+++Age of Darkness Traitor Outpost (AoD-T)+++

Well done, mates, well done.  We're fighting for second spot in all the forums and with all due respect to our far flung chaotic counterparts, we can show them who set the galaxy ablaze!  :tongue.:  It isn't impossible for us to get to the top spot, and we can certainly put down our deceived loyalist cousins.   

So, where we all at?  

As for me, off to go prime a God-Engine (the rest is already done). 

Glory to the Dark Gods indeed, comrades! Best of luck to the far flung Chaotic warbands as well!

Well, bit of a WIP that's about as far as I can go on the Cinder Wolf for a while. First coat of varnish on it, gonna wait for it to dry then put the transfers on it, then for an oil rub then final detailing (like, you know... the actual details. Eyes, more scrapes, weathering powder, etc). Sorry for a bit of a blurry pictures, heh, I'll fix it for next time.

gallery_107230_14721_71294.jpg

And I thought I painted fast...

If we can keep that kind of speed up for the rest of the month, we can overtake our cousins from the future!

I should finish at least one model of my vow next week and maybe even think about a 4th vow during the last week.

I will advise never be as impatient as I am... -laughs- but I was rushed for time today so it's not my best but not bad. Cinder Wolf, Warhound 5387 is done (basically, I may toy with the eyes some more, oh, and cables when I have to shape some more resin. Bleh, cables).

gallery_107230_14721_192830.jpg

gallery_107230_14721_44535.jpg

gallery_107230_14721_45687.jpg

gallery_107230_14721_17437.jpg

Now onto the rest of the vow. Rest is base coated so should have it done within the week. We'll get 'em, Dreagher, mate! We'll get 'em! I have one more vow to go, I got 1 out of 2 FW shipments in, so I should be able to crack 10K total by the deadine.

Edit: huh, my 100th post was a Warhound titan built in less than a week.... yeah I'll take that milestone. Lupercal!

Seeing Kizzdoug's stuff always makes me want to take more time to do stuff... and get better, definitely get better (though I won't be there until I figure out how to make a pact with the Primordial Destroyer)  :P   As for the Hound, I'd say about 15 hours build time, 6 hours paint time, but there was at least a 10-12 hour additional primer cure time involved.  Not much, really.  

Those are fantastic, Heshman, mate!  The helmet on Lorgar, now that is a brilliant idea.  The stone is so cold and neutral so the wildflowers give it an awesome spot colour and it all leads right up to the crimson armour and gold with that chaos icon.  Not to mention I swear with that background it reminds me of a really cold day in the mountains from like ten years ago... awesome.  And it just screams 'Enlightened by Chaos' without it being all ragey.  It's a great piece!  And so is that Fire Raptor, so seriously well done and congrats. 

Hey, every little bit counts and you're right good at it, we're on our way to getting the top faction and top forum, with a bit of luck  :) 

Vow complete!

More pics in my WIP thread :)

Pk6wiIX.jpg

Love your take on Alpharius there I’ve been debating with myself over what colour to do the cloak but the black looks spectacular. I may just have to nick that idea.

Vykes, that Titan looks fantastic, I’d never believe you had done it so fast awesome job.

Heshman, nice head swap. Lorgar looks so much better with a helm, great work.

On to my own update, I’m calling my Primus Medicae done it has taken a while but I’m happy with the result. As for Alpharius, at least I’m done with the base apart from decals. I need to find an Imperial Fists icon somewhere. Still got to finish the big guy himself but I’m getting there as long as I don’t get too distracted with shiny new stuff at Warhammer World next weekend.

gallery_92760_11494_6032.jpeg

gallery_92760_11494_258467.jpeg

Aaaaand a bit of an update I guess. Word Bearers assembled and based (trying something new, so it's not a stupid idea that they're based until I admit it is :tongue.: Trying a different basing scheme). The knights are as assembled as they can be. Warhound is in after a slight delay... time for an inspection and tossing the resin in the tub.

Hidden Content

gallery_107230_14721_133591.jpg

Well that is an intimidating sight! That Warhound is fantastic too! Inspirational stuff!

For our cause, I Dreagher, will rise once more to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Age of Darkness, to cast down the tyrant, that calls himself the emperor and show him and our former brothers, what happens when his carnival of monsters turns against him. Not for glory, but to be free I vow to raise a force to bring down his castles mightiest sentinels.

Legion Falchion (armoured ceramite, Space Marine crew, Neutron Wave Capacitor; 600)

Sicaran Venator (armoured ceramite, Dozer Blade, Heavy Bolter, Lascannons: 265)

Primaris-Lightning Strike Fighter (Battle Servitor, Ground-tracking, Ramjet, 3xKraken Missiles; 285)

For a total value of 1150 and I vow to have these forces at Terra on or before 01 583 018 M.3 (August 1st of antiquity). Success will bring me a moment of serenity while the nails sing, failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

We are war incarnated!

@vykes I am eager to see that titan walk!

So how is everybodies vow going? We just need a few more finished vows to beat the loyalists.

It seems AoD-T is on a full attack mode! And you know what? it pays off - and with some great painting too! Good luck man!

Vow complete. I'll see if I can pull together something small for another vow before it ends, but I'm not as prolific (or as talented) as some of you.

Hidden Content

gallery_85395_14572_416177.jpg

gallery_85395_14572_1316611.jpg

gallery_85395_14572_855173.jpg

Tremendous work man - the idea of swapping the Aurelian's head with a helmet did tons of good to the mini. Congratulations!

Vow complete!

More pics in my WIP thread :smile.:

Hidden Content

Pk6wiIX.jpg

Love your take on Alpharius there I’ve been debating with myself over what colour to do the cloak but the black looks spectacular. I may just have to nick that idea.

Vykes, that Titan looks fantastic, I’d never believe you had done it so fast awesome job.

Heshman, nice head swap. Lorgar looks so much better with a helm, great work.

On to my own update, I’m calling my Primus Medicae done it has taken a while but I’m happy with the result. As for Alpharius, at least I’m done with the base apart from decals. I need to find an Imperial Fists icon somewhere. Still got to finish the big guy himself but I’m getting there as long as I don’t get too distracted with shiny new stuff at Warhammer World next weekend.

Hidden Content

gallery_92760_11494_6032.jpeg

gallery_92760_11494_258467.jpeg

That Primus Medicae is one of the most controversial minis around - but once painted up it certainly looks better! Keep walking man!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

That Primus Medicae is one of the most controversial minis around - but once painted up it certainly looks better! Keep walking man! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Yeah, I’ve really not seen many painted, I don’t think it was a very popular model but I quite like it. I’ve always put off myself mostly due to decisions on colour for the robes/smock and not relishing painting white.

I should have some time next week to finish Alpharius off thought.

Cheers

Vogon

That Primaris medicae is supremely divisive, personally... I don't know how to feel, but I don't dislike it and it's so unique that I'm happy it's around. I think I'll have to keep seeing it, and see it in person to make a final decision. There's so many parts on it that I genuinely love but the skirting is so odd that it makes the heavy set Cataphractii look almost Dwarven. You still did a real good job on it, Volgon!

Alright, not as cool as a warhound but the knights are done at least. Hopefully I can get the Word Bearers squads done up and finished today or tomorrow and start on Vow 5.

gallery_107230_14721_126178.jpg

Vectigal Mori

gallery_107230_14721_42385.jpg

Nilus Astra

gallery_107230_14721_161526.jpg

I was going to make them striped like the rest of Legio Mortis then I realized, they're only guards, I like them with more uniform and less distinct colours.

I, Kizzdougs, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the AoD-T and vow to complete 1 Legion Herald Consul of the total value of 120pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end. Lupercal!

Here are all of the bits. I'll also probably add some grenades once everything else is painted :)

f7McGwt.jpg

qIW3BIH.jpg

FZFQ5M8.jpg

WpRCZvi.jpg

1T5dphH.jpg

Fantastic work Dreagher, mate! Those'll put down enemy armour right quick!

Altis, heyas mate. I'm definitely lookin' forward to what ya put down, too! All the best.. heh, real life. It does love getting in the way of hobby time, eh?

Kizzdoug, I can't wait to see that herald, mate. Your stuff is always worth waiting for, and this one looks fantastic. IIIrd legion with the aquilla always looks great!

Alright, Vow 4 finished for me! The Word Bearers were an experiment but not horrible... not great, but a few friends wanted me to paint up a Betrayal at Calth force so we could run through it, and I said 'yeah, sure, why not'. The other pseudo-stipulation (IE, request) was that it wouldn't be insanely hard to paint or replicate too. So I chose a basing style that I'll do for my ork speed kult army... not sure what I think of it yet, wish it was a little more orangy so I'll have to look into some other rust powders. But there we go. Vow 5 will be soon, just got the last of my forgeworld order in and now I'm gonna take a look at what else I can do in the 3-ish weeks left. Gah, down to one vow.

Fixed the eyes some too, GAH, cables! Oh well... done for now.

gallery_107230_14721_40337.jpg

Not my best or favourite cloak, but quick. And yeah, it shows.

gallery_107230_14721_201373.jpg

gallery_107230_14721_40160.jpg

:eek:

You guys are relentless! Congratulations - I'm lost for words... Impressive performance Vykes, this is a fantastic combination of quality, quantity and speed... Bravo!!!

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Every vow is a huge help for our completion, and for our inspiration.  And man, Hyperion, those are awesome.  I love mk. VI armour and having the old Rogue Trader aesthetic is just fantastic, old Thousand Son M, the stripe, the chainblade, awesome.  Love the touch on the nuncio-vox officer.  Seriously good job :smile.:

And thanks Cap'n!  I definitely tried on that'n! I still got three weeks, I have at least 2,250 to paint, wondering how to make it even bigger and more impressive. 

Everything counts and they look quite nice!

A bit too late for this weeks update, but here is my 3rd vow finished.

med_gallery_94103_13007_218704.jpg

I might think about a 4th one during the last week if I feel up to the risk, but until then I won't have enough time for more.l

Archived