+++Age of Darkness Loyalist Outpost (AoD-L)+++

Sweet, thanks. I've been wanting to add a few other Legion's marines to my Imperial Fists force. Have a few done, but haven't found an Alpha Legion color I liked. I'm going to give yours a try.

Just thought I'd post this up. As soon as this dude and the Warsmith are done, that BT Ven dread will be getting vowed in as a fallen warrior of the Templars, complete with some Terminator goodness.

WHAT HERESY IS THIS!?!? AND IN THE LOYALISTS OUTPOST TOO!

Sadly Captain, even Templar Brethren fall in battle. (Plus my interest in a combined 40k BT/SW army waned with news of 8th ed and I need to justify the Templar-looking termies, LR and dreadie)

Ah, that's what you mean... You know for us Dark Angels "Fallen Warrior" has a different meaning... never mind, move on, nothing to see here... :tongue.:

Vow 1 complete. I got these done a lot quicker than I expected, especially as I went into the event with only a vague idea for a colour scheme and spent quote some time experimenting. Talking of experimenting I have used for the first time the Gemstone paints and Agrellan Earth texture and while I need to get a lot better with both I do like how they are turning out so far.

Hope the pictures are ok, parts are out of focus, sorry. Let me know if you want close-ups, more details on anything or any other questions in general.

Hidden Content

Group shot

gallery_29932_12734_88929.jpg

Malagra close up

gallery_29932_12734_67992.jpg

gallery_29932_12734_2474.jpg

Thallax close up

gallery_29932_12734_53582.jpg

gallery_29932_12734_16673.jpg

gallery_29932_12734_69415.jpg

Ursarax close up

gallery_29932_12734_93481.jpg

gallery_29932_12734_87931.jpg

Vow 2 will follow shortly.

Excellent result and excellent timing! :thumbsup: Well done sir! Now I wait eagerly for your follow-up vow!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@Trokair, I really like your color choices. That blue pops. And what green did you use on Malagra's blade?

Thank you.

For all the the green I used Waystone Green over a Stormhost Silver. For the Malagra's blade specifically I watered it down a bit so that it flowed quite easily (as it is naturaly a very gloppy paint as per it original design and intended function), filled in the low lying regions, wiped away and over spill and once dry added a even more tinned down waystone green to even the colour out a bit. Then I just used more silver to tidy up.

Those are really tempting me to add some robots.

Then by the grace of the Omnissiah do so in your second vow. Also Thallax and Ursarax are not technically robots, they are more like mini dreadnoughts :wink:

Edit: trying to not double post.

Vow 2

I, Trokair, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Loyalist in this Age of Darkness and vow to complete for the all-glory of the Omnissiah one Calleb Decima, one Archmagos Reductor and their attended Thallax and Ursarx Cohorts as detailed below and coming to a total value of 1,185 points as described in Taghmata Red Book on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring eternal glory for the Omnissiah and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker for as long as the Omnissiah decrees.

Calleb Decima 190p

Cyber-familiar

(235p if the Decima Invictus upgrade is allowed, as it is for games after the Isstvan III campaign and I am not sure how this interacts with the normal rules as I do not have the black books to read up on the specifics of that campaign.)

Archmagos Prime Reductor 305p

Augury scanner, Cyber-familiar, Rad grenades, Archaeochtech pistol, Power fist, Master Crafted Paragon blade, Machinator Array, Abeyant, Djin-skein

Thallax Cohort 145p

3 Thallax, 1 Irad-Clenser

Thallax Cohort 175p

3 Thallax, 1 Photon Thrusters, Destructor

Ursarax Cohort 185p

3 Ursarax, 1 with Power Fists

Ursarax Cohort 185p

3 Ursarax, 1 with Power Fists

gallery_29932_12734_5270.jpg

I figure I should post an update so you fine people can see how I'm going.

The cataphractii terminators are finished, with the exception of their bases, so now I've started working on the veterans. I'll base everything in the vow together just to make it easier.

gallery_78168_12782_95968.jpg

The veterans have just had a basecoat of green and I'll try to work through them over the week to get them finished quickly.

gallery_78168_12782_33051.jpg

Once the vets are finished I'll be able to make a start on the characters. I'm quite looking forward to getting to them.

Great progress guys! And a big follow up there Trokair!

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Thanks Semper.

Checkmate, what bases are your terminators on? They look small.

Nice colour scheme by the way.

Cheers Trokair :smile.:

The bases are only 25mm, but I only have models that I'm painting on them. I'll transfer the terminators to the 40mm when I've primed and painted the bases.

Looks pretty cool Studio Silvernale, great work on the colour and the decals! :thumbsup: I sure hope your order arrives soon! :smile.:

On an other matter, the AoD-L seems to be running out of steam... You really need to up your recruitment effort here... AoD-T is only two participants behind! :o

The 129th here the war clarion of the Emperor, and we will not be found wanting. I, Vazzy, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Loyalist in this Age of Darkness and vow to complete for the glory of the Primarch, The Avenging Son, Roboute Guilliman, and the XIII Legion:

1 Praetor with Terminator armor, Iron halo, and Mastercrafted-Paragon Blade- 180 pts

1 Sicaran Arcus Strike tank- 205 pts

I'll edit in pics this evening Cap!

28397172808_c9ece67f92_z.jpg

41503739714_270ebc5213_z.jpg

Going to use a box of reivers as my headhunter squad.

etlvi_wip_02_by_kasumidoll-dcbz98i.jpg

** When I pledged, I had a brain fart and just said 10 headhunters and totally forgot to specify their options.

10x headhunter (5x combi-weapon, 1x heavy bolter; sergeant with power sword and plasma pistol) [390 points] not [300 points]

I, Grand_master85, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Age of Darkness Loyalists, and vow to complete the list below which has a total value of 884 points, on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory in the name of Ferrus Manus, and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

I had entertained the idea of being a traitor and going Iron Warriors, but I couldn’t bring myself not to be Loyal.

My pledge is as follows:-

Iron Father - Cataphractii Terminator Armour, Paragon Blade, Volkite Charger, Iron Father upgrade, Digital Lasers - 217pts

Legion Terminator Squad - 5x, 2x Chainfist, 3x Power Fist, Plasma Blaster, Combi-Flamer, Grenade Harness - 242pts

Tactical Squad - 10x, Nuncio Vox, Legion Vexilla, Power Axe, Melta Bombs, Artificer Armour - 170pts

Rhino Armoured Carrier - 35pts

Sicaran Venator - Heavy Bolters, Pintle Mounted Heavy Bolter - 220pts

Looking forward to painting again! Next pledge will be Ferrus and friends.

http://i.imgur.com/noyADaV.jpg

Vow 1 complete. So after getting these guys 95% done last Monday I hit a bit of a motivational wall to get those final finishing touches done. Fortunately I managed to sit down and crack on with it today and finally have completed my vow. 

The Dreadnoughts

20180520 212205

The Xiphon Interceptors 

20180520 212549

Eternal Despair, can you post a close up of the Conversion beamer Contempter please, I would like to have a closer look, thank you.

Welcome grand_master85, more sons of Manus are always welcomed in the Omnissiah’s light.

Looking good, the muted gold suits I think. I never noticed that he had so many gems in his armour.

He doesnt, I addedin more over some lf the rivets/bolts to help break up sheer amount of gold/chrome there was.

Archived