Captain Semper

Work is being done on Rezak...I think I finally have his staff of light (synaptic disintegrator with blades attached) and his base figured out...unfortuantely I’ve been informed of problems with the Reforger so that is still on the back burner...I I have to I’ll vow just Rezak but I want my first vow to be reasonably substantial.

Glad to hear everyone else is making progress...@Mithril any news to share from the enemy camp?

Adorondak, a week’s time to paint all of the Necron forgebane stuff is impressive...don’t put yourself down! It looks very nice.

Work is being done on Rezak...I think I finally have his staff of light (synaptic disintegrator with blades attached) and his base figured out...unfortuantely I’ve been informed of problems with the Reforger so that is still on the back burner...I I have to I’ll vow just Rezak but I want my first vow to be reasonably substantial.

Glad to hear everyone else is making progress...@Mithril any news to share from the enemy camp?

Adorondak, a week’s time to paint all of the Necron forgebane stuff is impressive...don’t put yourself down! It looks very nice.

well, Vay's Manta is chugging along nicely :sweat: and the other larger pieces are too.. and i have started on my T'AU finally :blush.:  although i do still intend to finish repainting all my cron's for here...(the ETL is helping in a way)

I've realised the Necrons really need a Huge:eek:  titan-like model (like that new rumored one) to help em as no one really wants the FW pylons :huh.:  

i reckon if that super heavy is out before next year's ETL it will make a difference...

Mithril 

Given we saw an actual model and not a render at warhammer feat I’m hoping it’s out before the end of this ETL...especially since the Forgeworld weekender is soon.

I wish Semper had given us imperial knights as a complete cross-faction thing, like freeblades/corrupted knights/scratchbuild potential, but I can understand why he didn’t.

Also, what other big pieces? We talking riptide sized or the Tau’nar supremacy stuff?

What about Monoliths? Or Obelisks and Tessaract Vaults? or a Tomb Citadel?  :P

Agreed, the Necrons do not have the wealth of Tau in high point single units, but it's not like you guys have exhausted the resources available to Necrons either... ;) And I cannot make Necron minis for you guys... I wish I could as I like Necrons more than any Xenos race (a close second is Tyranids) but that's what GW has on offer... Oh, and don't forget the Named Characters - way more point-rich vs. the Tau...

Well, the important thing to paint what you want to paint. the points will add up eventually. The Necrons have an extremely nice range, don't think too much of the points, think of what you want your army to look like when done! And hopefully, we'll see more Overlords joining the ranks - I cannot stress this enough: participation wins ETLs - not big vows! ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Victory Is mine

med_gallery_88567_14573_537342.png

After several attempts that was worryingly looking like I'd need to replace my spray I found the rattle can of retributor armour in the loft burried under a box of conversion bits and half finished terrain.

I have now fully sprayed my Vow and wil be moving onto to agrax earthshade this evening with a big brush.

Also this is looking like a strong contender for a C'tan shard of the deceiver counts as conversion.

med_gallery_88567_14573_375933.png

Needs a staff and some form of legs... hmm something to ponder for vow number 2, I've plans to get the Forgebane box set for a second vow and I recon some of the spares from the Lychguard kit depending on how I build them may come in handy.

Some pondering to do in the mean time.

Great progress Mechanist! This Sphinx (or whatever it was called) certainly makes a great contender for the C'Tan and bodes well with the "Egyptian" theme of the Necrons. However you need to make sure that this represent a 40k miniature  and not a Fantasy one. I'm sure you'll find a smart way to do it! ;)

I Clunk rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Xenos (Necrons) and vow to complete two units of 12 Necron Warriors totalling 288 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Vow 1 - Before Photo

gallery_108101_14593_50112.jpg

Great progress Mechanist! This Sphinx (or whatever it was called) certainly makes a great contender for the C'Tan and bodes well with the "Egyptian" theme of the Necrons. However you need to make sure that this represent a 40k miniature  and not a Fantasy one. I'm sure you'll find a smart way to do it! :wink:

Not sure how to make it more 40k specifically as the stock Ctan are basicaly naked blokes with lightning or a bit of cloth. There will of cause be a few at the least necron bits going in and I'm looking at the lord cloak bit's I currently have spare from conversions.

The other Idea is to play with the 'smoking mirror' part of the dynasty naming and have it coming out of a Necron portal which should work.

Having just spent all evening Agraxing the whole 1st vow I have some time to work it out yet.

Mechanist, (BTW your name is weirdly hard to spell; i always want to spell it mechanicist for some reason), I think so long as it has sufficient necron bling (e.g. i think some chains with a necron glyph/scarab lock would go a long way to making it obvious its a chained monster) you'll be fine, subject to the good Captain's approval of course.

Welcome Clunk to the Necron ranks! Every vow is good, and welcome to the cause. The Silent King will be pleased!

Will the Scarabs be an easy follow up vow, or are they already painted?

(Ofc, you may not have any scarabs and I may be stupid for asking, who knows.)

EDIT: Also @Captain Semper yes but those things are out of stock as others have said, or cost lots of money...and we've already discussed the tomb citadel, you and I :dry.::biggrin.: .

Update (with photo's):

• Scarabs done
  • C'tan done
  • Legs of 25 immortals done
  • legs of 8 warriors done

med_gallery_85622_14482_115321.jpg

med_gallery_85622_14482_371791.jpg

I loved chopping up those Cadians

med_gallery_85622_14482_346890.jpg

med_gallery_85622_14482_48954.jpg

The C'tan is/are escaping, quick call the scarab squad

med_gallery_85622_14482_248941.jpg

med_gallery_85622_14482_350203.jpg

The easy half of most models (some were already assembled when i figured spraying the legs with leadbelcher would be way faster)

Welcome Clunk, your vow is in! :tu: Good luck mate! :)

Great progress Mechanist! This Sphinx (or whatever it was called) certainly makes a great contender for the C'Tan and bodes well with the "Egyptian" theme of the Necrons. However you need to make sure that this represent a 40k miniature  and not a Fantasy one. I'm sure you'll find a smart way to do it! :wink:

Not sure how to make it more 40k specifically as the stock Ctan are basicaly naked blokes with lightning or a bit of cloth. There will of cause be a few at the least necron bits going in and I'm looking at the lord cloak bit's I currently have spare from conversions.

The other Idea is to play with the 'smoking mirror' part of the dynasty naming and have it coming out of a Necron portal which should work.

Having just spent all evening Agraxing the whole 1st vow I have some time to work it out yet.

Well, I think that anything that ties it or alludes to its Necrom allegiance would suffice. The above are more than enough. What I'm concerned here, is B&C rules - not so much ETL rules. 

Mechanist, (BTW your name is weirdly hard to spell; i always want to spell it mechanicist for some reason), I think so long as it has sufficient necron bling (e.g. i think some chains with a necron glyph/scarab lock would go a long way to making it obvious its a chained monster) you'll be fine, subject to the good Captain's approval of course.

Welcome Clunk to the Necron ranks! Every vow is good, and welcome to the cause. The Silent King will be pleased!

Will the Scarabs be an easy follow up vow, or are they already painted?
(Ofc, you may not have any scarabs and I may be stupid for asking, who knows.)

EDIT: Also @Captain Semper yes but those things are out of stock as others have said, or cost lots of money...and we've already discussed the tomb citadel, you and I :dry.::biggrin.: .

We will make a full appraisal of the Necrons (and each faction for that matter) once the ETL is over and we have the total picture. I do value the Frater input and it helps shape the future. For the record, the FW shop appears to have everything in stock... 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

If I don't vow I think I'll miss the cutoff date. So, here's my vow, much as I wish it had been larger. On the bright side, it will likely be done before the next week, so, hopefully, I'll be able to vow again in a week or two.

​I, Daimyo-Phaeron Presumptive Lenoch, in full view of my brothers and sisters of the Bolter and Chainsword, take up the burden of E TENEBRAE LUX for the honor of the Necron Forum and the Liber. I vow to paint 1 (one) Necron Overlord with a staff of light and a resurrection orb, for a sum of 129 (one hundred and twenty-nine) points, to be completed on or before the first of August, 2018. Success will bring eternal glory to the Naculan Dynasty, the Necron Empire, and the Liber, and failure shall earn me the Silent King's wrath and doom me to wear the badge of the Oathbreaker until the year's end. This i swear.

Rezak front

Rezak Back

Rezak Side

Here is Deathmark Vizier Rezak the Executioner. His weapon is a custom synaptic disintegrator with a pair of blades attached to it, hence the staff of light profile. I'm rather proud of how the model turned out, now I just need to paint him.

EDIT: Edited vow to include the fact I’m vowing for the Liber as well, and to make it a tad more dramatic.

Well, you sure made it Daimyo! And officially welcome to the ETL! :D

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Thank you for the official welcome, Captain. I’ll try and put up a good showing beyond this vow.

Also I added my vow to be for the Liber as well (something a tad odd that’s going on, not entirely sure of it myself, but basically there’ll be lore attached to the completed vow as well). Hope that’s okay!

So I've finally picked up the last bits I needed before I can start laying some paint on my first vow models (and my first models for about 15 years) hoping to get the primer down tonight - small child dependant. :unsure.:

Love the weekly updates Captain Semper - a little update of my own, managed to lay primer down on 10 necrons tonight with the airbrush, once I get some base colours down I'll throw up some progress photos myself.

Archived