+++Age of Darkness Loyalist Outpost (AoD-L)+++

Marine7312000, those are beautiful BA's! Love that praetor. And that red is perfect for the Legion; it's way better than the bright red. You're gonna make it, brother.

Phatsquirre1, you and Eternal Despair can share a room at the home for insane hobbyists. I look forward to seeing that praetor (before the cut off time tomorrow).

I'll be sure to have Eternal Despair and Phatsquirre1 over for tea, Semper mate :P  -goes back to putting together some deathguard legionnaires-  That is still a terrific model and you did it justice so nicely done.  

I rather like that hammer and helmet choice, Phatsquirre1.  It adds quite a bit, and I can't quite place where I've see the use of the diamond head hammer over the usual square and round ones.  It's cool, very distinct.  

So after the mad rush to get my completion posted yesterday I now have had time to go and have a look at what everybody elses has been up to these last few weeks.

Vykes, thank you. All the gemstone effects are more shiny and reflective then I can show in pictures, the green actually does not suffer as much in the transition to digital picture compared to the other two for some reason, possibly because I used it on the larger areas.

Eternal Despair, you gave me a fright there with a vow for three knights this close to the first. Though form your follow up post I can see that you have made some amazing progress, so good luck and get them finished in the next 19 hours (I think, might be less).

Marine, really like the dark red you have on your angles. Keep going, you are nearly there. Random question, is that a jump pack banner bearer? How does that work, wont the banner affect aerodynamics?

Phatsquire1, I like the matter blue on your Ultras, great completion. Also nice use of the plastic Chaplain and good luck, where is the hammer from?

Nicely done Semper Fortis completing one more vow.

Our_baz, that terminator looks great, looking forward to seeing the squad complete tomorrow.

Lord Commander Eidolon, the hours you have put in getting the pinks and purples right certainly shows, thank you for sharing.

TheStatusJoe, that was a quick turnaround on HQs and the melta support squad.

Hang in there Slips, you can do it.

Now I'm definitely curious on how it's gonna look, Slips!  Gol dis one of those potentially fun (aaaaaand just as occassionally horrifying to do) colours.  So the custodes tell me :P 

Ahhh, Thunderwold thunderhammer head -gets a thousand yard stare, mental flashbacks of two full platoons of imperial guardsmen in battleline, officers screaming for them to pour fire into them amidst a fusillade of rockets and heavy bolters, only for three Thunderwolves to emerge unscatched and routes them all- ... wondered why it was familiar.

Aye, I think you're very likely right that it's the large probably flat surface that shows it well on camera, Trokair. They still look great mate.  

Well done, ya 'orrible lot :P 

I'm nearly finished, contemptor is done, sicaran only needs some finishing touches on its exhausts, Lord Semper just needs some more highlights and touchups, and then it's just the predator, which i only basecoated today!

However i'm confident i'll get it all finished by 17:00, since i originally thought i had to finish by 12:00.

Good luck to you all struggling to finish ETL2018!

I proudly present the completed Storm-Lieutenant Sargeht Rahl, Garrison Master of the 52nd Grand Battalion, IVth Legion Astartes, loyal son of Terra and the Emperor.

ws2skjf.jpg?1

With that, my second vow is complete, and with all honor satisfied, I can lay down my brushes and begin planning for the next campaign...(looking at you, L&T IV :wink:) Perhaps then the Hyparkhos will finally have the chance to spread her iron wings.

Glory to the Throne! Ferrum Honore Veniat!

-Snipped-

Oh I love these! Glad someone else is using the Anvil Industry heads, I bought some a couple of years ago but ended up leaving them for fear they didn't 'look right'. Your Assault Squad certainly puts paid to that!

I loved these helmets when I first saw them and had to think how to use them. I decided they would be used to differentiate my squad leaders. If you look closely, you'll see there are two included in the 20 assault marines in case I decide to split them into groups of 10.

So after the mad rush to get my completion posted yesterday I now have had time to go and have a look at what everybody elses has been up to these last few weeks.

Vykes, thank you. All the gemstone effects are more shiny and reflective then I can show in pictures, the green actually does not suffer as much in the transition to digital picture compared to the other two for some reason, possibly because I used it on the larger areas.

Eternal Despair, you gave me a fright there with a vow for three knights this close to the first. Though form your follow up post I can see that you have made some amazing progress, so good luck and get them finished in the next 19 hours (I think, might be less).

Marine, really like the dark red you have on your angles. Keep going, you are nearly there. Random question, is that a jump pack banner bearer? How does that work, wont the banner affect aerodynamics?

Phatsquire1, I like the matter blue on your Ultras, great completion. Also nice use of the plastic Chaplain and good luck, where is the hammer from?

Nicely done Semper Fortis completing one more vow.

Our_baz, that terminator looks great, looking forward to seeing the squad complete tomorrow.

Lord Commander Eidolon, the hours you have put in getting the pinks and purples right certainly shows, thank you for sharing.

TheStatusJoe, that was a quick turnaround on HQs and the melta support squad.

Hang in there Slips, you can do it.

Shhh, we don't talk about aerodynamics or someone will bring up the flying bricks of the Astartes.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. Spending a few minutes replying here before gluing the bases to cardboard to prepare for painting. After that it will be gluing pieces that popped off back on and calling these done, likely tomorrow morning.

I realized I forgot to address the squad leader's dagger arm. Its actually the arm from the Chosen with Axe from the Dark Vengeance box. 

So. Uh, fun times with primer issues causing the first layers of paint to peel off as I apply subsequent layers is frustrating :censored: :censored:  :wallbash: :wallbash:  :furious: :furious:

@ marine7312000: have you declared a completion yet?

@ our_baz: they look awesome man, congrats!

Give me about an hour Captain. Touchups and basing should be done then.

It ended up being a bit more than an hour, but VOW COMPLETE!!!

ZKV4kYF.jpg

Our_Baz, now that's the way Salamanders ought to look! They're well worth the wait.

Marine7312000, you've captured my mental image of Blood Angels in the dark hours of the Heresy. Well done!

Slips, hang in there. You can do it.

Lokkorex, you can do it brother; I know you can!

And to anyone else racing for the finish line whom I may have inadvertently forgotten: forgive a very tired old woman, but keep pushing forward.

Vow 4 complete.

38085253 1856461944433114 1774770638070743040 N

They called me crazy but I showed them, any how best of luck to all those trying to finish their vows there is still some time left and also thank you all for the encouragement to try and get these knights done 

Edit: whoops wrong picture, the right one is now up, I think I need to finally get some sleep

-whistles and claps- see, now that is motivation too, absolutely stellar work you lot!  

Eternal Despair, aye, crazy maybe but in the best way possible.  Knew ya could do it mate, and they look great, too!  The dual main colouration is subtle enough from afar but still distinct.  

And Lokkorex, those are looking spectacular. Seriously love the weathering, dude.  Using a 40K predator sponson mount eh?  I only just caught that, it looks totally natural and man, I didn't think that was possible, but with the bracketing around the punisher cannon it comes off as looking a lot more in-keeping than the usual deimos pattern minimalist mountings.  And the scratch turret looks a lot like some of that Visions of Heresy artwork, T-55 esque but a little higher.  Awesome. 

It's a pretty tight race right now.  -grips the overhead rails of the Storm Eagle- gonna be close.  

And Lokkorex, those are looking spectacular. Seriously love the weathering, dude.  Using a 40K predator sponson mount eh?  I only just caught that, it looks totally natural and man, I didn't think that was possible, but with the bracketing around the punisher cannon it comes off as looking a lot more in-keeping than the usual deimos pattern minimalist mountings.  And the scratch turret looks a lot like some of that Visions of Heresy artwork, T-55 esque but a little higher.  Awesome. 

Thanks a lot! Yeah, i've never been much of a fan of the round sponson mounts used on heresy-era vehicles, i'm in the process of transplanting phobos mounts to my spartan assault tank, and when i get some standard sicarans i'm gonna use the sponson mounts from the stormraven gunship.

The turret is based upon a guide i found online on how to make your own deimos predators, using just plasticard and pingpong balls, it was great fun building and i learned a lot from making it that i will apply on future turrets.

Archived