+++Age of Darkness Loyalist Outpost (AoD-L)+++

Just to let you know, the Chaos Marines Forum has leapt forward in a big way... You really need some serious completions to keep up with them for the Week 9 update...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I won't make it for this week's cutoff, but I only have one more red to put down before the airbrushing is done and then its on to detail work. I updated my original post with pics of the remaining models outstanding from my vow.

Great progress everyone - but I have to hit the alarm button. You do need some completions because you're slipping... It's not too late yet but Week 10 may be crucial...

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Ashamedly, I've gotta say that due to circumstances outside of my control, I'm not going to be able to fulfill my vow. (ordered some models for the conversion I had planned for my vow as part of a group order, and because of a variety of issues, said models are currently in Japan and likely not going to be able to make it here before the end of August.) A model in hand is worth two in the bush, or in Asia Major, as it were.

Sorry chaps. Good luck with the ETL!

And vow 4:

I, Semper Fortis, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Age of Darkness Loyalists and vow to complete:

-Achilles-Alpha for 300 points:

Standard load out with volkite

-Tartaros terminator squad x5 for 264 points

Reaper autocannon, combi-weps x2, combi-bolter x2, chainfists x4

Sergeant with thunder hammer, grenade harness

- Destroyer squad x5 for 280 points:

Jump packs, missle launcher with rad grenades, Sergeant with phosphex grenades x3

-Moritat consul for 145 points

Volkite serpenta x2, jump pack, artificer armor, refractor field

for a total value of 989 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring eternal glory to the VIIth Legion and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

For Dorn and for the Emperor!

gallery_86689_11936_386258.jpg

gallery_86689_11936_169766.jpg

The moritat and destroyer squad bravo are currently performing ablutions in the bathing chamber. Their picts will be up tomorrow.

Edited because I can't type worth a fig.

Moritat and his destroyer squad had their bath, partially primed.

gallery_86689_11936_1041297.jpg

Edited to add second pre pict.

Edited yet again because I had the total points wrong...

Hello all,

Turns out I have to say that I am back again, having been a little absent of late on account of some unwanted attention from Papa Nurgle, just glad to be better now.

I hope all your projects are coming along, and hopefully better than my own.

So it seems that we Loyalist have hit a bit of a low point, let’s rally for the last four weeks (well three and a half if I counted correctly) and show them what the we can achieve for the Emperor and the Omnissiah. We can do this.

Lord Commander Eidolon, for all that you say that your photos are not that good the marines look good. The shading and transition of the purples looks way better than anything I could do.

Lokkorex, no worries, if you could let me know once you have that would be great.

Eternal Despair, that is a lot of heavy armour!

Iron Bars, another great knight. I may have asked this before, if so my apologies for troubling you again, but how do you get that orange?

Silvernale, from the look I assume those are the FW autocannons that where discontinued. If so they look a lot better then I though they did, oh why did I not buy some when I had the chance.

Checkmate, you have some very crisp tanks there, nice.

Marine7312000, keep up the good work.

Solider of Dorn, So sorry to hear that, I hope the parts for your Praetor will turn up eventually. As Fortis said, life happens.

Semper Fortis, that is a lot of firepower in those dreads, again. How many dreads do you have? Is the yellow on the Destroyers deliberately so dark, it looks almost brown in places? Good luck with your fourth vow, looking forward to that Achilles-Alpha.

My own meagre update, seven Castellax with some base colouring.

gallery_29932_12734_87367.jpg

Lastly, if I may, I would like to ask all of you, that vowed for the Loyalist and have no completed your first vow yet, to show us all your progress. We are with you. No matter how little or much you have been able to do, just show us; just seeing how we all get on can be a great motivator. Even if you have not finished you may inspire another frater or get some tips or advise.

@Trokair, I currently have 5 Contemptors, 1 Deredeo, and 1 Leviathan dreads. All but one are courtesy of ETL VI.

As far as the destroyer squad, it's hard, dirty, contaminated work. These guys are more than a little crazy and they don't wash up after work. My bad photography doesn't show all the various chemical and rust stains. In other words, it's my head cannon for destroyers, but they are yellow under all that muck. ;)

My second vow is now complete.

Hidden Content

Landraider:

gallery_78168_12782_447687.jpg

Sicran Venator:

gallery_78168_12782_424058.jpg

Congratulations on your completion - these look great man - and cool freehand too! :tu:

Ashamedly, I've gotta say that due to circumstances outside of my control, I'm not going to be able to fulfill my vow. (ordered some models for the conversion I had planned for my vow as part of a group order, and because of a variety of issues, said models are currently in Japan and likely not going to be able to make it here before the end of August.) A model in hand is worth two in the bush, or in Asia Major, as it were.

Sorry chaps. Good luck with the ETL!

Worry not Soldier of Dorn, this is the reality of the ETL - sometimes life disrupts our plans. It's just the way of things. Next year then?

Vow 3 complete.

Hidden Content

gallery_86689_11936_1075578.jpg

Vow 4 incoming.

Congratulations Semper Fortis - a great completion and an equally hefty follow-up? You make Dorn proud!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived