+++Aeldari Outpost+++

Captain Semper

Got some painting done today, and treated myself to the first scorpion after finishing 3 Avengers and basecoating another two. Here goes the first Striking Scorpion:

zdftDVP.jpg

vsA3iGq.jpg

Base needs some work and i might highlight the accesories on his belt a bit more, otherwise i'm pleased so far :smile.:

Just realized i gotta do the straps on his arms as well as the buckles on the ankles. d'oh ^^

Real life has been getting in the way rather persistently, along with other artistic pursuits. But there's progress!

med_gallery_54681_14477_250420.jpg

I think I'll be doing something similar on the Starweavers like I have on the bikes - its a bit different to what everyone else does, and pushes me a little more. But I'm still here!

Real life has been getting in the way rather persistently, along with other artistic pursuits. But there's progress!

med_gallery_54681_14477_250420.jpg

I think I'll be doing something similar on the Starweavers like I have on the bikes - its a bit different to what everyone else does, and pushes me a little more. But I'm still here!

You are indeed! And it looks great! :tu: Now we only have a couple of weeks left, so let's wrap it up guys!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

It's just a painting event Brother Chaplain Kage, if you don't get them done, it's certainly not the end of the world. Congratulations on fighting through your burnout so far. :yes:

I've managed to get some paint on my Kabalites, there are a few things I could touch up with them, but I'd be happy to play with them as they are.

Apologies for the poor photos, but they'll suffice for now.

dKOLAAdl.jpg?1

8evdrI7l.jpg?1

I've been working on the Archon conversion today and generally gluing things to my fingers. I should be on track to get her done in time for the end of the event.

Papewaio, nice to see how your models are coming along. Keep up the good work.

Dallo

Excellent Dallo, now let's see more Eldar following your example! 

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE 12th WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT TOWARDS THE FINAL SCORE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hi guys!

I've been more or less radio silent lately, as a result of injury, an unexpected and overwhelming amount of work for the past few weeks, and crippling depression and anxiety. I expect I probably argued with people in News & Rumors and declared that 40k is a gateway game for Kill Team (I don't actually know, but it seems like something I would do) but otherwise I just haven't had the time or energy for posting updates. Especially with all the painting I've been doing.

Here's my Solarite. (Also my computer died, so these are uncorrected photos from my phone.)

rSNdvaa.jpg

PuRQEgB.jpg

uZ0ggw7.jpg

I gave her a venom blade just to tie her in with my Covenites. Her wings are based on a mockingbird's. I don't know if you've ever had a mockingbird impersonating a car alarm outside your bedroom window at 3 in the morning, but trust me, it's an appropriate reference for a bunch of highly imaginative space sadists.

That just leaves the fifth and final Scourge, which I actually finished this morning. In a day or two when I've finished vanishing, provided there's no unexpected calamity, I should be able to post pictures and declare my vow complete.

So it seems like I'm gonna pull this off! But I know better than to rule out unexpected calamity.

Sorry to hear about your injury and other troubles Calyptra, but I'm super-happy that you're completing your vow before the end of the event and I'm AMAZED by the quality of your work... This is very, VERY high quality stuff! Bravo!

Now make sure to get the "vow-complete" post before Aug 1st @ 17:00 GMT and everything will be grand! :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Current state:

Tomorrow i actually got a day off, should let me finish the Avengers (highlights on the armor where missing, details, clean up, bases), leaving me with four Scorpions for the nightshift. Work will have to go slow on tuesday :P All is not lost in this war!

Vow complete!

ETL Complete 1

ETL Complete 2

ETL Complete 3

Not sure I'm in love with the scheme but it's quick and dirty, which I feel is necessary if I'm ever to make headway on the DE project.  Phone camera definitely doesn't capture the highlights very well.

As promised, here's my final blaster Scourge.

Hidden Content

LgNudGE.jpg

gHIgo0V.jpg

25SZrBt.jpg

Which means I've finished the unit.

CDgdUGu.jpg

Vow complete.

I did it!

ejOPCv9.jpg

Congratulations man! You used all the time available and came up with stunning results! You should be rightly proud of this minis - their quality and character are superb! We don't often see that great a quality :thumbsup:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived