+++Age of Darkness Loyalist Outpost (AoD-L)+++

CHECKMATE THOSE SALAMANDERS ARE BEAUTIFUL. YOU ROCK.

(Vulkan livessss)

Came here to say just that, but my brother beat me to it! Those Salamanders are the business!

Cheers guys, I'm glad you like them :blush.:

gallery_106786_14606_97981.jpg

My First Vow has been finished. Roboute Guilliman, Primarch of the Ultramarines has been completed. Here he is, surrounded by some of the XIII, and one of his Praetors. I haven't decided what color to paint the rims of the bases yet, so those are currently undone, but I want to do the entire army at one time, and with one color.

That being said, lets go for vow #2.

gallery_106786_14606_53220.jpg

I, the StatusJoe, rise to the challenge of ETL once again to bring honor to the XIII. I pledge these two dreadnoughts, Each of these Dreadnoughts comes to 190 points, for a grand total of 380 points.

Courage and Honor, brothers. We will not allow the traitors to best us.

For my second vow I pledge:

- A landraider Phobus with multi-melta, and an auxiliary drive (250pts)

- A Sicarian Venator with an auxiliary drive (200pts)

For a total of 450pts

gallery_78168_12782_403715.jpg

Great progress all around guys & gals!

@ TheStatusJoe: Nice completion and follow-up vow registered! Good luck!

@ Checkmate: Some heavy support reinforcements there... Excellent! :thumbsup:

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Here is a before of my Veteran Sgt! He wasn't in the initial photo as I'd not decided on what to do with him.

http://i64.tinypic.com/inzhqf.jpg

I think I'll need to alter his points as WYSIWYG doesn't match.

My veterans are all done, just a jewel or two to gloss up on the banner and armour. I'll also have 5 Mk4 tacticals ready for pics soon. My 5 MK2 tacticals are all 'pinked' up. The assault marines are almost done, my 5 mk4 'pseudo veterans' are mostly done, just the white helmets to finish off and the remaining 5Mk2 assault marines are all pinked up! So my infantry contingent is progressing nicely!

Now, Capt Semper, I'm not happy with the pink/purple of my half done FW Scimitar pattern jet bikes - I over saturated it with ink and the pin stripe has blurred out my transitions from pink to purple. Currently the pink Doesn't match the latest batch of marines so I'm going to have to strip them down and re-do - I'm too much of a perfectionist!! Can I put this in the vow instead of the 3 jetbikes. I'd initially planned on using the custodes bikes as my scimitars were way past initial stages of painting. It won't affect anything points wise as they were down as scimitar pattern in the pledge anyway, i'll of course post the before pics!! I just can't bare to look at my stuff ups on my painting table!

Here is a before of my Veteran Sgt! He wasn't in the initial photo as I'd not decided on what to do with him.

http://i64.tinypic.com/inzhqf.jpg

I think I'll need to alter his points as WYSIWYG doesn't match.

My veterans are all done, just a jewel or two to gloss up on the banner and armour. I'll also have 5 Mk4 tacticals ready for pics soon. My 5 MK2 tacticals are all 'pinked' up. The assault marines are almost done, my 5 mk4 'pseudo veterans' are mostly done, just the white helmets to finish off and the remaining 5Mk2 assault marines are all pinked up! So my infantry contingent is progressing nicely!

Now, Capt Semper, I'm not happy with the pink/purple of my half done FW Scimitar pattern jet bikes - I over saturated it with ink and the pin stripe has blurred out my transitions from pink to purple. Currently the pink Doesn't match the latest batch of marines so I'm going to have to strip them down and re-do - I'm too much of a perfectionist!! Can I put this in the vow instead of the 3 jetbikes. I'd initially planned on using the custodes bikes as my scimitars were way past initial stages of painting. It won't affect anything points wise as they were down as scimitar pattern in the pledge anyway, i'll of course post the before pics!! I just can't bare to look at my stuff ups on my painting table!

You will be painting the same units twice then? Fine by me! :lol: As long as you strip it, you can recycle it - no problem. A pity, because you could paint something else instead, but mistakes must be corrected - even as big as three jet bikes! :)

Finish the second, then make another one. Vows must be sequential i.e. you may never have two outstanding vows at the same time and may not be changed once made (apart from correcting mistakes). 

Finished my Tartaros Terminators yesterday, moving on to my Cataphractii Terminators and Siege-Breakers, which are halfway done.

Pics soon-ish.

@Iron Bars, nice weathering on that Valdor. Did you use oils? And if so, what color?

Iets thypus corrossion thinned to a wash and some stippeling effect. Kind of an experiment that turned out beter than expected.

And today in the hobby... I didn't get a blessed thing done. My dumb-butt dairy cow decided to bust the fence and take her calf for a walk in the woods. Half a day chasing through the woods, the other half fixing fence. Really ticked at her because I was rolling on the last dread. Base colors blocked in, shading/blending done, and started on the details. I really wanted to have this vow done before this week's cutoff.

Anybody want a stupid cow cheap?

A bit earlier than usual - I will not have the time to update later today...

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived