Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

+++Aeldari Outpost+++

ETL VI ETL E Tenebrae Lux E Tenebrae Lux VI

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Shard of Magnus

Shard of Magnus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 143 posts
  • Faction: Drukhari, Imperial Fists

So I've been trying to get going on my stuff and get a vow in, but I'm actually stuck on a basing scheme. Anyone have any ideas for a "webway" base? My thought on the Lugganath army I'm building is that it will have Lugganath, a Harlequin troupe, and possibly some corsairs, all "emerging from the webway".

Have you considered trying a mist or wispy fog effect? Teased cotton, pillow filler, dental floss, or spider web (like the the kits you see in stores around Halloweeen time) will give varying densities.

ETL_VI_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment_.jpg

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,625 posts
  • Faction: Stoneburners

Have you considered trying a mist or wispy fog effect? Teased cotton, pillow filler, dental floss, or spider web (like the the kits you see in stores around Halloweeen time) will give varying densities.

That's a cool idea! What else would you put on the base? I'd been thinking of some kind of cobble- or paving stones of some kind.

I've been trying to find descriptions of the webway, but I haven't been all that successful on what it looks like. I'm not normally that concerned with the official representation, but I'd at least like to have a starting place.
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners
Posted Here: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the War and Wolves): PCA WiP Forum
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Shard of Magnus

Shard of Magnus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 143 posts
I would put paver (or slate/marble) stones and rubble on the bases. Webways go hand in hand with wraithbone for me so I’d try for something to represent that. The rubble would be to transition to other terrain and show general decay of the webway. Or...I’d go with something like the Desecrated Lands based from Dragon Forge. Has the paver stone appearance and the patterns on those would fit well in my opinion. Plus random skulls? It is 40k and the webway isn’t safe for the unprepared.

I also really like the idea of water effects on some parts of the bases as that could be used to create an iridescent effect maybe. This isn’t something I feel I could pull off but it seems to have potential.

Edited by Shard of Magnus, 19 May 2018 - 10:17 PM.

Shard of Magnus

Shard of Magnus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 143 posts

Progress has been slower than I would like.  I was able to spend time this weekend working on my vow instead of working...so had that going for me!  Everything is still at various stages of what I consider the pre-shading phase since my palette remains monochrome (working up from black primer to white highlights in this case).  At some point I'll shift to glazes and washes to add color and deepen the shadows.  Not the most efficient way to paint but it helps me visualize where to shade and highlight easier.     

Drazhar is the furthest along.  Ideally it will only take another 2-3 transitions to move up to pure white for the extreme highlights.  Then comes the point where I had to make a decision on colors instead of changing my mind every other day.  The wrack is partially through the stage that is finished on Drazhar.  Figured I'd show it just to give an idea of how details start to get picked out.  There are a few things I've messed up on all the figures getting to this point but I think I can correct the items without too much hassle.

med_gallery_70556_14545_122534.jpgmed_gallery_70556_14545_207226.jpg

• Captain Semper, WarriorFish and Kierdale like this

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,817 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

Update!

hVCwH1q.png

• Captain Semper and WarriorFish like this

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 12,288 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Great progress here guys - keep the pace!

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,625 posts
  • Faction: Stoneburners
Wait, where did the ridges go?
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners
Posted Here: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the War and Wolves): PCA WiP Forum
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,817 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

After a day of looking at it, I decided I didn't like them that much. Tried a few other options and realized I liked the smooth helmet better. 

• Bryan Blaire likes this

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 12,288 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

ETL_VI_Top_Banner_.jpg

ETL VI - WEEK 3 UPDATE

Papewaio

Papewaio

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 172 posts

Final shot before I have a crack at the motley. How hard can it be, right? I bought a new brush and everything.

med_gallery_54681_14477_754178.jpg

I was tempted to call it there for these guys - they're already far beyond my old standard that I used to paint to. But I'll be damned if I get left behind in the wake of the gorgeous stuff all you guys are doing! 

• Kierdale and Shard of Magnus like this
we_badge_papewaio.png

QUOTE (Lady_Canoness @ Jun 25 2010, 07:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ride a blood-red go-kart into the thick of it, and leave the 'riding-down-a-bumpy-road-with-no-shocks-and-no-pants-on' to those pretty boys in pink!
Welcome to the World Eaters!

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,003 posts
med_gallery_63428_9407_434717.jpg
Just here to make a list for She Who Thirsts...
Those whose souls are forfeit upon failure of vows
:D

But more seriously, as WarriorFish mentioned, my army is based as if fighting in a (wraithbone) Eldar settlement.
You can see the Armies on Parade board Here
Scroll down for the better images.
If it provides anyone with ideas, great.

And, made a couple of years ago, I have a Webway Gate (it’s more of a backdoor now, compared to the new, official model...but Slaanesh is interested in penetrating any way. Front or back):
med_gallery_63428_13407_936576.jpg

I used UV-cured resin from the hundred-yen store (like a dollar-store, I guess). This particular one had a little glitter in it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ETL VI, ETL, E Tenebrae Lux, E Tenebrae Lux VI

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users