+++Age of Darkness Loyalist Outpost (AoD-L)+++

Lookin' good, our_baz. Can't wait to see the rest. Very nice completion, StatusJoe. Guilliman is proud!

My vow will be there on time, StatusJoe. The VIIth Legion is well represented in this battle. With the protection of the Emperor, and barring intervention of the old gods, I'll be finished tomorrow evening. I've just had a bit of upheaval here on my normally placid homestead these past few days.

For Dorn!

Last part of vow 1 done! My 5 mkii assault marines including Sgt!

http://i65.tinypic.com/2lwktwj.jpg

I've probably doubled my infantry element of the army so pretty happy with the progress - pity I couldn't get more done. I wanted to treat myself to something fun, but struggled with time. Should have done this vow as two lots.

I've probably doubled my infantry element of the army so pretty happy with the progress - pity I couldn't get more done. I wanted to treat myself to something fun, but struggled with time. Should have done this vow as two lots.

Those are some good looking assault troops. I can definitely agree with your last line of splitting the vow into two.

Keep going guys, this is a great momentum you have achieved! :yes:

I assume this is a completion of your vow - they look awesome btw...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Vow 3 Complete

Well, with hardly any time left I can finally declare vow 3 Complete. I had hoped to be in this postion some three or so weeks ago and that I would have time for a fourth vow consisting of some converted tanks and some other stuff. Alas the robots took a lot longer to work on then I anticipated compared to the Thallax and Ursarax.

That said they are finished and the rest will just have to wait for another event to get painted.

I present all the Castellax

gallery_29932_12734_15872.jpg

The Vorax, Domitar and Thanatar

gallery_29932_12734_107061.jpg

Some shots from the back and side of a few, as with the Thallax the energy cores are green, sensors/glass/helmets are blue, and various energy such as melta and laser (and some smaller lenses for variation) are red. I also chose to paint more of the armour panels blue. When I tried it on the Thallax they looked too busy so I just did the shoulder pads in blue but on the bigger robots it helps break them up a bit.

gallery_29932_12734_90031.jpg

gallery_29932_12734_110711.jpg

Bloody good job you lot, definitely picking up in the last few hours before the deep dark that is the final tally.  How much higher shall the butcher's bill be?  

I'm really liking that green metallic for the cores, Trokair!  I know how much macro photography kinda betrays the shiny bits (all the lenses on my 16th lads go really flat but in person they're super shiny).  But I really like the effect.  Aye, after dealing with Thallax I can absolutely see how they can look busy, but those biggn's really do look great with a bit more blue on 'em. And the gribbly mantis bois are always a favourite of mine.  Fantastic work.  

Phatsquirre1, I actually really really like the amount of white on the Sicaran.  Haven't seen one like that before, so really nicely done!  Gah, making me want a squadron of my own. 

StatusJoe did manage to galvanize a lot though -laughs- seriously well done, and veeeery very quick.  Looks great mate :) 

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some 16th veterans shaking their chainswords at me.  The Warmaster wills it!  

Keep going guys, this is a great momentum you have achieved! :yes:

I assume this is a completion of your vow - they look awesome btw...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Indeed it is - I'll try to get a better group pic at some point - I'll post some here and more in my WIP thread! I'll try to head down my local GW this week!

So I clearly must be a very crazy man and while I understand the risks it is time for a 4th vow.

I, Eternal Despair, once more rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Loyalist in this Age of Darkness and vow to complete for the all-glory of the Emperor a random smattering of Iron Hands as detailed below coming to a total value of 1340 points as described in the Red and Black Books on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring eternal glory for the Gorgon and to the throne. However failure will bring the wrath of the Gorgon upon myself and to doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker.

Points breakdown:

Questoris Knight Warden: thunder strike gauntlet, Stormspear rocket pod -435pts 

Questoris Knight Paladin: Stormspear Rocket Pod, thunderstrike gauntlet -425pts

Questoris Knight Crusader: Stormspear rocket pod, rapid fire battle cannon, melta gun -485pts

Total 1345 points

38010073 1854647061281269 6781300992953548800 N

Lord Commander Eidolon, marine7312000, Phatsquirre1, Trokair great completions and beautiful work frater! Ya'll inspire me.

Eternal Despair...... you're waaaay past crazy and well on your way to certifiably insane. I truly hope you get that vow finished before the pleasant gentlemen with the butterfly nets come for you.

You know you have less than 28 hours?

plenty of time Captain Semper :wink:

38072503 1854815657931076 606891351509827584 N

Lord Commander Eidolon, marine7312000, Phatsquirre1, Trokair great completions and beautiful work frater! Ya'll inspire me.

Eternal Despair...... you're waaaay past crazy and well on your way to certifiably insane. I truly hope you get that vow finished before the pleasant gentlemen with the butterfly nets come for you.

All that I can say is that I aim to please.

28 hours to paint 3 knights!! That's brave, best of luck brother.

Thanks baz I think I may be needing some, 

Any how back to painting, lets bring it home Loyalists

-laughs- You got this Eternal Despair, you got this!  Airbrushes make knights possible... I would never want to handpaint one in its entirety.  Definitely looking awesome!  Well done on taking on that challenge!

@Phatsquirre1, Man, I may need to try that with one of my Blood Angels or even Emperor's Children vehicles.  Or change it to black and try it on my Sons of Horus... could work too.  Either way, that is inspiring too so thanks eh!

And great progress (and fantastic praetor champ) Marine. I do love rotor cannons a ton, and it's great to actually see them around.  Wish we had more and proper assault cannons too.  Hmm, I saw one of the assault troopers in there with a pretty wicked back curved dagger.  Dark eldar part?  It looks spot on for Angels either way :) 

-Snipped-

Oh I love these! Glad someone else is using the Anvil Industry heads, I bought some a couple of years ago but ended up leaving them for fear they didn't 'look right'. Your Assault Squad certainly puts paid to that!

I was hoping to paint at least one Iron Warrior for this ETL, and after seeing the superhuman effort of Eternal Despair, I cannot in good conscience allow my favored Legion to sit by the wayside.

Therefore...I activate the Bitter End legion special rule, and pledge to complete one Legion Praetor, with Master-Crafted Thunder Hammer and Artificer Armor, for grand total of 140 points, on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me honor in the eyes of the true Iron IVth, while failure will shame me to wear the badge of the Oathbreaker.

hYljgyF.jpg?1

Vow 5 complete. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, finished.

gallery_86689_11936_18786.jpg

Edited to add: He doesn't have a decal on because I can't get to them. I had an electrician in this weekend to wire my studio. Everything is a total mess in here with stuff piled everywhere. It's going to take me weeks to put it back together again.

Archived