+++Age of Darkness Traitor Outpost (AoD-T)+++

Well, it usually kicks off in the Jan 15 -Apr 15 slot, so after the stash is replenished following the holiday season, and before the ETL...

But I’m not so sure now... running a painting event so close to the ETL May drain the AoD momentum... yet others claim that in fact it builds momentum. Still thinking about it.

I might run it simultaneously with the Call of Chaos in autumn, and ending it before the Holidays. Or run it simultaneously with the next ETL to boost the drive. Dunno...

Early days still guys, and remember: 2019 is the 20th Anniversary of the B&C - so there are a lot of background discussions as to what to do...

Oh man, I hear ya there, Lamebeard.  The Furious Abyss was... uh, we'll say not my favourite D&D book... I mean 30K book.  Heroes in a space tavern fighting an evil wizard that monologues half the time.  Best part of that book was the World Eaters, hands down, every time.  And likewise, I'm really hoping for some good IXth legion termies.  I was first a Blood Angel, still am at heart, but I just really appreciate some of the traitor legions.  See, all things work out there.  Blood Angels vet kill team, even an allied force eventually with some other loyalist groups.  Even loyalist World Eaters given their friendly rivalry. 

I've got two squads left from the Prospero bit, still struggling with what to do with them, think they may go straight into XVIth vets, but I have been eying up another full platoon of Legionnaires.  Ugh, I should leave proper room for the dozen and one kill teams I'm gonna want to go through. But that Calth Dread.... yeaaaaaah, I have problems with it.  Typically I glue, then cut it to ribbons and repose it as much as I can as it is such a dead neutral pose. 

'To the bits store' four of the most dangerous words in my life, next to 'FW free shipping, when?'

Kicking off near Jan 15th... Okay, dangerous (birthday is the 17th).  It's definitely a tough one as yeah, I'm recharging a bit.  

In other news, you lot have to be wizards or I have to be a curse, because I couldn't post for a few days :P Now just trying to get my artificer picture all set up.  I have a long string of stuff to say later, pretty sure... probably. 

-laugh- you two rock, my many many thanks. The, uh, odd part is that I may have not voted for myself in any way shape or form :tongue.: Others may have gotten my vote, including the other of our warmaster's representative. Hmm, the macro and micro of excellence, I rather like that notion, Fortis :smile.:

StatusJoe, eeeeeexcellent! Going with some more armour and armour busters is always awesome to see, so you better be keeping us updated, mate! I'm trying to decide if I should continue the 65th right away with a platoon of 3 Sicarans, or a Mastadon, or save it for our next little event to make a bigger splash! Kill team terrain may be taking a bit of my attention at the moment. And thanks to the ETL, I have a group I rather like!

gallery_107230_14721_212819.jpg

-laugh- you two rock, my many many thanks.  The, uh, odd part is that I may have not voted for myself in any way shape or form :tongue.:  Others may have gotten my vote, including the other of our warmaster's representative.  Hmm, the macro and micro of excellence, I rather like that notion, Fortis :smile.:

StatusJoe, eeeeeexcellent!  Going with some more armour and armour busters is always awesome to see, so you better be keeping us updated, mate!  I'm trying to decide if I should continue the 65th right away with a platoon of 3 Sicarans, or a Mastadon, or save it for our next little event to make a bigger splash!  Kill team terrain may be taking a bit of my attention at the moment. And thanks to the ETL, I have a group I rather like!  

So, with  my XIII nearing completion, I am pondering over what legion to do next, and I've narrowed it down to 3

Imperial Fists

Salamanders

Alpha Legion

I'm partial to Dorn myself, but when showing my fiance pictures of the three primarchs, she said she liked Alpharius because "Its such a far cry from what I normally paint."

I guess I could always play a loyalist Alpha Legion army, and then use Alpharius as Omegon? I just feel so dirty that I'm marrying someone who is so quick to pick the traitors. :D

Ooo, hmmm, good question. -laughs- hey, fiance that goes towards the traitors and the shiny CIA one is still probably good news... probably.

Imperial Fists and their yellow hell is always gonna be one that is striking. I'd say Alpha Legion over Salamanders, because while I really do like the Salamander's identity and personality, man are they fiddly. More over, I'm kinda incline to say that the Salamanders might bear the strongest resemblance to the XIIIth while the XXth and VIIth can look and feel completely different.

I painted Dorn as a gift for a friend a while back and man do I love that model.

gallery_107230_14721_221436.jpg

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_6_Poster_01_Announcement_V2.jpg

ETL VI MASTER ARTIFICER: 

KIZZDOUGHS

You can see the results here

Now the ETL VI is truly over. This thread will remain open for posting but will become unpinned. 

Until next year, farewell!

Captain Semper
Member of the Inner Circle
Master of Recruits

Archived