+++Age of Darkness Loyalist Outpost (AoD-L)+++

Brilliant work, mates. C'mon, we might be 'against' each other, but we know the true enemies... the Astartes faction! We can get 'em, yet!

Veeeeery nice Slips, very nice. The new Hawk kits are just fantastic. Gonna make lil' bird with its gear down, or put a flight stand on it? (the 10" round clock stands from Michaels works well).

Not sure yet, if I can give it a sort of cradle to hold it onto the flight stand then yeah. Will keep the gear down for when it hovers or is in a display case.

Brilliant work, mates. C'mon, we might be 'against' each other, but we know the true enemies... the Astartes faction! We can get 'em, yet!

I agree with Vykes, brothers. (Well, sort of, kinda, in a lets-pretend-he's-not-a-traitor type way.) Let's pull out all the stops and complete as much as possible. If you're mates with any of the frater with incomplete first vows, please give them a nudge. We need their help.

We have less than 13 full days left so don't make any crazy last minute vows and risk shooting yourself and the AoD in the foot.

And in a related vein, here's Destroyer Squad Bravo with Squad Alpha behind so you can see they're two different units...

gallery_86689_11936_73082.jpg

And now to finish up the Achilles-Alpha.

edited because I can't type

I, LokkoRex, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Imperium during the Age of Darkness and vow to complete the following:

gallery_60230_9650_1344888.jpg

-Captain Semper, Praetor of the Legion of the Dark Angels, w/ Iron Halo, Plasma Pistol & Master-Crafted Paragon Blade - 180
-Contemptor Dreadnought w/ 2 Kheres Assault Cannons & Havoc Launcher - 220
-Legion Predator Destructor w/ Sponson Heavy Bolters, Havoc Launcher, Hunter-Killer Missile, Extra Armour, Armoured Ceramite & Dozer Blade - 145
-Sicaran Punisher w/ Sponson Heavy Bolter, Armoured Ceramite & Pintle Combi-Bolter - 225
of total value 770 Points on or before Agust the 1st 2018.v Success will bring me glory, but failure will stamp me with the Badge of the Oathbreaker and cast me from the ranks of the imperiums defenders, forcing myself to seek a worthy end against the traitors i failed to fight.

Captain Semper: would you consider yourself Terran or Calibanite? Just wanna know whether to paint your pauldrons green or black.

also sorry for the late 2nd vow, my father got hospitalised and i ended up sick as a dog for two weeks so i haven't exactly been in a painting mood.

@ lokkorex: Good to see you again man, sorry to hear about your dad and your dog-like lines. I hope everything is back to normality now... As for the Captain, although Terran has an inherent nobility, I cannot say no to green shoulder pads... :D So Calibanite! 

@ Studio Silvernale: Well done :tu: This has been a marathon for you no doubt. Yet you maintain the quality throughout the event and so a very model-rich vow through! Congratulations, now sit back and enjoy the wrapping up of the event! :)

The clock is ticking everybody, so let's see some of those first vows getting completed this weekend! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Quick update, most of the gemstone effects are done so now it is just tiding up and basing. It is going to be a busy week.

gallery_29932_12734_85334.jpg

Eternal Despair, nicely done, that’s an impressive tank force ready to roll out.

TheStatusJoe, nice completion.

Lokkorex, good luck, that is not a lot of time to. Also hope that you and your family are better now.

Studio Silvernale, Wow, that command squad looks great. Is that banner freehand?

Great progress with two much needed completions! 

Eternal Despair, this was an amazing completion! A huge boost for the loyalists - and a much needed one! congratulations man!

And TheStatusJoe, excellent to see you complete your second vow thus securing the points of the first one too!

Now shall we see any more completions before the weekly cut-off tomorrow? (especially among the first vows)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Great progress with two much needed completions! 

Eternal Despair, this was an amazing completion! A huge boost for the loyalists - and a much needed one! congratulations man!

And TheStatusJoe, excellent to see you complete your second vow thus securing the points of the first one too!

Now shall we see any more completions before the weekly cut-off tomorrow? (especially among the first vows)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Thanks man! I hit a bit of a brick wall with painting in early July with a much needed vacation to the Blue Ridge Mountains. I may try to sneak in a one-day pledge this weekend. I just assembled a Sicarian Venator I can probably knock out in a day to tack on a few extra last second points. I'll get with you later once my weekend plans come into view. 

That's the styyyle Joe, that's the style! 

Those one day pledges can be absolutely instrumental in helping you loyalists, and all of us in the Age of Darkness!  And Venators are great, great choice no matter the case. 

-hurriedly finishes up some knights, Justaerians, and stares at Perterabo, al hoping for a completion in 12 hours-

That's the styyyle Joe, that's the style! 

Those one day pledges can be absolutely instrumental in helping you loyalists, and all of us in the Age of Darkness!  And Venators are great, great choice no matter the case. 

-hurriedly finishes up some knights, Justaerians, and stares at Perterabo, al hoping for a completion in 12 hours-

ETL is the only place where all 18 Legions fight on one side again, just like the Emperor intended. :P

Besides, I gotta get some stuff done in the next week, what would Lord Guilliman say if I just let three potential pledges go to waste?

Just continuing tidying up the ETL vow. I decided to re-do the pink on the previous jet bikes as It wasn't vibrant enough and the thicker stripe wiped out my nice transitions on nose cone. I need to add some more washes to the gold and just tidy up some of the pink that's leaked onto the

White, but otherwise I'm pretty happy!!

http://i63.tinypic.com/154d6dj.jpg

It'll be good to get these bad boys finished!

Y'got that right, StatusJoe!  See, this is how it's meant to be.  The real enemy is still the 'Adeptus Astartes', us Legiones Astartes get the right of it! Aye, you got three more, I'm jealous as I'm tapped out after completing mine... feel like I should have done more and could have done more.  Lord Gulliman would likely say the same as my Lord Lupercal would.  

Very good Lord Commander, very good.  I still gotta say I love the transition of your Emperor's Children with the light and dark tonal treatment.  The thinner white stripe does bring that gradient out and adds an extra flare.  I'd suggest chipping on the white rather than a full edge cleanup, but then it wouldn't be flawless would it?  :P Seriously good work... 

And blasted good work Eternal Despair, that's one bloody grand completion. 

Beautiful work and awesome completions, everybody! And good to see you back, LokkoRex.

I'm almost done with vow 4. Should be able to call it complete before the good Cap'n posts the cutoff tomorrow.

Vykes, man, are you always this upbeat? :)

You lot have certainly made more than a dent in the past few days, gonna keep us plugging on to get to the top at a trudge rather than a lively little stroll.  Good on ya, eh?  Just as it should be.  Can't have another Istvaan III now, can we?  

Hah, you know it Semper, mate!  Most coffee shop employees want to kill me first thing in the morning for being... well they say 'unholy', but I prefer 'upbeat', too.  Hmmm, going for that cut-off timer, eh?  I may have to challenge your Vow 4 with my Vow 5!  See who can get it done before the good Cap'n makes us stew for another week.  And I don't know about you, but I don't like the idea of having some second found-lings beat us. 

So, you got this!  WE got this!  The others are left overs, the shattered debris from a cosmic collision between the meeting of two true empires of dreams.

-smirks, you did fantastic, Semper Fortis, mate, and I am seriously envious of that Achiles Raider... but I beat ya to the punch by 10 minutes :tongue.:

Post Scriptum: Ah sorry There Slips, I missed that one.  Thought I was right missed but it seems I'm the culprit.  A cradle is a good one but I always worry about balance.  Still, with a good magnet it can work great.  It a Dreadclaw can do it (and a Kharybdis, though I've never seen how and I've never seen one in person) Then a Hawk should be easier as it has more potential contact points... probably. 

Vow 5

I, Semper Fortis, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Age of Darkness Loyalists and vow to complete:

-Praetor with power fist

for a total value of 120 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring eternal glory to the VIIth Legion and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

For Dorn and for the Emperor!

gallery_86689_11936_135210.jpg

Excellent Semper Fortis, excellent! Now let's see some more loyalists completing their (especially first) vows! :tu:

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE 12th WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT TOWARDS THE FINAL SCORE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Look to the skies, brothers. The gates of ETL VI will not fall!

I, Viridia, have completed my vow as laid down upon the 4th of May, and declare that one Deredeo Dreadnought, with Anvilus-pattern Autocannon Battery, Twin-linked Heavy Bolter, and an Aiolos Missile Launcher, and one Legion Praetor, with Combi-Weapon, Warsmith/Servoarm Upgrade, and a Master-crafted Powerfist, of total value 400 points, has been painted to completion!

imperial_fists_deredeo_dreadnought_by_lp

Frater, I have been remiss in not finishing my vow sooner, but sadly the Great Devourer of Hobbytime known as 'Real Life' likes to adminster hefty kicks to the family jewels. I had wished to make a third vow as well, but sadly it was not to be. That said, joining in ETL VI has been a great experience watching everyone pulling together (and pushing with spiky things in the case of the heretics), and it finally kicked off the start of what I hope will be a sizable army of Imperial Fists and Iron Warriors. Glory to Terra! Stone and Iron endure!

Archived