+++Age of Darkness Loyalist Outpost (AoD-L)+++

Update. This is my current situation. Mostly highlighting to do, but I'm running out of available days (stupid RL). My initial mplan was to add a load of free hand scales and flames to the armour, but I may run out time for this and I dont want to rush the process and drop my standards. This is going to the wire :unsure.:

gallery_72518_11677_56187.jpg

Congratulations Viridia - let's hope more of your loyalist brothers follow your example! :)

Now this is the last weekend of the event, make the best of it! :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hah, c'mon Our_baz mate, you can do it!  Where would the age of darkness be without our resident pyromaniacs?  I wanna see them done, too! 

And Marine, mah man, you got a lot of the great Blood Angel kit there.  Deredeos are still some of my favourite, and it's good to see TL Heavy bolters on dreads.  They look great but I just don't see them around much.  That's still a bunch of guys, but you got this, eh?  Blood Angels don't let things down, even when the hour is late and the task is grim (said from the IX- 189th company part of my soul).

And blasted great work on getting that vow done, too Viridia.  RL can always rob one of the sacred hobby time (how I got so lucky is beyond comprehension at this point) but nicely done.  I mean, I'm still part of the Warmaster's crew and that makes me morally obligated to kick down your lots sandcastles, but that doesn't mean I have to be a jerk about it or anything :P 

You got this, can't let us lot have all the fun, right?    

Right, I need to calculate Raeho's somewhat vague vow (he hasn't posted here since then). I assume the minimum size tactical squad (10) with no gear for the sergeant so I'm coming up with 125pts. If Raeho is around and cares to comment, it'll more than welcome...

Once more, I rise to the challenge of ETL. Bringing forth offerings of Independent Characters that will help us make our final push towards victory!

Left to Right

Legion Consul- Herald on Bike with Refractor Field, Gladius Invictus, Artificer Armor, Melta Bombs, Bolt Pistol - 180 Points

Legion Consul- Primus Medicae on Bike with Warp Shunt Field, Artificer Armor, Melta Bombs, Plasma Pistol, Chainsword, Refractor Field- 185 points

Legion Praetor on Bike, Phase Walker, Mantle of Ultramar, Mastercrafted Paragon Blade, Archaeotech Pistol, Digital Lasers, Melta Bombs, Iron Halo- 295 Points

Legion Consul- Chaplain on Foot, Refractor Field, Cloaking Array, Artificer Armor, Melta Bombs, Plasma Pistol, Power Maul Crozius- 180 Points

Legion Consul- Herald on Foot, Nanyte Blaster, Artificer Armor, Refractor Field, Melta Bombs, Plasma Pistol, Power Sword- 185 Points

For a Total of 1025 Points, I pledge this by the end of this weekend.

For the Emperor!

gallery_106786_14606_186932.jpg

A-hah, that's the spirit StatusJoe!  That's it!  

C'mon ya lot, got it in ya to show up those upstarts brats ten thousand years removed from the real fight?!  :) 

Hah, now that's what I call speed.  Definitely riving, and probably beating, Dreagher and I!  They look superb mate, awesome (and that big bad Bobby G is killer, too).  

Hah, now that's what I call speed.  Definitely riving, and probably beating, Dreagher and I!  They look superb mate, awesome (and that big bad Bobby G is killer, too).  

I appreciate it. My XIIIth Legion isn't anywhere near your Sons of Horus, but ETL has definitely helped towards that goal. Maybe tomorrow I'll do that Sicarian Venator we talked about earlier.

On another note, I think next year I will join the traitors, if only to get points for the amount of dead or dying word bearers I have painted on bases and models. 

Loads of great stuff on this thread, but I had to pick out...

Vow 1 Complete, yo!

Many congratulations, StruManChu!  If your experience is anything like mine, I suspect this may dent your hobby time for the next 10 years or so, but then you'll enjoy a renaissance when your son or daughter wants to get into it too.

Once more I rise to the challenge of ETL, this time pledging a tactical support squad of marines

These five loyalists total to 210 points with their melta guns and melta bombs.

Come on loyalists, get your pledges in. Do you really want to play second fiddle to the 40k nerds?

gallery_106786_14606_76871.jpg

That's the spirit, loyalists! And nice one StatusJoe!  I know I sure don't want to get outdone by Abbadon's bilge rats or some soulless fanatical monks eternally detached from the Empirical Dream!

Looking terrific, Lord Commander!  Particularly like the assault legionnaires there.  Very very cool. And I do still love that basing scheme. 

-goes back to working on some more astartes while wondering 3rd, 14th, 15th, or 16th legions-

That's the spirit, loyalists! And nice one StatusJoe!  I know I sure don't want to get outdone by Abbadon's bilge rats or some soulless fanatical monks eternally detached from the Empirical Dream!

Looking terrific, Lord Commander!  Particularly like the assault legionnaires there.  Very very cool. And I do still love that basing scheme. 

-goes back to working on some more astartes while wondering 3rd, 14th, 15th, or 16th legions-

I'm putting my speed painting into gear today. If I can get this vow done, I'll try to assemble something to get a 5th vow in before wednesday.

Hey, Marine7312000, somehow I missed your last post. Nice looking dreads!

StatusJoe, missed yours, too. Nice vow, awesome completions, somewhat scary last vow... dude, don't fall and break your painting arm before that vow's complete. ;)

I hereby declare my fourth vow complete. Where are the rest of my loyalists? Are the Ultramarines going to have to shoulder this burden alone? I see too many incomplete vows, or even incomplete first vows. Have the other loyal Sons of the Emperor abandoned us?

gallery_106786_14606_181244.jpg

Archived