+++Age of Darkness Traitor Outpost (AoD-T)+++

That's the style Der_H! Leave it to the 3rd to pull off a classy and perfect finish! Hey, I know I really appreciate details like the control panels. Lookin' right good.

I know the feeling, but I can' wait to see some 3rd legion dreadclaws, and the spartan... and I love me some phoenix guard (Got 10 myself because oh man are those gorgeous!) Can't wait to see em mate. And bloody well done again, they look fantastic.

The Warmaster needs more, I hear the loyalists have restruck the forges to challenge us with a knight household!

As for me, well, I'm willing to send my Cthonians into the fray!

OOC Vow 1 Complete!

gallery_107230_14721_167065.jpg

I was waffling about grey or green, so I decided to try a different shade of green entirely, and add Cthonian gang markings (while the 65th is primarily terran), aaaaand I still have bits coming for the grey vets too.

Partial edit for the sake of edit: added the picklehaub spikes

gallery_107230_14721_120420.jpg

In the works are a dread claw, 2 10 man tactial squads, 5 more phoenix terminators, a librarian (for the IIIrd you say?!) and some more HQs.....oh, and a Spartan! That's basically 2 years work right there....

Hahaha! Don't worry, by next ETL everything will fall into line! :D Congratulations man! :tu:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Despite my own abject laziness and maybe getting distracted by Imperial Knights when they released and maybe video games, I have finally completed the vow I made so long ago.

I'd like to give a special shout-out to Dreagher for messaging me at the start of July and reminding me that I actually had a vow to complete :biggrin.: .

So without further-ado here is my completed vow:

I rushed the picture so sorry for cutting of the left and rightmost marines.

med_gallery_88327_11336_739797.jpg

Magister-Captain Thaeron

med_gallery_88327_11336_52524.jpg

He is about the only model where the transfers decided to stay on. Since I ran out of 'ardcoat and medium keeping them down has been a pain.

Ammitara Cabal

med_gallery_88327_11336_372929.jpg

Sehkmet Terminators

med_gallery_88327_11336_597592.jpg

There are a few scattered transfers but as I mentioned before the lack of sealant meant they kept failing off if I caught them with my fingers/hand.

As much as it kills me to say I'm going to admit failure with my vow owing to the fact I've lost the Moritat :wallbash:

I shall bear the badge of shame henceforth.

However the remainder of my vow is indeed complete.

med_gallery_59195_14583_569199.jpg

med_gallery_59195_14583_512749.jpg

Balthamal, I like your Lernaeans, thank you for sharing. Don’t give up yet, the Moritat may yet turn up in time for you to finish painting him.

Vykes, where do you find the time? Some impressive work in these pages, I should have found the time to visit this thread more.

Heshman, wonderful Logar, I take it that that is a custom helmet. Also that Liberian summoning a Bloodletter, that is not going to go well for someone.

Kizzdougs, truly impressive Herald!

hah, well that can be a thing in its own right, Archidamus. But ya got it right done and they look great (love the Ammitara squad in particular) Yeah, transfers are a really frustrating thing to do without all the extra mediums, solvents, and what not (I had to make a cheap microsol alternative with alcohol, vinegar, and water).

Gaaaah, too bad to hear about losing the Moritat. Though perhaps he shall show up.. Or if ya have any spare bits, stick a few pistols on one of them, slap an M on his forehead and lo, no one can say he isn't a moritat! But man, those termies do look good. I do like the softer blue colouration for them 20th.

Weeeeell Trokair, it's summer so my own job is out for a bit and my other 'do it to keep in shape' job is on hold because my employer maaaaaybe got incarcerated for something :tongue.: So I got a ton of paint and gym time, so it's just fumbling around a nice schedule that just works!

Oh, and you lot would be getting upvotes but "You have reached your max allotments of upvotes for the day".... REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

That's the style Der_H! Leave it to the 3rd to pull off a classy and perfect finish! Hey, I know I really appreciate details like the control panels. Lookin' right good.

I know the feeling, but I can' wait to see some 3rd legion dreadclaws, and the spartan... and I love me some phoenix guard (Got 10 myself because oh man are those gorgeous!) Can't wait to see em mate. And bloody well done again, they look fantastic.

The Warmaster needs more, I hear the loyalists have restruck the forges to challenge us with a knight household!

As for me, well, I'm willing to send my Cthonians into the fray!

OOC Vow 1 Complete!

gallery_107230_14721_167065.jpg

I was waffling about grey or green, so I decided to try a different shade of green entirely, and add Cthonian gang markings (while the 65th is primarily terran), aaaaand I still have bits coming for the grey vets too.

Partial edit for the sake of edit: added the picklehaub spikes

gallery_107230_14721_120420.jpg

These are fantastic!!

As much as it kills me to say I'm going to admit failure with my vow owing to the fact I've lost the Moritat :wallbash:

I shall bear the badge of shame henceforth.

However the remainder of my vow is indeed complete.

med_gallery_59195_14583_569199.jpg

med_gallery_59195_14583_512749.jpg

DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT MORITAT!!! Find a stand in, count-as whatever! I'm prepared to accept it provided you bring it in before the deadline!

You've done so much work man!!!!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Cap'n Semper is absolutely right, just that last proxy sort because that is a crazy and awesome amount of work, Balthamal!  Just one dude with a pistol (and even just one more on his hip), and boom, mission accomplished.  We all believe in ya, mate! 

Thanks, Grieux.  I definitely was toying around with how to make them look as different (yet similar) as possible to my other Sons of Horus.  Figured, more green, more marks, more pointy helmets.  And I realized I had no close combat legionnaires (reavers and termies don't count) so, what better excuse, eh? Still got 10 more some time that I'll have to do... then maybe 20 more legionnaires... and 20 breachers, probably a mastadon at that point, then done.  Possibly... 30K is scary like that, isn't it? 

In the works are a dread claw, 2 10 man tactial squads, 5 more phoenix terminators, a librarian (for the IIIrd you say?!) and some more HQs.....oh, and a Spartan! That's basically 2 years work right there....

BAH! In the chaos section I did 2 15 man Tactical Squads, 4 Deathshroud, a Dredero, A Maginant Plagucaster, a Chaos Lord AND a Spartan. You could do all yours in one ETL.

(Plus it's a LOT of points no matter your faction. If my memory is correct to the tune of at least 1300 HH era points.)

Y'know, that's what I thought too, Leonite, so I actually went to check the points and it juuuust clips by over 1,000 (1,010 actually).  HH does get a major point reduction compared to 40K in a few things (my guess would be 40K gets about a 30% addition on average.  Some dreads are almost perfectly spot on, but some vehicles are nearly 100% more expensive).  But aye, it can veeeery very much be done in one ETL... heh It could be done in one vow! 

As for me, well I've done as much as I can.  The momentum is veeeeeery clearly on the loyalists side right now, and good on them too.  So it's up to you lot: this year, will we snatch defeat from the jaws of victory?

jObZJ0F.jpg

The hour is upon us, comrads!  This is the precipice of change! 

Hah, that's the spirit, Balthamal, knew ya could do it!  Good job getting that clutch work done, man (and no despair!).  This helps us out tremendously. 

Semper, all good, Cap'n?  We goooood? 

We good! :tu; phewww.... 

Just add a family pic in your last post to have everything in one place! But we're good! :smile.:

Where is Supe Robo Gangster 1 and the Observer? (sounds like a classic rock band :P)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Our whole force should be right proud of Balthamal!  I sure am, never give up, never surrender.  

But we do need a hero right now!*

The last bastion is in sight but we can't breach it without reinforcements. One last push and we have this!

*I feel like I should be screaming this into a vox horn right now :P 

church-doors.jpg

ETL VI IS OFFICIALLY OVER!

NO NEW COMPLETIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED PAST THIS POINT!

That was a blast, but it's not over yet! I will go through all the Outposts to make a LAST UPDATE later on and then I need to compile the results and present them in a meaningful manner in the Final Report. This will come in a couple of days along with the relevant badges. 

What I need is, after the LAST UPDATE, for each participant to check his/her status in the first page of his/her Outpost and notify me if there is something amiss so I can correct it. Do that publicly in the Outposts as my inbox is filled and I have no time to clean it up. 

Once you check your status lay back and wait for the final report. If you have any questions feel free to raise them. You can freely discuss the event in your Outpost, post pics of your vows and generally have a great and relaxed time until the Final Report. 

Congratulations to all!

And to the fierce contention brought along

Innumerable force of spirits, armed

That durst dislike his reign, and me preferring,

His utmost power with adverse power,

opposed in dubious battle on the Plains of Heaven,

And shook His throne.

What though the field be lost?

All is not lost; the unconquerable will,

And study of revenge, immortal hate,

And courage never to submit or yield:

And what is else not to be overcome?

That Glory never shall his wrath or might

Extort from me. To bow and sue for grace

With suppliant knee, and deify His power

Who from the terror of this Arm so late

Doubted his Empire.

Since through experience of this great event

In Arms not worse, in foresight much advanced,

We may with more successful hope resolve

To wage by force or guile, eternal war

Irreconcilable to our grand foe,

Who now triumphs,

Let us tend from off the tossing of these fiery waves,

And there rest, if any rest can harbour there,

And reassembling our afflicted Powers,

Consult how we may henceforth most offend

Our Enemy, our own loss how repair,

How overcome this dire calamity,

What reinforcement we may gain from hope,

If not, what resolution from despair.”

~John Milton, Early human scholar M2 Treatise on the Long War

The logicians have been consulted and my points are correct.  I have committed the 65th company, 11,553 points (and one extra OOC vow) to the fray and await the official call.  Though I shall not order recall, I shall feel pride in the fight to the last, and I shall trust in the comrades in who we have entrusted this endeavor to us all. Well done, to all the faithful, the vanguard, the harbingers of the new era.  No matter our final result, well done one and all.  

And many times thank you Captain Semper for organizing this and keeping it running, it's been an absolute best.  So my humblest thanks and deepest gratitude mate!  My first ETL has been fantastic, and by the grace of fate, it shan't be my last!  

Archived