+++Age of Darkness Loyalist Outpost (AoD-L)+++

Well, while collectively we are doing well in the ETL, far too much of the AoD success is at the hands of the Traitors these last few weeks for my liking. So let’s get together, finish our current vows in the next two and a bit weeks and bring buck the glory to the Loyalist.

Eternal Despair, well done with those Sicarians.

Right you are, Trokair! While it is most kind of the traitors to assist us in winning the top faction, still, we can't let them run away with the show. ;)

Besides, I am getting truly sick of looking at yellow. Let's see some other colors bloom here.

WIP Tartaros and Moritat almost done.

gallery_86689_11936_1798560.jpg

I bring news of some progress, I'm waaaaay behind on were I had hoped to be. All the flats are down on my vow. Its going to be a rush to gets these done. Heres how the termies look.

gallery_72518_11677_122588.jpg

Tartaros done, except for decals I'll do all together at the end.

gallery_86689_11936_948305.jpg

And the bad news... Would have had a pict of the Moritat, too, but one of his volkite cables snapped as I was bending it. Rats! So now the custom green stuff replacements are curing a bit before I fit them on. I should have made a quick mold of the part before I started just in case that happened. Ah well

Starting on Destroyer Squad Bravo now.

Vow 1 Complete, yo!

In lieu of being able to afford any Matte Varnish until next month, I'm calling these guys done. Pics are hidden behind spoilers tags because there's lots and they're big.

gallery_67188_8872_58052.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_137527.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_112076.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_153045.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_125833.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_28932.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_66615.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_14932.jpg

As ever, please, please forgive the potato-esque quality of my photography.

It seems that every time I attempt the ETL, something life-changing ends up happening. The first one I participated in, back in 2015, was slightly hamstrung by the fact that my wife and I moved to Scotland, which meant I had to pack everything into boxes and had no real idea what I was doing. Following that, we bought a house and moved again during ETL 2016, which meant that, once again, everything needed to go into a box and be hidden away.

When this year's ETL was announced, I swore to myself that I'd get it right this time. That there would be no distractions. Obviously that's not been the case, and I've not been able to participate in this one as much as I would have liked. Absolutely huge respect to Semper Fortis, likely MVP for the Loyalists this year, it has to be said, who checked in with me about a month ago to see if I was still alive or not. Thank you for reaching out!

I am very much still alive. However, it wouldn't be the ETL unless my life went sideways somehow, so let me introduce you to the reason that I've taken so long to get this far -

gallery_67188_11206_24616.jpg

We found out at the beginning of May, and it's knocked us sideways in the best possible way. Definitely not unplanned, but it's been a huge change already. Wife has been very much under all of the side effects, which has meant I've had to pick up a load of the slack around the house in the evenings, which takes away painting time. I'm changing jobs as well, because we found out four days after my wife's contract finished and we're in desperate need of more scratch. I've also had to travel down to London for big chunks of the last two months, and have mostly only been able to take cabin baggage which reduces the amount of liquid I can take with me, so not much painting then either.

All that to say apologies for not being around as much as I would've liked to encourage and push us forward. I would have loved to have been able to knock out another couple of thousand points for the Loyalists.

Still, I got it done. Are we finishing up on the 31st? I'm trying to figure out what, if anything, I might be able to squeeze out for vow 2.

Great work, Stru..... with pics under both spoilers. Congratulations to you and your wife!

I figured out why the volkite cable snapped last night. I knew it was plenty soft and I was gentle with the bend. While waiting for the green stuff to cure, I took a look at the break under magnification. Darned if there wasn't a bubble right there.

Aaaaaanyway, the Moritat now has +1 initiative as a reward for field expedient repair to his equipment.

gallery_86689_11936_196233.jpg

Moritat done. Back to Squad Bravo ==》

<snip>

Are we finishing up on the 31st? I'm trying to figure out what, if anything, I might be able to squeeze out for vow 2.

Stru, I went back to the ETL rules and double checked the ending time. Copied from Captain Semper's post:

"ENDING: August 1st , 2018 @ 17:00 GMT"

(Note to self: that means 12:00 CDT, high noon, for me. Do NOT mess up the time change again!)

Well whilst being quiet I've been working away on the ETL vow - my tactical squad is done, and the assault squad and veterans just need the Sgts! Then I just need to tidy up the jetbikes and it's a job done!!

Here is a sneak peak, just the final details and different coloured pads to go!!

http://i63.tinypic.com/2m34dh0.jpg

Completions should up this week - hope to get to GW to take some decent pics!!

Beautifully done, Lord Commander. I love that old metal marine! Looking forward to seeing them all.

You're churnin' and burnin', Eternal Despair. I wouldn't want to face your army on the table with all that heavy armor,

Vow 1 Complete, yo!

In lieu of being able to afford any Matte Varnish until next month, I'm calling these guys done. Pics are hidden behind spoilers tags because there's lots and they're big.

gallery_67188_8872_58052.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_137527.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_112076.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_153045.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_125833.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_28932.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_66615.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_14932.jpg

As ever, please, please forgive the potato-esque quality of my photography.

It seems that every time I attempt the ETL, something life-changing ends up happening. The first one I participated in, back in 2015, was slightly hamstrung by the fact that my wife and I moved to Scotland, which meant I had to pack everything into boxes and had no real idea what I was doing. Following that, we bought a house and moved again during ETL 2016, which meant that, once again, everything needed to go into a box and be hidden away.

When this year's ETL was announced, I swore to myself that I'd get it right this time. That there would be no distractions. Obviously that's not been the case, and I've not been able to participate in this one as much as I would have liked. Absolutely huge respect to Semper Fortis, likely MVP for the Loyalists this year, it has to be said, who checked in with me about a month ago to see if I was still alive or not. Thank you for reaching out!

I am very much still alive. However, it wouldn't be the ETL unless my life went sideways somehow, so let me introduce you to the reason that I've taken so long to get this far -

gallery_67188_11206_24616.jpg

We found out at the beginning of May, and it's knocked us sideways in the best possible way. Definitely not unplanned, but it's been a huge change already. Wife has been very much under all of the side effects, which has meant I've had to pick up a load of the slack around the house in the evenings, which takes away painting time. I'm changing jobs as well, because we found out four days after my wife's contract finished and we're in desperate need of more scratch. I've also had to travel down to London for big chunks of the last two months, and have mostly only been able to take cabin baggage which reduces the amount of liquid I can take with me, so not much painting then either.

All that to say apologies for not being around as much as I would've liked to encourage and push us forward. I would have loved to have been able to knock out another couple of thousand points for the Loyalists.

Still, I got it done. Are we finishing up on the 31st? I'm trying to figure out what, if anything, I might be able to squeeze out for vow 2.

WOW! Now that's a good reason to fall behind in the ETL! :lol: Congratulations to both, get ready for your life to change for ever (in a good way of course)! Very happy for you both!

Now the ETL ends on Aug 1st at 17:00 GMT - so plan accordingly!

To all: Week 11 ends tomorrow and after that there are only 2 weeks and a couple of days. You really need to wrap it up - especially those who have yet to complete their first vow as this is where the bulk of the points lie...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I'm a bit further behind at this time than I thought I would be. I had planned to finish this first vow by now and submit a smaller vow to get started on my recent purchase of the BoP box. Now it looks like I'll be rushing to finish my first vow.

Brilliant work, mates.  C'mon, we might be 'against' each other, but we know the true enemies... the Astartes faction!  We can get 'em, yet!

Veeeeery nice Slips, very nice.  The new Hawk kits are just fantastic.  Gonna make lil' bird with its gear down, or put a flight stand on it?  (the 10" round clock stands from Michaels works well). 

Archived