following loyalists:

Consul - Medic (85 points)

Consul - Delegatus (artificer armor, MC bolter with banestrike ammo, power sword) (92 points)

Consul - Forge Lord (volkite charger, cyber-familiar) (110 points)

Consul - Librarian (mastery 3, artificer armor) (145 points)

Cataphractii command squad (standard, 4x chosen, 5x PF, 1x reaper autocannon) (220 points)

Destroyer squad (5x Mk IV; 1x rad launcher) (185 points)

Heavy Support squad (10x autocannon) (285 points)

Heavy Support squad (5x missile launcher) (160 points)

Heavy Support squad (5x heavy bolter) (135 points)

Total: 1417 points

Heads are from the chaos defiler, with the neck cut down so it will fit inside the kastelan torso, while face plates are the "knightly" ones with horns cut and trimmed off. The shoulder pads are indeed from the centurion kit, but i carved and filled away the aquilas and details from them.

I'm gathering parts for another maniple in the future, using the skull masks, with darkfire cannons made out of kataphron torsion cannons and kastelan incandine Combustors and siege wreckers made out of lascutters and the kastelan gun arms.

Thank you; it is amazing what difference removing the horns make. I look forward to that second squad.

Vow 2 Complete

Still learning the ins and outs of the gemstone paints and the agrellan earth but defiantly getting better. Also had fun with the orange, was a nice break from all the metal.

Group shot

gallery_29932_12734_130280.jpg

A close up on the Thallax and Ursarax units.

gallery_29932_12734_60186.jpg

And a close up of the Archmagos Reductor and Calleb Decima, not sure what I did but the last few pictures I took are a little out of focus, sorry.

gallery_29932_12734_19489.jpg

gallery_29932_12734_12551.jpg

Consul - Delegatus (artificer armor, MC bolter with banestrike ammo, power sword) (92 points)

Cataphractii command squad (standard, 4x chosen, 5x PF, 1x reaper autocannon) (220 points)

OK Silvernale, please note that you cannot make a new vow before you complete the previous one. Now unless you've reported a completion which I missed, please refrain from working on the new vow before you declare a completion to your previous one.

Vow 2 Complete

Still learning the ins and outs of the gemstone paints and the agrellan earth but defiantly getting better. Also had fun with the orange, was a nice break from all the metal.

Hidden Content

Group shot

gallery_29932_12734_130280.jpg

A close up on the Thallax and Ursarax units.

gallery_29932_12734_60186.jpg

And a close up of the Archmagos Reductor and Calleb Decima, not sure what I did but the last few pictures I took are a little out of focus, sorry.

gallery_29932_12734_19489.jpg

gallery_29932_12734_12551.jpg

Congratulations man! :tu: Beautiful work and very orange-y! :lol: Any more follow-ups?

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

OK Silvernale, please note that you cannot make a new vow before you complete the previous one. Now unless you've reported a completion which I missed, please refrain from working on the new vow before you declare a completion to your previous one. 

I just asked if I could and you said yes!

I tried to message you and it said action failed and won't let me try again.

I had asked (a couple times) if I could go ahead with 2nd vow since the minis I need for the command squad are on order and may take a couple weeks to get here. You said yes, so I've already started on the 2nd vow minis. Maybe you can reduce my 1st vow by 120 points for the command squad and call it complete, and I'll just add that to the 2nd vow?

** 1st vow edit

removal of command squad (120 points) makes the vow total 1365 and is complete

** 2nd vow edit

addition of command squad (120 points) makes the vow total 1537 and in progress

Consuls - delegatus & medic

etlvi_wip_04_by_kasumidoll-dcd9csk.jpg

Consul - forge lord

etlvi_wip_05_by_kasumidoll-dcd9cvb.jpg

destroyer squad

etlvi_wip_06_by_kasumidoll-dcd9cy1.jpg

2 heavy support squads (10x autocannon & 5x missile launcher)

etlvi_wip_07_by_kasumidoll-dcd9d18.jpg

Unfortunately the nozzle of my H&S evolution cracked and all I could do with my Paache VL is blast a coat of primer and basecoat until the replacement arrives.

Still learning the ins and outs of the gemstone paints and the agrellan earth but definitely getting better.

They are looking great. Is that Agrellan Earth 'straight out of the pot' or have you shaded and/or highlighted too? I'm asking so I can copy.

I had asked (a couple times) if I could go ahead with 2nd vow since the minis I need for the command squad are on order and may take a couple weeks to get here. You said yes, so I've already started on the 2nd vow minis. Maybe you can reduce my 1st vow by 120 points for the command squad and call it complete, and I'll just add that to the 2nd vow?

I really want to see more of Silvernale's Alpha Legion. And I have heard it say that the Heresy Train has no brakes, so we don't want to wait for the post.

So @Captain Semper - how about allowing a swap of the command squad for (say) the destroyers? Roughly same points/difficulty? Work on Destroyers to complete vow 1 and wait to make vow 2 - the picture shows only basecoat so they are not really started yet in the ETL sense.  Command squad can then be added to vow 2 or vow 3 depending on when they turn up?

Still learning the ins and outs of the gemstone paints and the agrellan earth but definitely getting better.

They are looking great. Is that Agrellan Earth 'straight out of the pot' or have you shaded and/or highlighted too? I'm asking so I can copy.

First of I varnished the bases with Ard’ Coat (though any varnish should work). I was not particularly tidy with this and just ensured that most of the base had had some. The reason for this is that the Agrellan Earth cracks better if it is on a smooth surface and the natural texture of bases would hinder its cracking ability and you would end up with smaller/finer cracks.

I did a thin coat of Drayd Bark on the base to be a backing colour, any dark colour will do and as my figures a primed in Leadbelcher I needed to darken something as it will show through the cracks. The GW Manger who I spoke to for advise on Agrellen Earth said that any earthy colour is good, so dark browns, greens and dark reads can work.

I then applied the Agrellen Earth straight out of the pot. It has to have a little bit of thickness or it will not crack or crack only very fine. In a few places I used a bit of watered down Agrellan Earth to smooth out or remove thickness. I can’t say for certain about 1mm or 2mm of thieckness should work, it settles down as it dries.

Leave to dry for many many hours, I always applied the Agrellan Earth as the last thing in the evening and let it dry overnight or even to the next evening.

I then washed in Agrax Earthshade making sure it goes in all the cracks. In areas where there are few or no cracks I would leave little puddles of Agrax. Nuln Oil comes out much darker and Reikland Flesh gives a red tinge if you prefer. I have not tired any other shades yet.

Once this had tried I would do a drybruch of Zandri Dust and then a very light drybruch of Ushabti bone. I generally avoided the puddles when drybrushing and be heavier on areas with lots of cracks or lager cracks.

If you can get a spare base or two (I used some old square fantasy ones) and play around with this so you can get a feel for the thickness and how that then crakes as well as the colour range as you wash and drybrush.

I have been told, but have not tried it, that if you use a bright red/yellow backing colour, then apply the Agrellan Earth quite thick and once dry/almost dry paint the agrellan black/ash you can do a molten lava effect.

Hope that helps.

Vow 3 – All the Robots!

I, Trokair, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Loyalist in this Age of Darkness and vow to complete for the all-glory of the Omnissiah all the Automatas I own as detailed below and coming to a total value of 1,785 points as described in Taghmata Red Book on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring eternal glory for the Omnissiah and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker for as long as the Omnissiah decrees.

Castellax Battle-Automata Maniple 390p

3 x Castellax, Enhanced Targeting Array, 2 Flamer

Castellax Battle-Automata Maniple 280p

2 x Castellax, Multi-Melta, Power Blades, Enhanced Targeting Array, 2 Flamer

Castellax Battle-Automata Maniple 300p

2 x Castellax, Darkfire cannon, Enhanced Targeting Array, 2 Flamer

Vorax Battle-Automata Maniple 295p

2 x Vorax, Bio-corrosive ammunition, Frag Grenades, Enhanced Targeting Array

1 x Vorax, Irad-Clenser, Bio-corrosive ammunition, Frag Grenades, Enhanced Targeting Array

Domitar Battle-Automata Maniple 220p

Flak missiles, Frag Grenades, Paragon of Metal

Thanatar Sige-Automata 300p

Enhanced Targeting Array, Paragon of Metal

gallery_29932_12734_45474.jpg

So, that is all the 30k robots that I own, I expect it will take me significantly longer to paint all these compared to the previous vows.

Nice work Trokair! You are just powering through those vows :thumbsup:

For my part I've completed my 1st vow, and am currently preparing a second.

Librarian:

gallery_78168_12782_220905.jpg

Siege Breaker:

gallery_78168_12782_91037.jpg

Master of Signals:

gallery_78168_12782_44269.jpg

Veterans:

gallery_78168_12782_32824.jpg

Cataphractii:

gallery_78168_12782_56352.jpg

And a group shot:

gallery_78168_12782_59280.jpg

I really want to see more of Silvernale's Alpha Legion. And I have heard it say that the Heresy Train has no brakes, so we don't want to wait for the post.

So @Captain Semper - how about allowing a swap of the command squad for (say) the destroyers? Roughly same points/difficulty? Work on Destroyers to complete vow 1 and wait to make vow 2 - the picture shows only basecoat so they are not really started yet in the ETL sense.  Command squad can then be added to vow 2 or vow 3 depending on when they turn up?

Everything is now settled. Please note that this is an one-off solution due to an honest misunderstanding. Do not consider this as a precedent. Vows cannot be changed once made and you cannot have two vows outstanding at any time. 

@ Trokair: All the robots indeed! :o Vow registered - good luck Arch-Magos! 

@ Checkmate: The detail on the Librarian armour was freehand? Looks great! :tu:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

First Contemptor done. Next two started.

gallery_86689_11936_900946.jpg

I couldn't resist the Captain Morgan pose. This is, after all, a very cocky dreadnought. Just check out that gaudy chest plate. Very un-Imperial Fist-like. Haven't decided on a name yet, but he'll have a piece of fluff to go with him.

Nice work Trokair! You are just powering through those vows :thumbsup:

For my part I've completed my 1st vow, and am currently preparing a second.

Thank you, I will need to recharge my batteries before I probably get into this one.

Your Salamanders look well. On the Librarian, did you make the Pyromancer hand yourself?

Looking forward to your second vow, I’d love to see some Pyroclasts if you have any in your arsenal.

Semper Fortis, that is one heavy firepower dread, he deserves some to be heroic from time to time, not everybody can rush into close combat for their glory. :wink:

Your Salamanders look well. On the Librarian, did you make the Pyromancer hand yourself?

Looking forward to your second vow, I’d love to see some Pyroclasts if you have any in your arsenal.

Cheers! For the fireball hand I took one of the open hands from the devastator kit and sculpted flames around it.

I'm afraid I don't have any pyroclasts unpainted, but I do have a couple of tanks ready. I've also got a few other units sitting around, but it's just a case of whether I feel I can get them all done in time. We'll see I guess haha

Archived