+++Age of Darkness Loyalist Outpost (AoD-L)+++

-laughs- I think I have a spare round turret mount that I got from stripping them off a predator at some point.  Now, a phobos mount to a spartan, that'll be interesting to see.  I tend to strip down the phobos mounts and try to make them closer to the pronged Spartan 30K look (though I'm a massive fan of the stupid wide mk.II totally not a British mk.IV sponsons).  Hmmm, I guess the ravens would have those kind of mountings that could fit as they're the same fit, aren't they?  Never thought of that either, usually I just toss the extra sprue before looking at that sort of thing. 

Well you did nail the deimos look and it does look a lot like that old art.  Got plans for a squadron of em by any chance?  Do like that Bradley-esque side mounting too. :) 

-laughs- I think I have a spare round turret mount that I got from stripping them off a predator at some point.  Now, a phobos mount to a spartan, that'll be interesting to see.  I tend to strip down the phobos mounts and try to make them closer to the pronged Spartan 30K look (though I'm a massive fan of the stupid wide mk.II totally not a British mk.IV sponsons).  Hmmm, I guess the ravens would have those kind of mountings that could fit as they're the same fit, aren't they?  Never thought of that either, usually I just toss the extra sprue before looking at that sort of thing. 

Well you did nail the deimos look and it does look a lot like that old art.  Got plans for a squadron of em by any chance?  Do like that Bradley-esque side mounting too. :)

Think i spent two evenings carving out the round sponson holes on the spartan, since then i've slowly built up the surrounding area with plasticard so the phobos mounts can sit smoothly.

A squadron? I'm planning several, six destructors divided into two squadrons, one with heavy bolters, the other with lascannons, then an infernus squadron and lastly a squadron of executioners with heavy conversion beamers, propably gonna try and use the onager dunecrawlers eradication beamers as HCB:s.

That is one impressive goal to do a predator company!  Can't wait to see that eventually get done up too (and clever idea on the HCB via dunecrawler).  Scary, but very cool.  I'm actually trying not to touch preds at all (I may go for one or even two, but using the 40K mkIIC because the angled turret looks close to the angular Sons of Horus stuff.  But then I would want armoured shurzen so it would look like a street fighter, and that kills the sponson which is a massive part of the Preds armament, which then goes back to 'why do I need preds when I could just get 3 more land raiders?').  Do ya happen to have a profile side shot of the Punisher Sic?  Kinda curious how they look from the side :) 

I believe it, those aren't the easiest things to carve into either (where as the doors are flimsy, ugh).  Either way it'll probably work better given how blasted uncomfortably fragile the 30K mount prongs are.

This is a great photo-finish for the loyalists guys, I'm in awe! No time to make mote comments now but suffice to say I need a close-up of that DA Praetor lokkorex! ;)

And Eternal Despair, you shall be renamed Eternal Joy from here on! :P

Don't worry Son of Carnellian - there is a next time! :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

No worries, Carnelian mate, you'll do it next year eh!  I have a feeling a few of us are gonna be saying the same thing today...oh, Ahem, I mean Shaaaaaame, shaaaaame, -tries to find a bell but shies away from any nurgle related- 

Thanks a ton too, Lokkorex! Man, the squad sponson mounts really fits with the Sicarans more than I thought.  It's not as iconic but I think I may actually prefer it... huh.  That's a little scary.  And man that Spartan has got to have taken a while to cut.  It's looking pretty good, though! -ponders a converted sic now, an easy enough pastime after having fun the prelim numbers to the traitor faction- 

I have called upon my logicians, they have read the portents of battle :P 

The loyalists opposition is strong indeed, and I am throwing many of my legionnaires to the wolves of Terra!  

Seriously, the effort here is fantastic.

-whistles and claps- ...

It's a pretty tight race right now.  -grips the overhead rails of the Storm Eagle- gonna be close.

I concur on the whistles and claps. Adds a cheer!

But were I you, I'd sit my butt down and clamp on the seat belt, mate! It's rough!

church-doors.jpg

ETL VI IS OFFICIALLY OVER!

NO NEW COMPLETIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED PAST THIS POINT!

That was a blast, but it's not over yet! I will go through all the Outposts to make a LAST UPDATE later on and then I need to compile the results and present them in a meaningful manner in the Final Report. This will come in a couple of days along with the relevant badges. 

What I need is, after the LAST UPDATE, for each participant to check his/her status in the first page of his/her Outpost and notify me if there is something amiss so I can correct it. Do that publicly in the Outposts as my inbox is filled and I have no time to clean it up. 

Once you check your status lay back and wait for the final report. If you have any questions feel free to raise them. You can freely discuss the event in your Outpost, post pics of your vows and generally have a great and relaxed time until the Final Report. 

Congratulations to all!

Aye Semper mate, I've run the numbers :P  Lets just say I'm skimming through Paradise Lost for my favourite bits (and it's my favourite book). 

So far as I've found. 

“O Prince, O Chief of many Throned Powers,

That led the embattled Seraphim to War

Under thy conduct, and in dreadful deeds

Fearless, endanger’d Heavens perpetual King;

And put to proof His high Supremacy,

Whether upheld by strength, or Chance, or Fate,

Too well I see and rue the dire event,

That with sad overthrow and foul defeat

Hath lost us Heav’n, and all this mighty Host

In horrible destruction laid thus low."

Cap'n Semper, you want us to "lay back and wait" and have a great and relaxed time until the Final Report"? Don't you think that's asking a bit much?

I, for one, am going to jitter and maybe fret a bit until that report comes in. I can't wait to see how it all shakes out.

For those who didn't make it under the wire, there's always next year. If everyone managed to add to their armies, then everyone is a winner.

Edited to add... The good Cap'n has said "next year". That means we're not gonna have to wait two years until the next ETL! Woot!

That really is looking terrific, Semper Fortis!  See, work, and some serious dedication.  The VIIIth really knows how to turn some heads and despite yellow being the devils colour to paint, it turned out perfect.  Aye, ETL and everyone here (and o'r yonder in Camp Contrary with the Warmaster's ilk) really are incredible sources of inspiration.  (Once again, thanks Cap'n!  This is one of those awesome opportunities :) ) .  So thank y'all too!  And now I get to flash that in one of me' mate's faces saying, "You've had six months, so where's your legion at, eeeeeh?" 

Gaaaah, now I wish I hadn't loaned out 3 of the knights I did and Garry to the shop.  May still take a snapshot too and draw in some stick figures with angry faces as place holders till I get them back. 

OH are we supposed to post a group shot? If so, is it just what was done for the ETL or the whole army?

A few of those evil scum on the traitor side were showing their ETL group. I just thought I'd show mine. I'd love to see others if you're of a mind.

Edited to add... heck show the whole army if you like. We're just hanging around here waiting for the Cap'n to post results.

Archived