+++Age of Darkness Loyalist Outpost (AoD-L)+++

I Sol_Invictus rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Loyalist Age of Darkness and vow to complete 10 x Secutarii Hoplites, 1 x Arvus Lighter, and 1 x Ordo Reductor Minotaur of total value of 410 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end. This I pledge for the glory of the Omnissiah! Death to every foe and traitor!

wBUmnzG.jpg

Pretty slow progress from me, mainly due to a prolonged visit from Papa Nurgle. Only manged to get going on my Legion Champion

gallery_72518_11677_40759.jpg

Good to see we are already ahead of those traitorous dogs next door!

progress yesterday, deu to day off and childeren playing and not disturbing me.

Knight is now build mostly 

947613_sm-Knight%20errant.jpg

and with fist ('cause epic had errant with fist but heresy doesn't)

947614_sm-Knight%20errant.jpg

armour plates will be glued when they are painted

EDIT: @ capt Semper, total for my second vow should be 720, sorry for not posting that in my original post

Welcome back Sol Invictus! A big vow there - good luck with it! 

Great progress in the Loyalist camp, but not forget, this is still the recruitment period, so the more you join the better. I believe the Traitors re actually gaining on you!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I made some progress today by getting all but six models primed black. I then realized that cleaning my airbrush used up the last of the cleaner I had on hand. Once I get more cleaner in, next step with be the reds and then the metals. I'm experimenting with airbrush control on these guys and seeing if I can do most of the painting with the airbrush. Two hours of work with the airbrush had all the stuff I have built covered in black.

The gun mount is magnetized so I can use the TL lascannons, although I didn't see that option in the HH book...

There's no option for TL-lascannons on Predators in 30k, it is strictly a post-Heresy development. (Can't believe it took a Mjod-drunken iron priest to realise you could retrofit lascannons into the turret) :dry.:

You could always explore the Magna-melta for extra anti-armour effect, and I am loving the paintscheme on that.

Recon squad done, except for basing. Will do that for both squads together so I only have to clean up the mess once. I'm not happy with this pic. IRL it is dead matte and the cloaks are khaki not white.

gallery_86689_11936_369948.jpg

I got started on the cataphractii this morning. I know it ain't much, guys, but for me this is blazing fast.

Recon squad done, except for basing. Will do that for both squads together so I only have to clean up the mess once. I'm not happy with this pic. IRL it is dead matte and the cloaks are khaki not white.

gallery_86689_11936_369948.jpg

I got started on the cataphractii this morning. I know it ain't much, guys, but for me this is blazing fast.

Haha don’t stress mate! I paint glacierly slow. I’ve done two tanks so far for my vow (see traitor thread) and that’s the most I’ve painted since my son was born almost three years ago! Take your time!

Just thought I'd post this up. As soon as this dude and the Warsmith are done, that BT Ven dread will be getting vowed in as a fallen warrior of the Templars, complete with some Terminator goodness.

imperial_fists_deredeo_dreadnought__airb

@ Studio Silvernale: That metallic turquoise (or whatever its name is) is mesmerising... Great work man!

Just thought I'd post this up. As soon as this dude and the Warsmith are done, that BT Ven dread will be getting vowed in as a fallen warrior of the Templars, complete with some Terminator goodness.

WHAT HERESY IS THIS!?!? AND IN THE LOYALISTS OUTPOST TOO! 

WHAT HERESY IS THIS!?!? AND IN THE LOYALISTS OUTPOST TOO!

Sadly Captain, even Templar Brethren fall in battle. (Plus my interest in a combined 40k BT/SW army waned with news of 8th ed and I need to justify the Templar-looking termies, LR and dreadie)

Vow 1 complete. I got these done a lot quicker than I expected, especially as I went into the event with only a vague idea for a colour scheme and spent quote some time experimenting. Talking of experimenting I have used for the first time the Gemstone paints and Agrellan Earth texture and while I need to get a lot better with both I do like how they are turning out so far.

Hope the pictures are ok, parts are out of focus, sorry. Let me know if you want close-ups, more details on anything or any other questions in general.

Group shot

gallery_29932_12734_88929.jpg

Malagra close up

gallery_29932_12734_67992.jpg

gallery_29932_12734_2474.jpg

Thallax close up

gallery_29932_12734_53582.jpg

gallery_29932_12734_16673.jpg

gallery_29932_12734_69415.jpg

Ursarax close up

gallery_29932_12734_93481.jpg

gallery_29932_12734_87931.jpg

Vow 2 will follow shortly.

Vow 1 complete. I got these done a lot quicker than I expected, especially as I went into the event with only a vague idea for a colour scheme and spent quote some time experimenting. Talking of experimenting I have used for the first time the Gemstone paints and Agrellan Earth texture and while I need to get a lot better with both I do like how they are turning out so far.

Hope the pictures are ok, parts are out of focus, sorry. Let me know if you want close-ups, more details on anything or any other questions in general.

Group shot

gallery_29932_12734_88929.jpg

Malagra close up

gallery_29932_12734_67992.jpg

gallery_29932_12734_2474.jpg

Thallax close up

gallery_29932_12734_53582.jpg

gallery_29932_12734_16673.jpg

gallery_29932_12734_69415.jpg

Ursarax close up

gallery_29932_12734_93481.jpg

gallery_29932_12734_87931.jpg

Vow 2 will follow shortly.

Those are really tempting me to add some robots.

@Studio Silvernale, that's a stunning color. Don't suppose you'd be willing to share your recipe.

@Trokair, I really like your color choices. That blue pops. And what green did you use on Malagra's blade?

edited to correct auto-correct

@Studio Silvernale, that's a stunning color. Don't suppose you'd be willing to share your recipe.

Assuming you mean the Alpha Legion?

- black primer

- undercoat Vallejo model air steel

- base with Createx pearlized blue / Createx iridescent green 3:2 mix [all blue/green below refer to these]

- highlight 1:1 blue/green

- extreme highlight 1:2 blue/green

- shade 2:1 blue/green

- dullcoat

- wash all of it in 1:1 drakenhof nightshade / water

- dullcoat again

Archived