+++Age of Darkness Loyalist Outpost (AoD-L)+++

Alrighty then Vow 2 is complete.

These guys were a blast to paint but the feel like they took forever especially when I couldn't paint for a week,

anyway time for pictures.

The praetors, chaplain and praevian 

20180613 234642

The Breachers 

20180613 234522

The Heavy support marines with missles

20180613 234412

The Heavy support marines with Volkite Culverins 

20180613 234234

And finally a nice big group shot of the Vow 

20180613 235033

I plan on doing another another Vow, just waiting on supplies and models to arrive to help make my decision on what to vow next 

Right on mate, lovin' those breachers in particular.  Warmaster knows I have a soft spot for breachers and volkites, so absolutely awesome work.  Definitely doing the Iron Tenth proud! Actually, I don't think I've ever seen an underslung proteus launcher actually used before.  Looks great.  Seriously nice work you lot!

I mean ahemGaaaah loyalist dogs your doom comes!  I'll see you at the dropsite.  That is, if you have the stomach for it! 

Ah, exams are all over and I can get some more painting done. So how has everybody else been?

TheStatusJoe, nicely done, one blue Primarch ready for war. Is he holding the scabbard in a power fist? I always thought he was just holding it in his hand but looking closely that looks like a power fist. He must have some really fine motor control sensors in that fist to not crush the scabbard.

Semper Fortis, that is some nice intense yellow on the two contemptuous.

Iron Bars, Happy Tank Hunting.

Lokkorex, good work on the Tartarus, I look forward to seeing a better picture in due course, and your robots as well of cause.

Kordhal, nice use of primaries bodies on those Blackshields, also is that a Deathguard head on the second marine?

Eternal Despair, are there going to be any robots in your next vow for the Praevien to command?

Silvernale, lovely Alphas as always.

Beautiful bases. Is it the Martian Ironcrust?

The bases actually use a mix of Martian Ironcrust and Martian Ironearth in different parts of the base to give it a bit of variety to the look of the base, It also helps that they are dead easy to do.

Step 1. Cover the top of the base in GW Doombull Brown

Step 2. Place randomly in different spots of the base GW Martian Ironcrust and GW Martian Ironearth, make sure it goes on decently thick so that it gives you some nice big cracks

Step 3. Once the texture paint is dry, I usually leave it overnight to make sure it is completely dry, wash the base with GW Reikland Fleshshade.

Step 4. Drybrush the base with GW Ryza Rust

Step 5. Rim the bases with GW Abbadon Black

Sorry I don't have any pictures to go along with the steps but I hope this helps 

Good to see you back Trokair, and glad you survived exams. Had you noticed that we are still carrying the highest SCR, and combined AoD the highest completion rate, on the weekly update?

Aside from losing two days to chasing cows (one chasing, one recovering) I have been working diligently. Last Contemptor done but for a tiny bit of detail and basing. Should be able to post completion some time on Friday. I'll have my next vow ready by the following morning.

Aaaaaand here's vow 3:

I, Semper Fortis, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Age of Darkness Loyalists and vow to complete:

-Leviathan dreadnought for 335 points:

Cyclonic melta lance, grav-flux bombard, volkite calivers, phosphex discharger

-Deredeo dreadnought for 255 points:

Plasma cannonade, ailos Missle Launcher

- Destroyer squad x5 for 260 points:

Jump packs, missle launcher with rad grenades, Sergeant with phosphex grenades

for a total value of 850 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring eternal glory to the VIIth Legion and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

For Dorn and for the Emperor!

Deredeo & destroyer squad before pic

gallery_86689_11936_839671.jpg

Leviathan up shortly... apparently not as shortly as I thought. Internet acting up again.

gallery_86689_11936_959373.jpg

And that messy forest of ?things? is actually my Leviathan before pict with the black primer pieces still damp.

Holy Emperor I detest autocorrect

Some excellent work going on here guys! These dirty traitors won't know what hit them....

More dreadnoughts?@ Semper Fortis! You maniac!! I really need to do some of mine! I feel shamed you've got so many!!

Great effort Silvernale, some nifty Alphas there! Lovely blue - but I'm liking the bases! Where did you get them?!

I'm plodding along with my vows - out of my 25 marines they've all been airbrushed and about 19 are either done or nearly done -- my 10 vets are the real time sink, with all the little details, and I made a rod for my own back doing vexilas!! Silly me!

Why oh why did I have to do over elaborate bases.... that's what's really holding me up

Well I've cracked out the light box, not entirely happy with the results but it looks like a matt varnish photos better. I'll have to try a few more settings/adjustments. It really isn't coming out bright enough! Nothing a few filters don't fix....

Anyway, here is a pretty average tactical marine - love the simplicity of these after the veterans! Of my vow, all my 5 mkiv are done, just need to base them - which is a mission in itself....

http://i63.tinypic.com/f0up15.jpg

I love MKii armour, especially with the phonecian pattern helmet! Thankfully I've got enough for a squad of 10! Although this vow sees 5 of these and 5 of the vets!

http://i68.tinypic.com/ih6zir.jpg

Satin varnish isn't showing up so well, but I've got 3 of these guys done and the rest just needing the white armour added! I think it'll look a striking unit!!

http://i67.tinypic.com/4nt2.jpg

Cataphractii Complete:

gallery_60230_9650_11013.jpg

First Vow Complete:

gallery_60230_9650_151525.jpg

Trokair: Sorry i haven't been able to take better pictures, gonna try and take some better pictures in the future, maybe once ETL is finished and i've finished some more vows, and fixed up my Praevian ( it wouldn't be right not to show the dogkeeper with his hounds now, wouldn't it? :) )

BlueBelly1863

BlueBelly1863 & Semper Fortis: Thanks for the likes guys!

moving on, i'll be busy assembling some selucid thorakites, finishing my Spartan and Sicaran, and assemble some plasma support squads and Iron Havocs.

Iron Within, Iron Without Brothers!

Send the traitors to the warp they hold so dear!

Excellent stuff lokkorex - congratulations on the completion and look fwd for the next one! :yes:

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Alrighty time for vow 3 

I, Eternal Despair, once more rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Loyalist in this Age of Darkness and vow to complete for the all-glory of the Emperor a random smattering of Iron Hands as detailed below coming to a total value of 2155 points as described in the Red and Black Books on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring eternal glory for the Gorgon and to the throne. However failure will bring the wrath of the Gorgon upon myself and to doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker.

Points Breakdown 

Land Raider Battle Squadron: 2x Land Raider Phobos, 2x Armoured Ceramite, 2x Auxiliary Drive, 2x Blessed Autosimulacra - 530pts

Land Raider Battle Squadron: 2x Land Raider Phobos, 2x Armoured Ceramite, 2x Auxiliary Drive, 2x Blessed Autosimulacra - 530pts

Vindicator Battle Squadron: Squadron Command Tank, 3x Vindicator Tank, 3x Armoured Ceramite, 3x Blessed Autosimulacra, 3x Extra Armour, 3x Machine Spirit, 3x Mine Plow - 605pts

Sicarian Battle Tank: Armoured Ceramite, Auxiliary Drive, Blessed Autosimulacra, Lascannon Sponsons - 245pts

Sicarian Battle Tank: Armoured Ceramite, Auxiliary Drive, Blessed Autosimulacra, Lascannon Sponsons - 245pts

Total Points 2155 points

All The Tanks 

20180621 214306

Holy Emperor's Legions!

In the week 7 update Captain Semper said:

"AoD_L

One word: BRAVO! At the mid-point of the event, without commanding the highest number of participants or points pledged you have managed to i) have a completion rate of 30%, ii) a re-vowing rate of 38% and iii) maintain a high average vow. All those components led to AoD-L achieving the highest score in the ETL at the mid-point of the event. And not by a narrow margin either! You guys have shown the commitment and enthusiasm for which the AoD community is renowned and it delivered results. Congratulations, but keep it up. We have as much to go through as we have already done – so do not allow fatigue to settle in. Go forth and you may become the top Forum among all Forums irrespective of Faction! "

We're on fire! (In a good way) ;) This should give some of you guys still working on first vows some real motivation. We could actually win this thing if we stay focused.

The bases actually use a mix of Martian Ironcrust and Martian Ironearth in different parts of the base to give it a bit of variety to the look of the base, It also helps that they are dead easy to do.

Step 1. Cover the top of the base in GW Doombull Brown

Step 2. Place randomly in different spots of the base GW Martian Ironcrust and GW Martian Ironearth, make sure it goes on decently thick so that it gives you some nice big cracks

Step 3. Once the texture paint is dry, I usually leave it overnight to make sure it is completely dry, wash the base with GW Reikland Fleshshade.

Step 4. Drybrush the base with GW Ryza Rust

Step 5. Rim the bases with GW Abbadon Black

Sorry I don't have any pictures to go along with the steps but I hope this helps 

Very helpful thanks - might try something like this if I ever get to vow 2 ...

Alrighty time for vow 3 

I, Eternal Despair, once more rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Loyalist in this Age of Darkness and vow to complete for the all-glory of the Emperor a random smattering of Iron Hands as detailed below coming to a total value of 2155 points as described in the Red and Black Books on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring eternal glory for the Gorgon and to the throne. However failure will bring the wrath of the Gorgon upon myself and to doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker.

Points Breakdown 

Vindicator Battle Squadron: Squadron Command Tank, 3x Vindicator Tank, 3x Armoured Ceramite, 3x Blessed Autosimulacra, 3x Extra Armour, 3x Machine Spirit, 3x Mine Plow - 605pts

Total Points 2155 points

All The Tanks 

A big vow there Eternal Despair - this is going to be a challenge! Good luck to you! :tu:

Vow 2 done

Finised warden knight

Hidden Content

956137_sm-Warden%20knight.jpg

And total vow

956140_sm-.jpg

Valdor tankhunter and questoris knight warden for a total of 720 points

They look fantastic! The heraldry on the Knight especially is really eye-catching - it must have been very difficult to pull it through! Congratulations man! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Just a quick update:

The Land raider is all done except for transfers, and I'll put those on both vehicles at the same time.

gallery_78168_12782_100838.jpg

The Venator has it's base coat done on the green and I've made a start on the silver.

gallery_78168_12782_162303.jpg

Archived