+++Age of Darkness Traitor Outpost (AoD-T)+++

I promised an up date and here it is.

gallery_92760_11494_693416.jpeg

I still have a lot to do but I’m happy with it so far.

Vykes, that’s a pretty impressive turnaround. Those are brilliantly done and so quick too. Well done.

Kizzdougs, once again an inspiration.

Cheers

Vogon

Niiiice, very nice Vogon!  I can't wait to see another Primarch and scary catti!

-laughs- turnaround is quick when you're bored.  Aaaand as for that: The Master of the 17th legion.  I still need to do touch ups, some better OSL, but not horrible. 

0JuqZX4.jpg

@ Grieux, thanks man. It's a bunch of thin coats of FW's Eidolon Purple over Vallejo Dark Aluminium. Helpful, right? I picked up a bottle of Reaper Clear Purple but haven't tried to match them yet, it looks a bit darker, but can probably be thinned out to be similar.

@ Vykes - thanks, I like to use chains to show a shift towards Chaos, without going all absurdly spikey and skully. Also that's the best looking grey-armoured Lorgar I've ever seen. Makes me hesitant to make my next vow, but I've been sitting on the model for over 3 years and it's time to man up.

I, heshman, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX for the glory of the pantheon, the honour of the XVIIth, and the exultation of the Warmaster and vow to complete:

• Lorgar, The Voice of Truth, transfigured - 450 points
  • Fire Raptor, with reaper cannons - 210 points

for a total value of 660 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_85395_14572_849214.jpg

gallery_85395_14572_1184374.jpg

Fantastic fantastic Heshman, mate! Aaah, interesting method on the purple with the clear over vallejo alluminum.  I did something similar for Ultramarines but I hadn't seen that application for purple.  Looks fantastic, great finish on it. Can't wait to see what you do on that fire raptor.  I had a blast after I finally got the stupid thing together (but man did I hate putting a trio of them together.  Still got another in a box that isn't done... ugh).  

You can do it, and I definitely wanna see!  Seeing different interpretations are fantastic for big time characters. 

Bring the fight to the loyalists!

A bit earlier than usual - I will not have the time to update later today...

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Nice Dreagher, mate, very nice!  I always love Moritats in particular, they are seriously sweet models. 

Alriiiight, got the rest of my vow's armour in yesterday, cleaned it, primed it, wooot early morning horrible photos!  Anyway, hoping to do up most of the work today, which is convenient as I'm supposed to get another FW order in this afternoon (Last Chance to Buy is a wallet killer... Customs is a time killer) 

1qy5IYv.jpg

I'm... not entirely sure that the Week VI looks updated as the stats are identical to week V, and that included at least a primarch on the loyalists end and more than a few things on ours too.  Copy paste error?  

Aaaanyway, Lo and behold, by the Warmaster, more warriors are prepared for the battles to come!  My second vow is fulfilled! 

4ossJBA.jpg

Pictures of the master of the XVIIth, the Damocles Clarion Call, and Dreadclaw DP-229 were earlier, but I had fun with the Proteus!  Magnetized up an augery array and a flag which has always struck me as 'Sons of Horus'. I'm pretty happy with 'em.  Thus, we have the Proteus 'command' vehicle with augery, the "Wraitholm" and the third, "Last Lament".  I'll get a nice clear picture of the Assault Squad "Harrier".

Augery

KXoUxDk.jpg

Flag bits! 

1vFpo9I.jpg

Excellent guys! Right now the two AoD Outposts have the same completion rate which inevitably gives the Loyalists the edge. In order to counter that, you must complete the first vows quicker than the AoD-L and re-vow as much as possible. But the important thing is high completion rate - especially among early vows...

UPDATED TO THIUS POINT!

Well, I suppose now is the time. Vow 3.

Through the hell of shot and shell, we can still do this!  Drag the loyalists from their comfortable place of complacent silence, and haul them kicking and screaming into the light of the Primordial truth! 

In the name of the Warmaster, I, Vykes, marshal of the 65th, shall again rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Age of Darkness to support the Warmaster's bid. For the glory of the Lupercal and his court, by the powers of change, I vow to raise a force of three heavy support armoured vehicles and a leader among legionnaires. 

1. Vigilator Centurion Raus has been recalled from the Coronid Deeps campaign.  (Artificer armour =95)

2. Spartan Awoken Truth is now refit and recovered from Istvaan III, it will be in service shortly (Armoured Ceramite =325)

3. the Glaive Lion of Cthonia is also under full construction and will begin battlefield trials within the month (625)

4. Quesetorus Knight Errant Scyth Mundi under flag of House Mortis has answered the call (Twin Icarus Autocannon=405)

The forces raised have a requisition index of 1450, and I vow to have these forces at the Warmaster's disposal on or before 01 583 018 M.3 (August 1st of antiquity). Success will bring me eternal glory, failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Into the fire, unto ash, onto glory! Lupercal!

I have put in a call to our allies in the Mechanicum, I pray that they reach us in time. (Oh lord, this forgeworld bill is unkind.) 

jRvHzbY.jpg

HaCu0ji.jpg

K16qnPN.jpg

I, Kizzdougs, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the AoD-T and vow to complete 1 Alpharius, Primarch of the Alpha Legion, The Aleph Null, The Hydra, The Threefold Serpent, The Final Configuration of the total value of 415pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end. For the Emperor.

E51kdkX.jpg

He's just tacked together in this pic because I will be painting the bits separately. I'm going to try painting the metallic blue with an airbrush for the first time... wish me luck :P

Good luck to both new vows - saying it's all very promising is the understatement of the year! :D :tu:

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Alriiiight, bit of an update I guess.  It's a boiling hot prairie day so I decided to use it to... well, flash boil the oil filter and varnish on the tanks.  So, I decided 'hey, might as well set something up'.  I'm supposed to have a quick game this evening so tossed a table outside and had some fun.  

The Lion of Cthonia is moooostly done up, as is the Awoken Truth, and the Vigilator Centurion Raus (heedless and headless... must have been trying to blend in with some top ranking Iron Hands, eh?)  The tracks continue to aggravate me to Tartarus, only ones that haven't given me any problems have been the Proteus. Anyway, the Knight is base coated, should be working that up soonish.  And I have some work around the eye and the targetters and cabling. 

QmhU61W.jpg

FNHZMuw.jpg

Q6G7ZmM.jpg

... only two of four 'platoon' sized squads, and I still feel like I should get more legionnaires. That's a symptom of something, right? 

I, Balthamal, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Warmaster in this Age of Darkness, and vow to complete :

10 Lernaean Terminators w 5 Power Axe, 3 Chainfist, 2 Powerfist, 2 Plasma Blasters, Grenade Harness

Moritat - 2 Plasma Pistols, Jump Pack

Destroyer Squad - Jump Packs, Missile Launcher w/Suspensor Web

3 Skyhunters - Plasma Cannon

Heavy Support Squad - 5 Lascannons

to a total value of 1285 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring proof of the supremacy of the Hydra and destruction to the False Emperor ...failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end and the displeasure of Horus.

med_gallery_59195_14583_592725.jpg

med_gallery_59195_14583_650289.jpg

med_gallery_59195_14583_1140434.jpg

med_gallery_59195_14583_321680.jpg

And here is my first vow done! Pardon the crappy picture quality, but I  wanted to get the pictures ouf finally. So, the first vow contained the following:

The Primarch Perturabo with the After Istvaan/Forgebreaker upgrade (490p)

AdRUrwF.jpg?1

Magos Prime with the Archmagos Upgrade, Djinn Skein, Machinator Array, Techno-Arcana Malagra, Cortex Controller, Cyber Familiar, Photon Thruster, Paragon Blade, Archaeotech Pistol, Mastercraft one weapon (295p)

Q5sxCsz.jpg?1

Magos Dominus with a Servo Arm, Mastercrafted Power Maul, Laspistol and Infravisor (95p)

GDbwnmR.jpg?1

Expect a much, much larger vow in about 30 minutes....

I, The Observer, rise to the challenge of the E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Warmaster and the Omnissiah, to which end I vow the following:

1 Omegon in the garb of his brother

(Using Alpharius' profile and entry) of 415 points of value.
1 Omegon in his own Ifrit garb (Using Alpharius' profile and entry again) of 415 points of value.
1 five man unit of Alpha Legion Veterans with the Marksmen upgrade and the veteran sergeant having the power dagger and artificer armour upgrade, all at the value of 115 points.
2 units of three Castellax Battle Automata. Each unit replaces all bolters with flamers and has Enhanced Targeting Arrays. Each unit comes at a value of 390 points.
1 Thanatar Siege Engine with Enhanced Targeting Arrays and the Paragon of Metal upgrade at a value of 300 points.
1 Archmagos Prime with the Macrotek Arcana, Djinn Skein, a Mastercrafted Paragon Blade, a Machinator Array, an Augury Scanner, Cortex Controller, Photon Thruster and Photon Gauntlet for a value of 275 points.

The whole vow comes in at a total value of 2300 points and is to be completed on or before August the 1st, 2018.

Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

For the Emperor.

Pre-painting pictures:

nEgyTaZ.jpg?1

1tnTJwW.jpg?1

ep0S0CW.jpg?1

5RE7IyU.jpg?1

lnokIG4.jpg?1

qzBSsNC.jpg?1

C'mon lads we're still in this fight!  -laughs- 

Balthamal, and lord Oberserver, those Alpha are gonna look great.   Balthamal, I love jetbikes, and man, that many snake termies will look awesome. 

Observer, fantastic job par normal eh?  But that Magos prime in particular is just poppin'!  The dual bladed spear is fantastic, too and I'm definitley curious what the right pauldrons on those Vets will look like when they're done.  

Seriously mates, awesome work all round.  Now we gotta get a way to crunch down on those loyalist dogs.  

Aaaand Vow 3 for me is done.  Finished up Scyth Mundi this morning, though I'll likely go back and gunk up his feet to make it 'fit' a little better.  It's more a colour test for some stuff too, seeing if I could stand a Legio Mortis force for Titanicus. 

1GSqfRq.jpg

w0ZwXaM.jpg

po6EqfF.jpg

ZLeCK49.jpg

eOEdiPS.jpg

Anyway, Raus, the Awoken Truth, and Lion of Cthonia are all done up.  Now I gotta figure out what next... like, thoughts on what a proper heavy company needs?  'Cause I'm out (How's the Cerberus or a pair of Lightnings?)

Yeeees, that's what I'm talkin' about Heshman.  Heh, Lorgar standing on a Fire Raptor... Some reason that strikes me as very 80's metal.  You know, I've never seen a Word Bearers Fire Raptor painted up before, it's a great look with all the Colchisian script and dark colours.  Very cool.  And I can't wait to see a crimson-clad Lorgar! 

Now I gotta figure out what next... like, thoughts on what a proper heavy company needs?

Amazing stuff. The Glaive is my favourite so Stormblade / Fellblade / Falchion next? And you did armoured Proteus but not the Rogue Trader inspired Proteus? And I know it’s artillery rather than armoured company, but what about legion medusae (not sure of plural)? All would get my vote.

Archived