+++Age of Darkness Traitor Outpost (AoD-T)+++

Vow #3, for the glory of the Warmaster,

• Librarian in Terminator Armour - 110 pts
  • Damocles Command Rhino w/ dozer blade - 105 pts.

For a total of 215 points for the cause of the righteous. Kill for the living...(and kill for the dead).

gallery_85395_14572_320987.jpg

Kill for the Living, kill for the dead, kill for the Warmasterr!  Very nice Heshman, the Damocles are a ton of fun, and I really do want to see how those Cataphractii sorcerers look.  I mean, the angles always seem slightly 'off' in a lot of pictures, I can never get a good impression of them.  Can't wait to see it, mate! 

And fantastic work, Dreagher.  Gah, I regret not adding a Lighting to my last FW order and there's almost no way I could order them in with time to paint everything now.  Bleh.  Those trio are tank killers, real legit killers. Look great, too. 

I'm working diligently on assembling and finding the final tally on my Vow 5.  Just gotta do some repairs on that old mothballed Fire Raptor and seeing if I can find something else worth painting... bit of a shot in the dark, how do people find Whirlwinds in 30K?  I've never used them in 30K or 40K, they were never my style in the past. 

Right on, comrades!  We've shown our opponents that we are not to be trifled with.  But let this not be our Istvaan, not our high water mark, let us carry the torch to the final edifice and claim victory.  For the Age of Darkness, for the Warmaster!!   

Im not dead! Just revising - NB I hate post grad exams...

Progress has been made in the last few weeks;

4sQ8Lxx.jpg

Jetbikes en masse

B7L3jNH.jpg

Most have this triangular pattern.

rHjYCKn.jpg

The Sgt has this differing pattern to help identify.

NFjNAL3.jpg

Marines are quite a way off yet, however I shall get these all finished by the end of the month!

Always like to see them there jetbikes, Der_H, mate! can't wait to see the whole formation up and ready to kill us some loyalists!

Bit of a question here myself, mates. I was skimming through the shop yesterday and saw a particular set of -shivers and winces- finecast 40K sorts with all their gribbly gaudy baubles. But, they had cloaks... you probably know what set I'm talking about. Yep, the Masters of the Chapter group. So, I carved a few of the more obvious baubles off and I'm thinking, do you think they'd pass muster as a Sons of Horus command squad? Artificer armour, power weapons, power fist, power Maul, and... that guy in really clean mk.III plate that I still am almost loath to convert in any way except a head. Maybe even a basis for Tybalt Marr (who has that Aquilla breastplate).

gallery_107230_14721_27678.jpg

I Vogon declare my second Vow complete.

gallery_92760_11494_205836.jpeg

And a Side by side shot.

gallery_92760_11494_996559.jpeg

I had a lot of fun painting both of these guys but due to life it took a lot longer than I had hoped to get them finished.

Cheers

Vogon

Man, Kizzdougs, that really is awesome. GAH, now I wanna redo my Emperors children to make 'em metallics! Seriously gonna have to go back to your thread and see what sorcery was involved. Awesome work.

And great job Vogon, Alpharius once more walks among us! I do like how barren the base looks, very much the Pluto moonscape feel with the cold greys. And matches the Cataphractii Primus perfectly. Seriously, they look great. And ya got it done with more than enough time to spare, too.

Well... I guess I might as well pull the proverbial trigger.

Once again unto the breach, once again unto the flames. We near our goal, we know our enemy, we may test their mettle and overcome. The numbers have never been on our side, but through strength and perseverence we may yet triumph! Cast down the banners of the false emperor as we tore down the banner of the false kings of thousands of worlds. Arise, and take a stand! One, united, under the Warmaster. No matter of our legion, we have but one cause.

In the name of the Warmaster, by the grace of our lord, I Vykes, marshal of the 65th company of the Warmaster's own legion and servant to the heir apparent of mankind, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Age of Darkness in support of the Warmaster. Through shot and shell, I shall give all to the glory of the Lupercal and his court. By the righteousness of our cause, I vow to raise a force who might spearhead my forces against the legions of the throne: one score of terminators, another half score and seven legionnaires, and six vehicles of war, overseen by the Emperor's forth son the glorious perturabo to guide our praetor's hand.

1. Perterabo (after Istvaan- 490)

2. Praetor Callik Neith as operational commander of the assault platoons of the 65th ( Scimitar Jetbike, archaeotech pistol, master crafted Thunder Hammer,-215)

3. Siegebreaker Centurion Lasit Tynes, recalled from an expedition of the XIIth legion (Siegebreaker, boarding Shield, volkite charger, artificer armour, power axe, 2 phosphex bombs, melta bombs- 165)

4. Justaerin squad Adabal (10 Justaerin, 5 lightning claws, 5 chainfists, 4 combi meltas- 558)

5. Command Squad Aures (4 chosen warriors of the XVIth legion, 1 banner, 4 power weapons, 2 power fists, 1 plasma pistol- 175)

6. Terminator Squad Lynx (5 Tartaros terminators, 4 power swords, 1 power fist- 180)

7. Terminator Squad Lindras (5 Cataphractii terminators, 5 pairs of lightning claws, grenade harness- 260)

8. Support squad Halrus (10 support legionnaires with volkite calvivers- 220)

9. Support squad Mephit (6 support legionnaires with plasma guns- 190)

10. Rapier gun Scorn 3 (Graviton rapier- 75)

11. Deredeo Dreadnought Argent (Ailos Missile Launcher- 220)

12. Contemptor Dreadnought Gorros (Kheres Assault cannon, dreadnought claw, melta gun, extra armour- 210)

13. Anvillus Dreadclaw Drop pod DP-230 (115)

14. Fire Raptor Last Light (Extra Armour, Hellfire missiles- 240)

15. Knight Warden Pax Lupercal (Thunderstrike gauntler, avenger cannon, meltagun, stormspear- 440)

16. Quesetorus Knight Paladin Vox Terminus (Rapid Fire Battle cannon, Icarus autocannon- 410)

The forces raised have a requisition index of 4,163, and I vow to have these forces at the Warmaster's disposal on or before 01 583 018 M.3 (August 1st of antiquity). Success will bring me eternal glory, failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Into the fire, unto ash, onto glory! Lupercal!

yeah... not a small vow by any means but it'll get done! I'll snag a picture of Petulant Pert and the knights and post it up here as an edit in a few hours. if I don't, then I'll paint up Magnus as a penitence vow.

gallery_107230_14721_131914.jpg

gallery_107230_14721_170566.jpg

gallery_107230_14721_29853.jpg

Vow complete! This one was a lot of fun to work on (so were the others, but this one wins because it's for the Emperor's Children).

Hidden Content

zgDdYEw.jpg

vwTNuqX.jpg

More pics and different angles in my WIP thread :smile.:

This is breathtaking man... The freehand is awe-inspiring! :eek:

I Vogon declare my second Vow complete.

Hidden Content

gallery_92760_11494_205836.jpeg

And a Side by side shot.

gallery_92760_11494_996559.jpeg

I had a lot of fun painting both of these guys but due to life it took a lot longer than I had hoped to get them finished.

Cheers

Vogon

Another fantastic completion! Both look awesome. I feel the need to congratulate you on choosing a Primarch mini, as they are among the most demanding in the range, and the generally unloved Apothecary - a brave decision on both counts! And you did justice to both! Again, congratulations!

Man, Kizzdougs, that really is awesome. GAH, now I wanna redo my Emperors children to make 'em metallics! Seriously gonna have to go back to your thread and see what sorcery was involved. Awesome work.

And great job Vogon, Alpharius once more walks among us! I do like how barren the base looks, very much the Pluto moonscape feel with the cold greys. And matches the Cataphractii Primus perfectly. Seriously, they look great. And ya got it done with more than enough time to spare, too.

Well... I guess I might as well pull the proverbial trigger.

Hidden Content

Once again unto the breach, once again unto the flames. We near our goal, we know our enemy, we may test their mettle and overcome. The numbers have never been on our side, but through strength and perseverence we may yet triumph! Cast down the banners of the false emperor as we tore down the banner of the false kings of thousands of worlds. Arise, and take a stand! One, united, under the Warmaster. No matter of our legion, we have but one cause.

In the name of the Warmaster, by the grace of our lord, I Vykes, marshal of the 65th company of the Warmaster's own legion and servant to the heir apparent of mankind, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Age of Darkness in support of the Warmaster. Through shot and shell, I shall give all to the glory of the Lupercal and his court. By the righteousness of our cause, I vow to raise a force who might spearhead my forces against the legions of the throne: one score of terminators, another half score and seven legionnaires, and six vehicles of war, overseen by the Emperor's forth son the glorious perturabo to guide our praetor's hand.

1. Perterabo (after Istvaan- 490)

2. Praetor Callik Neith as operational commander of the assault platoons of the 65th ( Scimitar Jetbike, archaeotech pistol, master crafted Thunder Hammer,-215)

3. Siegebreaker Centurion Lasit Tynes, recalled from an expedition of the XIIth legion (Siegebreaker, boarding Shield, volkite charger, artificer armour, power axe, 2 phosphex bombs, melta bombs- 165)

4. Justaerin squad Adabal (10 Justaerin, 5 lightning claws, 5 chainfists, 4 combi meltas- 558)

5. Command Squad Aures (4 chosen warriors of the XVIth legion, 1 banner, 4 power weapons, 2 power fists, 1 plasma pistol- 175)

6. Terminator Squad Lynx (5 Tartaros terminators, 4 power swords, 1 power fist- 180)

7. Terminator Squad Lindras (5 Cataphractii terminators, 5 pairs of lightning claws, grenade harness- 260)

8. Support squad Halrus (10 support legionnaires with volkite calvivers- 220)

9. Support squad Mephit (6 support legionnaires with plasma guns- 190)

10. Rapier gun Scorn 3 (Graviton rapier- 75)

11. Deredeo Dreadnought Argent (Ailos Missile Launcher- 220)

12. Contemptor Dreadnought Gorros (Kheres Assault cannon, dreadnought claw, melta gun, extra armour- 210)

13. Anvillus Dreadclaw Drop pod DP-230 (115)

14. Fire Raptor Last Light (Extra Armour, Hellfire missiles- 240)

15. Knight Warden Pax Lupercal (Thunderstrike gauntler, avenger cannon, meltagun, stormspear- 440)

16. Quesetorus Knight Paladin Vox Terminus (Rapid Fire Battle cannon, Icarus autocannon- 410)

The forces raised have a requisition index of 4,163, and I vow to have these forces at the Warmaster's disposal on or before 01 583 018 M.3 (August 1st of antiquity). Success will bring me eternal glory, failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Into the fire, unto ash, onto glory! Lupercal!

yeah... not a small vow by any means but it'll get done! I'll snag a picture of Petulant Pert and the knights and post it up here as an edit in a few hours. if I don't, then I'll paint up Magnus as a penitence vow.

gallery_107230_14721_131914.jpg

gallery_107230_14721_170566.jpg

OK, you know you have until August 1st, right? You either got that wrong or the Warp has taken over what's left of your reason... :lol: Good luck man!

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Alright, alright, we slipped a bit but ain't nothing to do about that this week. We're still in this and we're still gonna get through. Where ya lovely lot at? Might as well have a nice impromptu WIP session, eh?

Got most of the legion vehicles up and running. the Raptor's canopy glass is drying right now, and I still have to go over each of 'em with some chrome to pick out the little chips and dings like I normally do. Rest of the infantry are half done, knights are primed and pert has his first coat on. So, y'know, shaping up to be pretty good. Hoping for a finish this week.

gallery_107230_14721_82420.jpg

"How could you even think such a thing!" Aeson raged. They were alone in Aeson's study, just behind the bridge of the Blood Angels cruiser he and his men called home while bringing the outer stars to compliance with the explorator fleet. "Aias, after all that we've been through, all that we've done, you ask me to turn my back on my Emperor, on my primarch? I called you friend, but no friendship is cause for that."

Aias sighed, disappointed by his failure but not surprised. He set a hand on Aeson's shoulder, which the Lamenter immediately shrugged off. "I'm truly sorry, my friend." He let out a chuckle, darkly amused by the situation. "We cannot fight our natures, can we? You, so noble despite your apparent curse. I, on the other hand, must follow my primarch, as well." He turned his head slightly, eye lenses fixed on nothing in particular in the study. "Hail the fleet. Message is 'the deep awakens.'" Another slight turn. "Weapons, target their engines and communications, we can't have them follow us."

Aeson's fury overtook him, and he lashed an arm at the Harrowmaster's head. The helmet crumpled and flew across the room while the rest of the armor collapsed at Aeson's feet, empty. "I may call you friend," the Alpha Legionnaire's now static-filled voice said from the remains of the helmet, "but I didn't truly believe you would join us. Besides, did you really think I'd be here on the very ship my torpedoes are flying towards?" The light in the shattered helm's lenses winked out as the sound of impacts echoed through the ship. Betrayal had come, and the Lamenter's terrible luck continued to be the one thing that Aeson could truly count on.

------

So, my progress was a lot slower than I wanted it to be. I'd wanted to finish my Blood Angels this time last month, so I could potentially make a second vow and help more. But I was unable to, so here we are. But at least my Blood Angels are finished!

So, here we have squad 1:

gallery_32588_10779_35636.jpg

Here's squad 2:

gallery_32588_10779_73169.jpg

Here is squad 3:

gallery_32588_10779_153363.jpg

And here is Praetor Aeson (I did make a couple small changes to the model, but cosmetic only, and honestly this is a pretty bad picture, but it's the best I could do with my equipment):

gallery_32588_10779_9950.jpg

I'm planning on running them as a Primarch's Chosen once Sanguinius drops, so I'm holding off on bases until he releases so I can make them match.

I take it this is a "Vow Complete" statement? If so congratulations, they do look awesome - especially the chequered shoulder pads. :thumbsup:

A point that just occurred to me: Can tactical squads take heavy and special weapons? Am currently at work so no ready access to the books...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Veteran tactical squads can take both a special and heavy weapon (if they're 10 strong, you need 5 for one or the other), standard don't get anything. 

Nie work, Aias.  I hate painting checks of any type (And I used to collect Bretonnians), but I love seein' 'em done.  And it's good to have some Lamenters around.  I think I rather like the red pattern for them actually, very cool and great idea for them as vets of Sanguinius whenhe's out... I know I'm waiting for him, too. 

I really gotta make a prose bit for the completion of my final vow... I do love me some narrative bits!

I take it this is a "Vow Complete" statement? If so congratulations, they do look awesome - especially the chequered shoulder pads. :thumbsup:

A point that just occurred to me: Can tactical squads take heavy and special weapons? Am currently at work so no ready access to the books...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Yes, they are Veteran Tacticals. I stated it in my vow, but think I've just called them Tacticals everywhere else. Sorry for the confusion!

heh, yep all is good. -whistles a bit- Chaos have got some heavy hitters, so we'll definitely need some real punch in the next week or so.

Well, WIP update. And a bit of a question (why not, ya'll rock). The plasma squad is 5/6 done and waiting on bases, as is the rapier crew, and the tartaros terminator squad is finished except for the combi-bolter hands. should have 'em done in an hour or so.

Volkite Support Squad is done, and 1 man heavy though I didn't put 'em in here (he's just there to be an aspirant sorcerer for 40K so I can run them as Rubric). I only could get my hands on 5 Mk.II, might as well make 'em count!

gallery_107230_14721_32057.jpg

Cataphractii Terminator squad is done. Not hard, should be fun though!

gallery_107230_14721_59444.jpg

Dreadclaw done, just getting a base of its own done up, this one is shared with a Fire Raptor.

gallery_107230_14721_131136.jpg

My bit of extra work, I went back and added filters to my Storm Eagle so it would match the now completed Fire Raptor. Deeefinitely a whole lot closer in tone now compared to yesterday.

gallery_107230_14721_122545.jpg

gallery_107230_14721_77391.jpg

Aaaand the command Squad is just waiting on one head to finish drying, and their power packs which I'm working on right now.

gallery_107230_14721_16724.jpg

Praetor so far, I'm really mulling over... plue colour. Crimson, or black? Still got some work on the cloak there to do.

gallery_107230_14721_2763.jpg

Praetor so far, I'm really mulling over... plue colour.  Crimson, or black?  Still got some work on the cloak there to do. 

I would go with black, or possibly white to tie in with the tassels. Only go red if you have something between the plume and cape to break it up, or if you can make it texturally different.

Also, still alive here! Still chugging away at my vow 1. Life threw me a lot of curve balls this summer, so I'm not certain it's going to be finished. But I'm going to try my best to make it across that completion finish line, especially after seeing the outstanding effort in this thread!

Hmm, I guess I didn't even consider the possibility of using Ivory because most of my line sergeants use it... but I guess that actually seems humble to a degree. I may have to do up both a sable and an ivory plume. Thanks mate! I'll get right on that. And keep on goin'! Heh, we've all seen how close the scores are these days, so it can be something like that which makes a world of difference! :smile.:

Oh, and Squad Lynx is now done.

gallery_107230_14721_23959.jpg

Aaaand Revered Banner Bearer Xilas is finished, from command squad Auras.

gallery_107230_14721_88172.jpg

Unfortunately I won’t have much opportunity to get any hobby time in before the deadline so I am not going to commit to a third vow as there would be a very high chance the I wouldn’t complete before the 1st.

However I am rooting for you all to finish the vows you have.

Vykes, once again an inspiration. I don’t know how you manage to paint so quickly and to such a high quality. Amazing effort there.

LetsYouDown, you have my sympathy with the curve balls but don’t give up just yet. 1 vow completed could make all the difference in the final scores.

Captain Semper, thanks for all your efforts with running this once again. It’s been a great encouragement for me to get more painted up for my slowly expanding Alpha Legion I know that it must take a lot of your time and it’s appreciated.

Cheers

Vogon

Ah it's fine Vogon, mate! You contributed well and it does make the difference. Better to finish well rather than pledge spectacular and not quite make it, eh? I'll do my absolute best for the cause! Nice thing about having the summer mostly free.

And aye, thanks a ton for taking the time to organize all of this, Cap'n Semper, it's phenomenally fun and a big driving force to actually get some big armies done!

Well, today's WIP before it rains and washes out any chance of doing some airbrushing/drying.

Command Squad Auras is completed, as is Deredeo Argent, and 5/6 of plasma support squad Mephit. If I push it I'm hoping for a Tuesday completion as the knights are half done, Contemptor is mostly complete aside from the weapons, and the Justaerian are at least base coated. It's doing some work on Pert that may take more time. Not super fused as the bases turned out pretty dark so I'll likely do a bit more work on them with a few spot colours from an airbrush.

gallery_107230_14721_256106.jpg

gallery_107230_14721_73162.jpg

gallery_107230_14721_47546.jpg

Stealth Edit, Rapier Battery Scorn 3 completed.

gallery_107230_14721_43645.jpg

Seeing as the blood angels managed to hold the palace gates until now, aswell as those fully fallen to chaos hindering our victory. I Dreagher, captain of the 121th, will rise to the challenge once more and bring much needed infantery for our cause.

5 man heavy support squad (lascannons, hardend armour, AA, Augury)                 275

5 man heavy support squad (volkite culverins, hardend armour, AA, Augury, MB)   230

5 Rampagers (4 Axes, 1 Pair of blades, Jump packs, AA Seargent)                         240

ETL vow 4

They will be there on or before 01 583 018 M.3 (August 1st of antiquity).

There can only be one Red Angel and it won't be that winged lapdog of the emperor!

Great to see progress and even more vows! Now let's see some solid completions guys, the BAs and Chaos Marines are now way ahead! Let's see some of those first vows completed! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived