+++Age of Darkness Traitor Outpost (AoD-T)+++

Alriiiight, bit of an update I guess. It's a boiling hot prairie day so I decided to use it to... well, flash boil the oil filter and varnish on the tanks. So, I decided 'hey, might as well set something up'. I'm supposed to have a quick game this evening so tossed a table outside and had some fun.

The Lion of Cthonia is moooostly done up, as is the Awoken Truth, and the Vigilator Centurion Raus (heedless and headless... must have been trying to blend in with some top ranking Iron Hands, eh?) The tracks continue to aggravate me to Tartarus, only ones that haven't given me any problems have been the Proteus. Anyway, the Knight is base coated, should be working that up soonish. And I have some work around the eye and the targetters and cabling.

Hidden Content

QmhU61W.jpg

FNHZMuw.jpg

Q6G7ZmM.jpg

... only two of four 'platoon' sized squads, and I still feel like I should get more legionnaires. That's a symptom of something, right?

THIS IS AWE-INSPIRING! Amazing work Vykes - and yes, you should get more legionaries! :lol:

I, Balthamal, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Warmaster in this Age of Darkness, and vow to complete :

10 Lernaean Terminators w 5 Power Axe, 3 Chainfist, 2 Powerfist, 2 Plasma Blasters, Grenade Harness

Moritat - 2 Plasma Pistols, Jump Pack

Destroyer Squad - Jump Packs, Missile Launcher w/Suspensor Web

3 Skyhunters - Plasma Cannon

Heavy Support Squad - 5 Lascannons

to a total value of 1285 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring proof of the supremacy of the Hydra and destruction to the False Emperor ...failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end and the displeasure of Horus.

Hidden Content

med_gallery_59195_14583_592725.jpg

med_gallery_59195_14583_650289.jpg

med_gallery_59195_14583_1140434.jpg

med_gallery_59195_14583_321680.jpg

You people mean business!... An excellent vow there Balthamal... Is this a silver undercoat?

I, The Observer, rise to the challenge of the E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Warmaster and the Omnissiah, to which end I vow the following:

1 Omegon in the garb of his brother

(Using Alpharius' profile and entry) of 415 points of value.

1 Omegon in his own Ifrit garb (Using Alpharius' profile and entry again) of 415 points of value.

1 five man unit of Alpha Legion Veterans with the Marksmen upgrade and the veteran sergeant having the power dagger and artificer armour upgrade, all at the value of 115 points.

2 units of three Castellax Battle Automata. Each unit replaces all bolters with flamers and has Enhanced Targeting Arrays. Each unit comes at a value of 390 points.

1 Thanatar Siege Engine with Enhanced Targeting Arrays and the Paragon of Metal upgrade at a value of 300 points.

1 Archmagos Prime with the Macrotek Arcana, Djinn Skein, a Mastercrafted Paragon Blade, a Machinator Array, an Augury Scanner, Cortex Controller, Photon Thruster and Photon Gauntlet for a value of 275 points.

The whole vow comes in at a total value of 2300 points and is to be completed on or before August the 1st, 2018.

Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

For the Emperor.

Pre-painting pictures:

Hidden Content

nEgyTaZ.jpg?1

1tnTJwW.jpg?1

ep0S0CW.jpg?1

5RE7IyU.jpg?1

lnokIG4.jpg?1

qzBSsNC.jpg?1

First of all let me tell you that I really like your style: the dark, grimed feel contested with a vibrant spot colour! Excellent executed! Your second vow is huge - not only in points but in model count and model complexity too! Good luck man!

C'mon lads we're still in this fight! -laughs-

Balthamal, and lord Oberserver, those Alpha are gonna look great. Balthamal, I love jetbikes, and man, that many snake termies will look awesome.

Observer, fantastic job par normal eh? But that Magos prime in particular is just poppin'! The dual bladed spear is fantastic, too and I'm definitley curious what the right pauldrons on those Vets will look like when they're done.

Seriously mates, awesome work all round. Now we gotta get a way to crunch down on those loyalist dogs.

Aaaand Vow 3 for me is done. Finished up Scyth Mundi this morning, though I'll likely go back and gunk up his feet to make it 'fit' a little better. It's more a colour test for some stuff too, seeing if I could stand a Legio Mortis force for Titanicus.

Hidden Content

1GSqfRq.jpg

w0ZwXaM.jpg

po6EqfF.jpg

ZLeCK49.jpg

eOEdiPS.jpg

Anyway, Raus, the Awoken Truth, and Lion of Cthonia are all done up. Now I gotta figure out what next... like, thoughts on what a proper heavy company needs? 'Cause I'm out (How's the Cerberus or a pair of Lightnings?)

Vykes, this is a great, great result! Everything from super-heavies to plain infantry is outstanding... Keep amazing us man!

More assets for the Warmaster, continue the fight brothers!

Hidden Content

gallery_85395_14572_403970.jpg

Hahaha! Now this is an image alright! A Primarch on top of a Fire Raptor! Cinematic much? Look fwd for Lorgar - he looks very regal in red!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hi guys, I haven’t fallen off the face of Terra but I’ve had a slow time for painting with one thing and another however, here is a small update on where I’m up to on my latest vow.

gallery_92760_11494_1218303.jpeg

I’m pleased with it so far although the picture is not great but I’ll keep at it an hope to finish in the next couple of weeks.

Cheers

Vogon

Thanks a ton, LameBeard dude!  Man, the falchion is a good call and definitely up there, as is the standard Proteus.  I'm generally not a huge fan of dual weapons in turrets but the casement of the Falchion is pretty tasty.  Hmm, I do love the Medusae, it's one of the coolest 30K/40K artillery pieces hands down.  Though, I wonder how the Scorpius is as an MLRS.  Man, it may have to wait for a little bit, which does kinda suck, but I called upon the mechanicus to aid us and they have acquiesced to my request.  I may not have been telling the truth about just testing out the knight's colour scheme... Vows 4 and 5 are liable to be grisly.  

Awesome work there Vogon!  I'm constantly curious as to what colours people do for the casualties on bases, and I do love master Kit Fisto there!  

And Thanks a ton Cap'n!  Some more Termies and legionnaires are slated pretty quick, I just had to get the appropriate amount of Choom to go with 'em!  :P  I shall ever endeavor to serve the Warmaster!  

Lupercal!  

Alriiiight, bit of an update I guess. It's a boiling hot prairie day so I decided to use it to... well, flash boil the oil filter and varnish on the tanks. So, I decided 'hey, might as well set something up'. I'm supposed to have a quick game this evening so tossed a table outside and had some fun.

The Lion of Cthonia is moooostly done up, as is the Awoken Truth, and the Vigilator Centurion Raus (heedless and headless... must have been trying to blend in with some top ranking Iron Hands, eh?) The tracks continue to aggravate me to Tartarus, only ones that haven't given me any problems have been the Proteus. Anyway, the Knight is base coated, should be working that up soonish. And I have some work around the eye and the targetters and cabling.

Hidden Content

QmhU61W.jpg

FNHZMuw.jpg

Q6G7ZmM.jpg

... only two of four 'platoon' sized squads, and I still feel like I should get more legionnaires. That's a symptom of something, right?

THIS IS AWE-INSPIRING! Amazing work Vykes - and yes, you should get more legionaries! :lol:

I, Balthamal, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Warmaster in this Age of Darkness, and vow to complete :

10 Lernaean Terminators w 5 Power Axe, 3 Chainfist, 2 Powerfist, 2 Plasma Blasters, Grenade Harness

Moritat - 2 Plasma Pistols, Jump Pack

Destroyer Squad - Jump Packs, Missile Launcher w/Suspensor Web

3 Skyhunters - Plasma Cannon

Heavy Support Squad - 5 Lascannons

to a total value of 1285 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring proof of the supremacy of the Hydra and destruction to the False Emperor ...failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end and the displeasure of Horus.

Hidden Content

med_gallery_59195_14583_592725.jpg

med_gallery_59195_14583_650289.jpg

med_gallery_59195_14583_1140434.jpg

med_gallery_59195_14583_321680.jpg

You people mean business!... An excellent vow there Balthamal... Is this a silver undercoat?

I, The Observer, rise to the challenge of the E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Warmaster and the Omnissiah, to which end I vow the following:

1 Omegon in the garb of his brother

(Using Alpharius' profile and entry) of 415 points of value.

1 Omegon in his own Ifrit garb (Using Alpharius' profile and entry again) of 415 points of value.

1 five man unit of Alpha Legion Veterans with the Marksmen upgrade and the veteran sergeant having the power dagger and artificer armour upgrade, all at the value of 115 points.

2 units of three Castellax Battle Automata. Each unit replaces all bolters with flamers and has Enhanced Targeting Arrays. Each unit comes at a value of 390 points.

1 Thanatar Siege Engine with Enhanced Targeting Arrays and the Paragon of Metal upgrade at a value of 300 points.

1 Archmagos Prime with the Macrotek Arcana, Djinn Skein, a Mastercrafted Paragon Blade, a Machinator Array, an Augury Scanner, Cortex Controller, Photon Thruster and Photon Gauntlet for a value of 275 points.

The whole vow comes in at a total value of 2300 points and is to be completed on or before August the 1st, 2018.

Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

For the Emperor.

Pre-painting pictures:

Hidden Content

nEgyTaZ.jpg?1

1tnTJwW.jpg?1

ep0S0CW.jpg?1

5RE7IyU.jpg?1

lnokIG4.jpg?1

qzBSsNC.jpg?1

First of all let me tell you that I really like your style: the dark, grimed feel contested with a vibrant spot colour! Excellent executed! Your second vow is huge - not only in points but in model count and model complexity too! Good luck man!

C'mon lads we're still in this fight! -laughs-

Balthamal, and lord Oberserver, those Alpha are gonna look great. Balthamal, I love jetbikes, and man, that many snake termies will look awesome.

Observer, fantastic job par normal eh? But that Magos prime in particular is just poppin'! The dual bladed spear is fantastic, too and I'm definitley curious what the right pauldrons on those Vets will look like when they're done.

Seriously mates, awesome work all round. Now we gotta get a way to crunch down on those loyalist dogs.

Aaaand Vow 3 for me is done. Finished up Scyth Mundi this morning, though I'll likely go back and gunk up his feet to make it 'fit' a little better. It's more a colour test for some stuff too, seeing if I could stand a Legio Mortis force for Titanicus.

Hidden Content

1GSqfRq.jpg

w0ZwXaM.jpg

po6EqfF.jpg

ZLeCK49.jpg

eOEdiPS.jpg

Anyway, Raus, the Awoken Truth, and Lion of Cthonia are all done up. Now I gotta figure out what next... like, thoughts on what a proper heavy company needs? 'Cause I'm out (How's the Cerberus or a pair of Lightnings?)

Vykes, this is a great, great result! Everything from super-heavies to plain infantry is outstanding... Keep amazing us man!

More assets for the Warmaster, continue the fight brothers!

Hidden Content

gallery_85395_14572_403970.jpg

Hahaha! Now this is an image alright! A Primarch on top of a Fire Raptor! Cinematic much? Look fwd for Lorgar - he looks very regal in red!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

It certainly is. They'll be painted their beautiful blue soon enough haha

Thanks a ton, LameBeard dude! ...

I just had to get the appropriate amount of Choom to go with 'em! :P I shall ever endeavor to serve the Warmaster!

Lupercal!

If you like Choom (and who doesn’t on this thread?) then maybe the heavy company needs an Achilles Alpha as its command tank?

Oh... Oooooooh now thaaat is one very good idea LameBeard!  An Achilles Alpha command vehicle, I hadn't remotely considered it.  Fantastic one mate. 

Oh... Oooooooh now thaaat is one very good idea LameBeard! An Achilles Alpha command vehicle, I hadn't remotely considered it. Fantastic one mate.

Hey - it’s a pleasure. Wishlisting with other people’s wallets and other people’s painting prowess. It’s an honour to serve!

'Eyas Cap'n, mate!  Bit of a quick question, Did we ever get Brother Dreagher's Vow 1 and 2 on the books? I was glancing through to take a tally and never did see a record of 'em.  The first one never got a 'whole picture' but all of em were done, and I didn't see the 1,030 pt vow recorded on page 1.  Just checkin' is all, I'm hoping that the Cinder Wolf can support the Nusudea in the assault on Terra's walls! 

Aaaand hopefully at least one of my two FW orders clears customs before next week's vows close.  Kinda feeling like I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs while everyone else does work.  

It is grand to see Alpharius walk amongst us!  Incredible job Kizzdougs, absolutely incredible.  Man I do love the two tone metallics. 

I suppose I should get everything official for this week. Vow 4, and I have 1 more to go... one more, waiting in customs.  Ahem.

My Brothers, warriors of the Omnissiah, and those who follow the Primordial truth. Take heart, for we still take our fight to the gates of Terra! We still illuminate where there is but the darkness of ignorance, and we rise to the call of the Warmaster! -looks back at a crested chaplain of the 17th legion-

In the name of the Warmaster, I Vykes, marshal of the 65th and servant of the true heir apparent,  rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Age of Darkness to support the Warmaster's bid. For the glory of the Lupercal and his court, by the powers of change, I vow to raise a force to air our assault on the throne world: a contingent of Legio Mortis including aWarhound Titan God-engine, and two vassal knights, as well as an honoured guard of one score warriors of the 17th legion, their honoured brethren, commander by a leader of utmost standing.

1. Warhound Scout Titan Cinder Wolf has been dispatched by Legio Mortis to aid the 65th. (2000)

2. Knight Warden Nilus Astra, to guard and guide the God-Engine (Stormspear, meltagun, thunderstrike gauntlet=440)

3. Quesetorus Knight Paladin Vectigal Mori, to guard and to guide the Cinder Wolf (Twin Icarus Autocannon=410)

4. Squad Linium, 10 Veteran Legionnaires of the 17th Legion (Sergeant with Power Fist and Plasma pistol, flamer, heavy bolter with suspensor web=220)

5. Squad Kharos, 10 Veteran Legionnaires of the 17th Legion ( Sergeant with Power Fist and Plasma pistol, flamer, heavy bolter with suspensor web=220)

6. Ancient Sor Khallum, Contemptor Dreadnought (175)

7. Chaplain Consul Quixtus Sol (Burning Lore, Artificer Armour, plasma pistol, power maul=140)

The forces raised have a requisition index of 3,605, and I vow to have these forces at the Warmaster's disposal on or before 01 583 018 M.3 (August 1st of antiquity). Success will bring me eternal glory, failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Into the fire, unto ash, onto glory! Lupercal!

... yeah, I wanted to have a real 'Calth' set done up as word bearers because honestly, it's a fun little game! And yes, I have more stuff from Calth I held back, because I have another Forge World order stuck in customs. Pictures should be up later today as UPS is scheduled to bring me my tasty tasty titan this afternoon!

Vow complete!

More pics in my WIP thread :smile.:

Pk6wiIX.jpg

Lost for words... This is... I... 

k0VZEtc.gif

Yeah, it appears I was mixed up... It should be OK now - sorry for that Dreagher.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

No problem! Now we get a suprise boost. :wink:

Surprise? You don't know the half of it! :whistling:

It is grand to see Alpharius walk amongst us!  Incredible job Kizzdougs, absolutely incredible.  Man I do love the two tone metallics. 

I suppose I should get everything official for this week. Vow 4, and I have 1 more to go... one more, waiting in customs.  Ahem.

My Brothers, warriors of the Omnissiah, and those who follow the Primordial truth. Take heart, for we still take our fight to the gates of Terra! We still illuminate where there is but the darkness of ignorance, and we rise to the call of the Warmaster! -looks back at a crested chaplain of the 17th legion-

In the name of the Warmaster, I Vykes, marshal of the 65th and servant of the true heir apparent,  rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Age of Darkness to support the Warmaster's bid. For the glory of the Lupercal and his court, by the powers of change, I vow to raise a force to air our assault on the throne world: a contingent of Legio Mortis including aWarhound Titan God-engine, and two vassal knights, as well as an honoured guard of one score warriors of the 17th legion, their honoured brethren, commander by a leader of utmost standing.

1. Warhound Scout Titan Cinder Wolf has been dispatched by Legio Mortis to aid the 65th. (2000)

2. Knight Warden Nilus Astra, to guard and guide the God-Engine (Stormspear, meltagun, thunderstrike gauntlet=440)

3. Quesetorus Knight Paladin Vectigal Mori, to guard and to guide the Cinder Wolf (Twin Icarus Autocannon=410)

4. Squad Linium, 10 Veteran Legionnaires of the 17th Legion (Sergeant with Power Fist and Plasma pistol, flamer, heavy bolter with suspensor web=220)

5. Squad Kharos, 10 Veteran Legionnaires of the 17th Legion ( Sergeant with Power Fist and Plasma pistol, flamer, heavy bolter with suspensor web=220)

6. Ancient Sor Khallum, Contemptor Dreadnought (175)

7. Chaplain Consul Quixtus Sol (Burning Lore, Artificer Armour, plasma pistol, power maul=140)

The forces raised have a requisition index of 3,605, and I vow to have these forces at the Warmaster's disposal on or before 01 583 018 M.3 (August 1st of antiquity). Success will bring me eternal glory, failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Into the fire, unto ash, onto glory! Lupercal!

... yeah, I wanted to have a real 'Calth' set done up as word bearers because honestly, it's a fun little game! And yes, I have more stuff from Calth I held back, because I have another Forge World order stuck in customs. Pictures should be up later today as UPS is scheduled to bring me my tasty tasty titan this afternoon!

Right. Call an ambulance. Our friend has lost it. You know we only have a month, right? :ph34r.:

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

If I can't get it finished in 2 weeks (Barring some unknown technical foul up via Forgeworld like two left hips or what not...)  then I shall complete a penitence vow worth at least 500 points! 

-laughs, rethinks that, and decides cackling is better- And I'm still aiming for a vow 5 that will bring this all up over 10,000 points! Because why back down from insanity now when I hear the Dark Gods and the song of the warp!

If I can't get it finished in 2 weeks (Barring some unknown technical foul up via Forgeworld like two left hips or what not...)  then I shall complete a penitence vow worth at least 500 points! 

-laughs, rethinks that, and decides cackling is better- And I'm still aiming for a vow 5 that will bring this all up over 10,000 points! Because why back down from insanity now when I hear the Dark Gods and the song of the warp!

Well you can't do that kind of insanity without inviting the XII. Legion. We will not let you have all the fun breaching the defences of Terra alone.

Await enough armoured support to bring a (small) god to his armoured knees.

"Warhound Scout Titan Cinder Wolf has been dispatched by Legio Mortis to aid the 65th"

Let the wolfes loose! Scans have show that the agents of the imperium are preparing a warlord, so let the hunt begin.

Aye, the dogs of war do not hunt alone.  And the hounds of Legio Audax brought down an Imperator, what danger is there in a Warlord? Between us and brother Duskraider of our far-flung chaotic brethren, we can be sure that we have this well in hand.  

Who else could to take the ramparts but the Bloody Twelfth?  No one legion can do this alone, but with all the legions of our rebellion, we can overcome the stars and cast down gods! Every legion shall play its part, every last one of us shall be called to prove our mettle, but only together might we depose the false Emperor. 

-laughs- Good job, mates!  We're not here to make a showing, we're not in it to be an exemplar, we're here to fight.  I say, we're gonna win! 

What say you?!

Aaaaand a bit of an update I guess. Word Bearers assembled and based (trying something new, so it's not a stupid idea that they're based until I admit it is :P Trying a different basing scheme). The knights are as assembled as they can be. Warhound is in after a slight delay... time for an inspection and tossing the resin in the tub.

gallery_107230_14721_133591.jpg

For our cause, I Dreagher, will rise once more to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Age of Darkness, to cast down the tyrant, that calls himself the emperor and show him and our former brothers, what happens when his carnival of monsters turns against him. Not for glory, but to be free I vow to raise a force to bring down his castles mightiest sentinels.

Legion Falchion (armoured ceramite, Space Marine crew, Neutron Wave Capacitor; 600)

Sicaran Venator (armoured ceramite, Dozer Blade, Heavy Bolter, Lascannons: 265)

Primaris-Lightning Strike Fighter (Battle Servitor, Ground-tracking, Ramjet, 3xKraken Missiles; 285)

For a total value of 1150 and I vow to have these forces at Terra on or before 01 583 018 M.3 (August 1st of antiquity). Success will bring me a moment of serenity while the nails sing, failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

We are war incarnated!

@vykes I am eager to see that titan walk!

So how is everybodies vow going? We just need a few more finished vows to beat the loyalists.

ETL vow 3

Thaaat's what I'm talkin' 'bout Dreagher! Man, Lightnings look awesome and the Falchion is deeeefinitely a battering ram.

Just a bit more, mates and we can do this! So where we at?

AS for my 1 day WIP... I had the day off. Still needs more secondary pinning on the feet into the legs, and a connection at the body, all the pistons in the nip, ankle, and toes, too. But the basic structure is done.

gallery_107230_14721_20696.jpg

Archived